• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Love/hate relationship. She pulls in women, gets them involved where they might otherwise not.

Monica Wehby will be a test for GOP purists: she's pro-choice, pro-SSM, pro-immigration reform, but...she can actually win.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Love/hate relationship. She pulls in women, gets them involved where they might otherwise not.

Monica Wehby will be a test for GOP purists: she's pro-choice, pro-SSM, pro-immigration reform, but...she can actually win.

Why would a liberal be a test for the GOP? And "win" what exactly, the opportunity to pass a lot of anti-conservative measures? No thanks.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why would a liberal be a test for the GOP? And "win" what exactly, the opportunity to pass a lot of anti-conservative measures? No thanks.

Where you stand on these issues is why you may call her a liberal, but she's running GOP. Perhaps she's for less gov, less spending, pro gun? Things like SSM are modern issues. It's likely she's a non-religion based Conservative. She's vehemently opposed to O-care (as a reputable pediatric surgeon, no less.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

What the advertise and what they actually do is often 2 completely different things.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Most of the time I read every page, but sometimes I enjoy reading the title and then going right to the last page. It's a lot like the phone game. Started out with torture, now we're at picking presidential candidates....hmmmm.....pretty similar.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most of the time I read every page, but sometimes I enjoy reading the title and then going right to the last page. It's a lot like the phone game. Started out with torture, now we're at picking presidential candidates....hmmmm.....pretty similar.....

Yeah....wondered off a bit but if you do go back and read it will be an interesting one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Where you stand on these issues is why you may call her a liberal, but she's running GOP. Perhaps she's for less gov, less spending, pro gun? Things like SSM are modern issues. It's likely she's a non-religion based Conservative. She's vehemently opposed to O-care (as a reputable pediatric surgeon, no less.)

I really have no issues with party lines as long as the candidate stands firm on advertised beliefs.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Bloomberg ran as a GOP. It proves what's wrong with the national machine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Right. If it looks like a RINO, and smells like a RINO...

Just have to vet them hard. And if they go back on their promises, pull a Colorado and recall their asses.

The media used to be our tool to hold their feet to the public fire. We no longer (as conservatives) have that tool.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's amazing to me how many "stupid" people are allowed to be elected to statewide and national offices. These people generally aren't "stupid". Biden is not "stupid", he just acts like an idiot.

palin has been out there fundraising for people and supporting tea party candidates against the republican incumbent. Your statement about her only wanting to be a celebrity is ridiculous.

Biden is an idiot too. We really are electing stupid people. "Stupid," insofar as they simply don't "get it." What I wouldn't give for an elected official that actually talked like a "real" person and was more concerned about the welfare of the nation, than their party maintaining power or their personal fame.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Biden is an idiot too. We really are electing stupid people. "Stupid," insofar as they simply don't "get it." What I wouldn't give for an elected official that actually talked like a "real" person and was more concerned about the welfare of the nation, than their party maintaining power or their personal fame.

Sadly, not going to happen. The Machine puts them up and pulls the strings. With out the machine they can not get the funds to run.

I have the same wish.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The speech was written to get this attention. The comment she used was likely discussed among multiple people; worded and chosen carefully; practiced beforehand.

Everyone and their mother knew that 'baptism' line would become a sound bite. Palin is intending to brand herself as a hardened supporter of the War on Terror. Ugh...because we need more of that.

The part that sucks is that her comments paint gun owners and Christians in an unflattering light. The stereotypes shall live on.

This is how I saw it. She's playing a part in a political soap opera. Youbecha. Her sound bites are mesmerizing to social conservatives. That's what they're designed to be.

The "Machine" can not have a strong minded female 2A supporter at the head of the pack. They prefer community organizers that are no different than magicians....mis-direction while someone is picking your pocket and taking your freedoms.
    Laugh all you want folks.......we are in trouble here.

If we're going to have a strong minded female 2A supporter at the head of the pack, I'd rather have a sincere one. In contrast with Palin, I think a woman like Emily Miller strikes me as strong, down to earth, sincere, intellectually honest, competent, literate, informed, and an excellent debater. And she does it without the hate stirring sound bites.

Emily Miller's involvement in gun rights makes itself relevant because of the impact she has on people who didn't care before. Ardent opponents of gun rights will not change their minds in the face of the most logical, rational arguments. But there aren't really that many of those people, compared to the masses who don't really think much about it. People amenable to reason respond positively to rational arguments. With Palin, not so much.

I don't hate Palin. But I don't think she benefits the cause. All she does is rile up conservatives and gives liberals fodder to marginalize her in the minds of the masses. Palin's sound bites may woo and generate high-fives among people who hate liberals, but they don't play well with people we'd like to reach. We'd like to win people who don't have a strong opinion about guns to at least support our right to own and carry them. To reach those people with Sarah Palin's style, you'd have to first turn them into the kinds of people who hate liberals too.

Bottom line, you can't make everyone conservative enough to enjoy the taste of bittersweet.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I get that....still a hell of a lot better than Clinton...voice and butt ugly.......Ugh
    She has been keeping a low profile so I have not seen her speak in quite some time. Quite frankly the only politician (and she really isn't one) I liked listening to was Laura Bush. She seemed like a very nice lady and down to Earth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is how I saw it. She's playing a part in a political soap opera. Youbecha. Her sound bites are mesmerizing to social conservatives. That's what they're designed to be.

If we're going to have a strong minded female 2A supporter at the head of the pack, I'd rather have a sincere one. In contrast with Palin, I think a woman like Emily Miller strikes me as strong, down to earth, sincere, intellectually honest, competent, literate, informed, and an excellent debater. And she does it without the hate stirring sound bites.

Emily Miller's involvement in gun rights makes itself relevant because of the impact she has on people who didn't care before. Ardent opponents of gun rights will not change their minds in the face of the most logical, rational arguments. But there aren't really that many of those people, compared to the masses who don't really think much about it. People amenable to reason respond positively to rational arguments. With Palin, not so much.

I don't hate Palin. But I don't think she benefits the cause. All she does is rile up conservatives and gives liberals fodder to marginalize her in the minds of the masses. Palin's sound bites may woo and generate high-fives among people who hate liberals, but they don't play well with people we'd like to reach. We'd like to win people who don't have a strong opinion about guns to at least support our right to own and carry them. To reach those people with Sarah Palin's style, you'd have to first turn them into the kinds of people who hate liberals too.

Bottom line, you can't make everyone conservative enough to enjoy the taste of bittersweet.

OK....but would she run.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I think they do get it and are doing everything they can to implement what they want.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Palin won't run. She's smart enough to know she can't win, and wouldn't want to pollute our candidate pool. She's conservative, and she wants conservatives to win. I don't think she's selfish enough to throw herself at the wall and see if she sticks.

Top Bottom