• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand how the BG had a gun in the first place. Everyone knows that if they make it illegal for someone to own a firearm that it's impossible to acquire one afterwards. Being a felon the BG was forbidden from possessing a firearm so it's impossible that he had one...

Ya know, because logic.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I don't understand how the BG had a gun in the first place. Everyone knows that if they make it illegal for someone to own a firearm that it's impossible to acquire one afterwards. Being a felon the BG was forbidden from possessing a firearm so it's impossible that he had one...

Ya know, because logic.

I'm laughing with you, but I'm stupified by the people that actually believe that laws prevent people from doing illegal things. No, your banning guns does not mean a robber will not rob with a gun.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Were the sights on top of the BG's gun or on the side?

sideways_gun_sight.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So a career criminal gets let out of prison early to commit some more violence?

Sadly the shooter may face some type of civil lawsuit because clearly this dead man was a victim of inappropriate firearm use.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Someone really believes making guns illegal will keep them out of the hands of BG's?

That's scary
    Not quite. He felt quite certain though that the law made me do certain things, as if it wasn't a choice on my part, but some magical force that compelled to be in compliance.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Fox 59 now reporting that IMPD has confirmed that it was a customer that shot and killed the would-be robber. The customer is now downtown being questioned by police.

I'm curious if BehindBlueI's will be working this case.

Nope. If they die, I'm never lead, and its rare I have to assist. The other side of the office gets the ones who don't survive, and I'm VERY happy to stay on my side (no infant death investigations among many other reasons). Now, being about 7 steps away from the desk of the lead on this, one could reasonably assume I would be curious and inquire as to what occurred as well as been privy to the stat sheet.

Not discussing this particular event of course.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Detectives with IMPD also identified him as a suspect in other robberies in the Indianapolis area.

But of course. Assume also a number of misdemeanor offenses, possibly a dismissed gun charge, and a juvenile rap sheet.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    From some apologist commenting on the story to RTV 6's Facebook page: Just thought yall would like to hear his story. He just said he was going to do it but had no intention on hurting anyone. He just needed money for his daughters medicine. Which is like $3800. After being fired they cut off their insurance. So who wanna step up to help her out. Mother is nowhere to be found, brother killed two weeks ago after walking to the gas station, father killed trying to make a way just so he doesn't have to bury his daughter. Thats a real man in my eyes. And he was fired because he took off too much time after his son was killed because his daughter has been so depressed its made her sicker and he has to be with here

Well... if she needs the meds and no one is around to get them for her, it sounds like he still won't have to bury her. Personally, I believe that now he'll never be with her, either, given the evil act he committed, however, that's just what I believe.

Hope he wasn't dressed too warmly when he died. Probably pretty hot where he is now.

And if this post comes across as cold... well... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If the daughter is real, I'm sorry to hear she will have this to deal with. It's not her fault her dad was a thief.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    When details are releasable, I'm curious who fired the first shot. Not that it truly matters but as a bystander knowing when to intervene is a crap shoot. It's very clear that you intervene once the lead starts flying and you have no means to retreat, but from the time a robbery is announced, and a weapon is displayed intervening along that timeline is often debatable as to what each person would do. I'm still not sure how I'd react if the weapon is simply presented. There are a lot of other "what ifs" that come into play.

the other thing that is unfortunate that we don't talk about often is the mental state of the customer from this point on. Being in this situation will forever be remembered and could leave him with a PTSD that he may or may not be able to function with. It's not as simple as defending yourself and moving on.

Top Bottom