• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's was a heck of a good link mrortega! I've often wondered when I hear the phrase 'Someone killed with a 9mm is just as dead as someone killed with a .45'. Dead may be dead, but there's a time element to it that's often lacking. That article helps me understand that a bit better.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, one morgue is a good start. I am still not ready to take it as fact.

If every person shot with a .45 you see is dead, because live people don't go to the morgue, that's not really a useful tidbit of information.

I see an average of 8.2 autopsies per day/365 days per year, and I can tell you that when the chips are down, there's nothing that beats a 12-gauge. As for handguns, the name of the game is not only shot placement but how a properly-placed bullet acts once it gets there. I've seen folks killed by a bb to the eye and others survive after being hit by several well-placed rounds with a 9mm.

Curious how he saw the survivors at the morgue. Anyway, while I love a caliber war as much as the next guy, "well placed rounds" may not mean what he thinks it means. I just had a lovely chat with a fellow with a through-and-through in the chest with a .357. He had a bad day, but he'll be just fine (medically speaking). Is that well placed?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    If every person shot with a .45 you see is dead, because live people don't go to the morgue, that's not really a useful tidbit of information.

Curious how he saw the survivors at the morgue. Anyway, while I love a caliber war as much as the next guy, "well placed rounds" may not mean what he thinks it means. I just had a lovely chat with a fellow with a through-and-through in the chest with a .357. He had a bad day, but he'll be just fine (medically speaking). Is that well placed?
    Obviously not! It doesn't appear that it hit his heart or did much damage to the lungs. Must have missed his spine too if he'll be "Just fine."

Last edited by a moderator:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

He did touch on the fact that he had 7 years in law enforcement before morgue duties. That's where the survivor talk may have come from. Not sure.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Suspect Can't Cover it All; Customer with CCW Shoots Him

In the U.S. military, snipers usually work in teams of two. One is the shooter, the other is a combination spotter and security. One person simply cannot cover 360 degree security very well.

Workman's last paragraph reads like a primmer for perps.

c2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.

Read more: Suspect Can't Cover it All; Customer with CCW Shoots Him
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I see another great business opportunity here! A lot of people put tours together to go to gambling meccas in different states. How about a "Hoodie Boy" tour to Illinois? Two days and three nights of mayhem for one low package price. Stops at rest areas, bus stations and commuter train platforms where even licensed carriers cant have a weapon. Zero chance of getting shot by an intended victim. Hurry and sign up now.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Suspect Can't Cover it All; Customer with CCW Shoots Him

In the U.S. military, snipers usually work in teams of two. One is the shooter, the other is a combination spotter and security. One person simply cannot cover 360 degree security very well.

Workman's last paragraph reads like a primmer for perps.

c2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.

Read more: Suspect Can't Cover it All; Customer with CCW Shoots Him
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Don't go giving them ideas now!

Top Bottom