• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh...kutnupe has his view.

His faith in murderous thugs is greater than mine, however.

What murderous thugs? I just don't like fake people, and Palin is a fake as they come. Between all the people that support Obama with unwavering devotion, and those that don't think Palin is anything more than a good-looking idiot with a very basic grasp of ANYTHING political, I'm convinced that we are becoming a nation of simpletons.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What murderous thugs? I just don't like fake people, and Palin is a fake as they come. Between all the people that support Obama with unwavering devotion, and those that don't think Palin is anything more than a good-looking idiot with a very basic grasp of ANYTHING political, I'm convinced that we are becoming a nation of simpletons.

A nation of simpletons? Perhaps. I would still like to know how others who are no better (and in my reckoning significantly worse) get a free pass, and in one case a Nobel prize while she gets excoriated even by those who ostensibly agree with her political positions for the most part.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A nation of simpletons? Perhaps. I would still like to know how others who are no better (and in my reckoning significantly worse) get a free pass, and in one case a Nobel prize while she gets excoriated even by those who ostensibly agree with her political positions for the most part.

Well, we don't tend to handout free passes around here. I have plenty of ire to go around concerning both "real" and "fake" politicians. And the Nobel Prizes aren't something that's voted on primarily by Americans. Let me put it this way about Palin. You, I have every confidence, could get up on stage and do exactly what Palin does, if not more so. So what makes this Alaska abandoning, all magazine readin', turkey killed in the background, daughter's boyfriend bullying, Russia neighborin', useless bridge buildin', TONS of money makin', out of wedlock grandkid havin', multiple college attendin', book writin', pretendin' to be office runnin', pro-waterboardin', beauty queen pariah so special?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, we don't tend to handout free passes around here. I have plenty of ire to go around concerning both "real" and "fake" politicians. And the Nobel Prizes aren't something that's voted on primarily by Americans. Let me put it this way about Palin. You, I have every confidence, could get up on stage and do exactly what Palin does, if not more so. So what makes this Alaska abandoning, all magazine readin', turkey killed in the background, daughter's boyfriend bullying, Russia neighborin', useless bridge buildin', TONS of money makin', out of wedlock grandkid havin', multiple college attendin', book writin', pretendin' to be office runnin', pro-waterboardin', beauty queen pariah so special?

Taking the highlighted material as your core question, I am left asking the same thing. What makes her so special? What makes it necessary for the same people ranging from the next-door neighbor to the national talking heads to hate and excoriate her for the same things they accept without criticism or question from most everyone else on the national stage?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Taking the highlighted material as your core question, I am left asking the same thing. What makes her so special? What makes it necessary for the same people ranging from the next-door neighbor to the national talking heads to hate and excoriate her for the same things they accept without criticism or question from most everyone else on the national stage?

For me, it's simple. She's stupid.... or plays that part to get people dumber than her to line her pockets. Other politicians have their own political agendas which concerns them. Palin IMO is only worried about being a celebrity.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The speech was written to get this attention. The comment she used was likely discussed among multiple people; worded and chosen carefully; practiced beforehand.

Everyone and their mother knew that 'baptism' line would become a sound bite. Palin is intending to brand herself as a hardened supporter of the War on Terror. Ugh...because we need more of that.

The part that sucks is that her comments paint gun owners and Christians in an unflattering light. The stereotypes shall live on.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That's where you and I differ. I'm not going to be loyal to someone I don't like just because of party affiliation. (And that started, oh, around 2008.).

Party affiliation has nothing to do with it. It's principles and general policy positions. The rest can be sorted out with proper support staff. My annoyance is people are thrown aside because they say something that others claim is "dumb", despite that person lining up with your beliefs better than anyone else.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    For me, it's simple. She's stupid.... or plays that part to get people dumber than her to line her pockets. Other politicians have their own political agendas which concerns them. Palin IMO is only worried about being a celebrity.

It's amazing to me how many "stupid" people are allowed to be elected to statewide and national offices. These people generally aren't "stupid". Biden is not "stupid", he just acts like an idiot.

palin has been out there fundraising for people and supporting tea party candidates against the republican incumbent. Your statement about her only wanting to be a celebrity is ridiculous.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly. At worst, her 'Quayle' factor is no higher than the current average, and that seems to be fostered by deliberately snipping things out of context (in addition to the fact that half of the voting public couldn't keep straight what she actually said and what Tina Fey said while imitating her). The virulence which seems exclusively reserved for her is amazing, especially when considering that she is one of a very few national political figures not named Paul who support the Second Amendment without wavering.

The "Machine" can not have a strong minded female 2A supporter at the head of the pack. They prefer community organizers that are no different than magicians....mis-direction while someone is picking your pocket and taking your freedoms.
    Laugh all you want folks.......we are in trouble here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And Repubs (substitute Christians, Libs, Teabaggers, the group of your choice here) do not?

Not to the extent of the Dems.

Teabaggers....see what I mean. Just an example of media labeling. The media is in bed with the Dems. Not a knock just a point.

Politicians are not to be trusted as a group. I am not happy with the "Machine" as it is but how do we change it. Seriously.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not to the extent of the Dems.

Teabaggers....see what I mean. Just an example of media labeling. The media is in bed with the Dems. Not a knock just a point.

Politicians are not to be trusted as a group. I am not happy with the "Machine" as it is but how do we change it. Seriously.

Vote in more of the Teabaggers

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    One reason that I think Palin get's so much support, and so much criticism is that she's like a back-up quarterback in the NFL. She's been good in practice, and always a popular interview, but she's never been in the big game where you have to actually show the fans what you're capable of doing, or not.

That same dynamic put Obama in the White House, and it turns out , once he did get in the game, contrary to the media reports, he failed to impress.

Top Bottom