• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I was watching channel 23 news (8) last night and they had a short interview with some sort of police official about the defensive shootings that have occurred recently. (The officials response was disturbing.) The official said that they were concerned that this could encourage a cowboy mentality which could result in more shootings. She also said that everyone needs to realize that when they fire a gun, they are no longer a victim, but they make a victim out of the perpetrator. :n00b: What???? I can't believe that was said. I have been trying to find it on the web so I could quote her, but I didn't have any luck.

So, I guess the bottom line is, if you fire a gun in self defense, you are now the perpetrator and the perpetrator is now the victim. :n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

The world no longer makes sense.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was watching channel 23 news (8) last night and they had a short interview with some sort of police official about the defensive shootings that have occurred recently. (The officials response was disturbing.) The official said that they were concerned that this could encourage a cowboy mentality which could result in more shootings. She also said that everyone needs to realize that when they fire a gun, they are no longer a victim, but they make a victim out of the perpetrator. :n00b: What???? I can't believe that was said. I have been trying to find it on the web so I could quote her, but I didn't have any luck.

That goes into the realm of "aggressively stupid" comments.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Holy cow. That took me nearly an hour to read through but it was extremely interesting. Thanks for posting it. Although I also kind of hate you, because now I'm rethinking my choice of caliber for my EDC..

Caliber is not the deciding factor in stopping a threat. You could have the "best man-stopper ever!!1!" round in your gun but it doesn't do you a bit of good if you don't hit your target, or hit it in a non-vital area.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I was watching channel 23 news (8) last night and they had a short interview with some sort of police official about the defensive shootings that have occurred recently. (The officials response was disturbing.) The official said that they were concerned that this could encourage a cowboy mentality which could result in more shootings.

Perhaps she forgot that what "resulted in the shootings" was the criminal threatening someone else.

She also said that everyone needs to realize that when they fire a gun, they are no longer a victim, but they make a victim out of the perpetrator.
    Please do find this clip so we can verify exactly what she said and decide which portion of the dictionary we need to highlight for her.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Caliber is not the deciding factor in stopping a threat. You could have the "best man-stopper ever!!1!" round in your gun but it doesn't do you a bit of good if you don't hit your target, or hit it in a non-vital area.

I know. I'm comfortable with what I carry currently and confident I can get hits with it if needed. But I'm always looking for reasons to justify buying a new gun.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know. I'm comfortable with what I carry currently and confident I can get hits with it if needed. But I'm always looking for reasons to justify buying a new gun.

Reason to justify????
    What is this language?
    See gun
    Like gun
    Buy gun

Anything else, and you're just spitting on 'Merica.
    :)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Holy cow. That took me nearly an hour to read through but it was extremely interesting. Thanks for posting it. Although I also kind of hate you, because now I'm rethinking my choice of caliber for my EDC..

Given the percentage of DGUs that involve discharge of the firearm - much less, that involve actual death - the caliber of your EDC is of little importance.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

I read it for an hour as well... Crazy.. I'll continue to carry my g27

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Patron is cooperating with police and this looks like it's shaping up to be a legal & justified self defense shooting. BG is still really dead.

Has there been any report on caliber, ammunition type, and number of rounds places on target?

I'm guessing it was a .45 ACP. That's based solely on B-N-B's comment that he is 'really dead'. If it were anything less than a .45, he would just be dead, but since he's 'really dead', it must have been a .45.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Based on BBI's info, I now understand that the .45 would have made him 'Really, really dead', not just 'really dead' as the .40 does.

Caliber was .40.

Top Bottom