• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Most of the time I read every page, but sometimes I enjoy reading the title and then going right to the last page. It's a lot like the phone game. Started out with torture, now we're at picking presidential candidates....hmmmm.....pretty similar.....

Come back later and it'll be a lively discussion about carry caliber.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK....but would she run.

I meant to convey the type of person I'd rather see leading. Emily Miller was just an example of a person with the attributes that make up the type of person I think would be a great female leader. She seems to be more interested in journalism career than a political one. She also seems more interested in the cause than in being relevant.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I meant to convey the type of person I'd rather see leading. Emily Miller was just an example of a person with the attributes that make up the type of person I think would be a great female leader. She seems to be more interested in journalism career than a political one. She also seems more interested in the cause than in being relevant.

There are many out there that would do the real job by and for the people than "They" allow us to vote for. The "Machine" is in control.
    I admit to being un-aware of Emily Miller until you mentioned her. I am looking her up.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ironically, as stupid as so many people want you to believe she is, Sarah Palin was by far the most qualified of the four major party candidates in the 2008 election. More a comment on the lack of qualifications among the others, though. A governor tends to be a lot better than a senator in the executive branch, and the other three were a RINO and two of the most leftward, all senators.

I want an Eagle Scout that's been a military officer and a successful CEO. Call somebody like that a moron.

What exactly is "immigration reform" these days, still a euphemism for letting the illegal aliens get away with it and infest our economy? The only reform I support is closing the border tight, deporting every one we can catch, and making the rest miserable enough to self deport. And no anchor babies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What I wouldn't give for an elected official that actually talked like a "real" person and was more concerned about the welfare of the nation, than their party maintaining power or their personal fame.

I think they live on the same planet where unobtanium is mined.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Palin won't run. She's smart enough to know she can't win, and wouldn't want to pollute our candidate pool. She's conservative, and she wants conservatives to win. I don't think she's selfish enough to throw herself at the wall and see if she sticks.

I don't either. I think when she resigned as governor, she knew her role would be to help others get elected. I like her. Yeah, she she'll sometimes tell you how to make a clock when you've simply asked her the time. But heck, I'm not the best public speaker myself. But I generally believe her positions pretty well line up with mine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ironically, as stupid as so many people want you to believe she is, Sarah Palin was by far the most qualified of the four major party candidates in the 2008 election. More a comment on the lack of qualifications among the others, though. A governor tends to be a lot better than a senator in the executive branch, and the other three were a RINO and two of the most leftward, all senators.

I want an Eagle Scout that's been a military officer and a successful CEO. Call somebody like that a moron.

What exactly is "immigration reform" these days, still a euphemism for letting the illegal aliens get away with it and infest our economy? The only reform I support is closing the border tight, deporting every one we can catch, and making the rest miserable enough to self deport. And no anchor babies.

Unfortunatly both party's see them as a powerful voting block and are working at building this up instead of eliminating it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't either. I think when she resigned as governor, she knew her role would be to help others get elected. I like her. Yeah, she she'll sometimes tell you how to make a clock when you've simply asked her the time. But heck, I'm not the best public speaker myself. But I generally believe her positions pretty well line up with mine.

I usually agree with you on various things, but I think this is inaccurate. Seems more like, if you asked her for the time, she'd tell you why time runs smoother when conservatives are in charge. And maybe she's right. But that's not what you asked.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Palin was the best qualified? Oh geez. She didn't even serve ONE full term as governor. She has a history of leaving people "holding the bag," which is a quality I'd rather not see in a chief executive.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Palin was the best qualified? Oh geez. She didn't even serve ONE full term as governor. She has a history of leaving people "holding the bag," which is a quality I'd rather not see in a chief executive.

Still, he made a viable argument. Of the other three, one was a professional agitator, and all three had political careers which amounted to being committee members who never actually had to carry out the things they determined needed done. She had the most applicable experience and from what I could tell did a pretty good job for the time she was in Alaska. I can also understand why she would resign when she faced legal challenges against most everything she did post-2008 election other than eat breakfast.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

There is a reason she left that office (Governership) and the reason speaks volumes of her character....

I understand the disdain...I really do...For over a year we were told every night by actors, actresses, pop stars, comics, talking heads, journalists, etc..."How stupid, Slutty, dumb, Trashy, etc....." this woman was and I can see how people began believing it.....We were told this by our handlers in NYC and LA and many good sheep in Middle America bought into it....Enough time has passed to show that she would have been a very qualified leader and there is no doubt in my mind that she would have made a much better VP than Joe Biden...

IMHO ofcourse.....

Sara Palin brilliantly showed us folks in Middle America that attended small State Colleges and have a regional accent that there is NO WAY ANY OF US WILL EVER BE IN THE WHITE HOUSE.....The media clowns put that upstart woman, who thought she was just as good as an Ivy League candidate, in her place and those of us that promoted that elitist ideaology should be ashamed of ourselves....

Camille Paglia, hardly a "right Winger", wrote one of the best essays I ever read on this and did a great job..She writes for "Salon", is a Lesbian, feminst and self professed liberal....If she was able to see what they were doing to her then I would hope left leaning gun owners from the Heartland could AT LEAST acknowledge that there was a systematic tearing down of a smart, successful, woman whose only mistake was not being "one of them" and not "attending the right schools..."

"People who can’t see how smart Palin is are trapped in their own narrow parochialism — the tedious, hackneyed forms of their upper-middle-class syntax and vocabulary." Camille Paglia, Salon Magazin 2008

That's just a quote but it is a well done article...Fortunately her leftist bona fides (Female, Lesbian. lives in NYC, Democrat, etc...) kept her from losing her career but she was snarked at (the way folks who like Palin on INGO are) but still was able to keep her job at Salon and most of her friends....

She never backed down from her "support" (although she voted Democrat) of Sarah Palin...

Camille is what folks like me call an "Intellectually Honest Liberal"...I.E. She will call out the jealous, Middle America hating, Manhatten hacks for what they are....Kind of like Palin in a way....If you google it the Liberals dismissivly refer to this act of honesty as "Camillie's Girl Crush".....(Get it? Because Camille's a Lesbian you see? Therefore the only reason she liked Palin was to get in her britches..Snicker..Snicker..Yuck..Yuck...Snicker...Snicker....Giggle...Giggle.....:rolleyes:)

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Still, he made a viable argument. Of the other three, one was a professional agitator, and all three had political careers which amounted to being committee members who never actually had to carry out the things they determined needed done. She had the most applicable experience and from what I could tell did a pretty good job for the time she was in Alaska. I can also understand why she would resign when she faced legal challenges against most everything she did post-2008 election other than eat breakfast.

If we are talking strictly qualifications, McCain and Biden had the most. Palin was governor of Alaska (not sure how hard that possibly could be) for almost a term, Obama a newer junior senator (clearly not enough for presidency).

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Demonstrating the boundless nature of their idiocy, many who criticized Palin for her "lack of experience" promptly lined up to vote for Barry.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Demonstrating the boundless nature of their idiocy, many who criticized Palin for her "lack of experience" promptly lined up to vote for Barry.

It seems in recent election cycles, experience has become less and less relevant. I'd rather vote for someone with no political experience who knows their constitution than someone with decades of experience who couldn't tell you what separation of powers means.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems in recent election cycles, experience has become less and less relevant. I'd rather vote for someone with no political experience who knows their constitution than someone with decades of experience who couldn't tell you what separation of powers means.

We shouldn't have to settle. Our electoral process effectively prohibits real people from running. It effectively ensures an oligarchy. There are people who know the constitution and who are skilled managers, real leaders. But why would such a successful kind of person wish to pick either R or a D as political backers, and then have the opposite side do all they can to ruin his or her reputation. Or have people within the same party do all they can to ruin his or her reputation.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We shouldn't have to settle. Our electoral process effectively prohibits real people from running. It effectively ensures an oligarchy. There are people who know the constitution and who are skilled managers, real leaders. But why would such a successful kind of person wish to pick either R or a D as political backers, and then have the opposite side do all they can to ruin his or her reputation. Or have people within the same party do all they can to ruin his or her reputation.

This is brilliant.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I usually agree with you on various things, but I think this is inaccurate. Seems more like, if you asked her for the time, she'd tell you why time runs smoother when conservatives are in charge. And maybe she's right. But that's not what you asked.

Yeah, I guess but don't we all? I mean we all believe "our guy" can make the trains run on time and under budget. I've watched her speak and sometimes she has a hard time getting to the point and then stopping.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Time in office occupied does not equate with experience pertinent to the office sought. She was chief executive of an entire state, McCain and Biden are/were senate hacks. Barky is just a schmuck. She quit as governor for a difficult but honorable reason; the attack dogs would not let up, and continued to waste state resources with their frivolous complaints. Rather than allow the state's resources to be wasted, she stepped aside. Seems like the good of her constituents was more important to her than her personal power. This is bad? Check your premises.

Top Bottom