• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    While I, personally, may take EXTREME pleasure in doing it myself if given the opportunity, I know that such techniques, for The United States of America, is completely unacceptable. We have traditionally take the mora high road against our enemies. It's a part of American exceptionalsim. When we defeated the Germany and Japan, it was with moral authority that we tried them for their crime. If we lower ourselves to their standards, we have no such moral protection should we triumph.

That's right.

Besides, water boarding is so passé.

Now we ignore the sovereignty of other states, kill US citizens and their minor children, and kill those who happen to be standing near others deemed to be terrorists or deemed to be suspected of being terrorists with drones.

Water boarding is torture. We don't do torture. We take the high moral ground!

BTW, how many children of our republic did we abort today?

(As a footnote- WWII was indeed a good cause..and one executed within the boundaries of the Constitution...and arguably the last one in which the uS was victorious. We would do well to ensure our government minds the high road.)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's right.

Besides, water boarding is so passé.

Now we ignore the sovereignty of other states, kill US citizens and their minor children, and kill those who happen to be standing near others deemed to be terrorists or deemed to be suspected of being terrorists with drones.

Water boarding is torture. We don't do torture. We take the high moral ground!

BTW, how many children of our republic did we abort today?

(As a footnote- WWII was indeed a good cause..and one executed within the boundaries of the Constitution...and arguably the last one in which we were victorious. We would do well to mind the high road.)

WWII was mainly ran by the generals. They did most of the planning and execution. When you let the politicians get involved you are setting things up to fail.....always.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So then what? We dehumanize them and allow ourselves to believe we can do whatever we want with them because of their behavior. We then perceive an entire population as subhuman. How many times on these boards to we see people post "level the entire region" in regards to the Middle East? Straying from our fundamental beliefs is a dark road that we should never travel but find ourselves on anyway. Be careful of what you wish because you might just get it...in spades.

Denny, we "dehumanize" people to make it easier to kill them, when necessary. It is a universal truth. For instance, are the tactical targets with which you train all pictures of real-life criminals? Or do you use blank cardboard cutouts to simulate a human figure. I think you know the answer and one of the reasons is that it is difficult for most of us to knowingly take a human life. Use of a combination of vaguely human and human targets is a way to condition soldiers or police to be able to squeeze that trigger when the moment comes that it must be done.

And if we don't dehumanize our enemies in that particular way, we dehumanize them by perjoratives: "Jap" "Kraut" "Nazi" "Commie" "Red" "Greaser" "Eyetie" "Raghead" "Rif" "Charlie (Cong)" etc.

We have a choice of using "dehumanizing" tactics in certain circumstances which enable us to triumph over a determined enemy, or we can surrender ourselves. Either way, in a protracted conflict, past experiences indicate we're going to end up more like our enemy than we would like to be. Our choice is whether or not we will be the victors or the vanquished.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    WWII was mainly ran by the generals. They did most of the planning and execution. When you let the politicians get involved you are setting things up to fail.....always.

Absolutely.

Best be clear of what is being fought for and whom is rendering the blood.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Yeah but I like nutty.....:)

Aww com'on !!! She IS after all a Great Dancer!!!

351_32197188314_6079_n.jpg

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Our founders believed them to be basic human rights. You do realize that the VAST VAST majority of those we have used "enhanced interrogation" on never tried blowing anything up. Possibly they were actively firing on our troops but is that all that is required to torture them? Some were not even in active combat. It's madness.

You DO realize that "enemy combatants" who don't follow the agreed upon laws of Armed Conflict promulgated and approved by most of the major world powers have absolutely NO rights? They can be shot out of hand on the battlefield. WE DON'T DO THAT - but they don't have any legal rights to good treatment. WE have regulations and directives concerning how they will be treated, but we aren't bound by any morality other than our own to NOT mistreat them due to the way in which they conduct their operations.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Military trial since he is a militant. The fact that he was "tortured" is irrelevant. In reality, I'd like to give him the same trial he gave Dan Pearl.

I am for that as well.

Third that.

While I frankly think that the whole "waterboarding" controversy is a bunch of butt-wind over an anthill (after all, we expose our own SOCOM troops to waterboarding during survival "resistance" training as a TASTE of what will likely happen to them if captured), when it comes to advocating this type of execution, although I understand the emotions involved I have to wonder if any of you would truly be able to saw off someone's head with a knife and NOT be adversely affected by it. I know I couldn't do it. Better a bullet to the brainpan, IMO.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    “When we say ‘we don’t know what we’d do under the same circumstances,’ we make cowardice the default position.” Kathy Shaidle

Except when we really _don't_ know what we'd do under the same circumstances. Then it's just being honest with ourselves instead of some sort of moral condemnation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It interesting thing about Palin's comment, is that it's actually spot on. If one understands the definition of what a "baptism" is, the if they weren't terrorists before, afterwards, they probably will be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While I frankly think that the whole "waterboarding" controversy is a bunch of butt-wind over an anthill (after all, we expose our own SOCOM troops to waterboarding during survival "resistance" training as a TASTE of what will likely happen to them if captured), when it comes to advocating this type of execution, although I understand the emotions involved I have to wonder if any of you would truly be able to saw off someone's head with a knife and NOT be adversely affected by it. I know I couldn't do it. Better a bullet to the brainpan, IMO.

I like that and will use it on occasion if I am not infringing on any copy writing laws:):.......Butt-wind over an ant hill.....perfect.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Denny, we "dehumanize" people to make it easier to kill them, when necessary. It is a universal truth. For instance, are the tactical targets with which you train all pictures of real-life criminals? Or do you use blank cardboard cutouts to simulate a human figure. I think you know the answer and one of the reasons is that it is difficult for most of us to knowingly take a human life. Use of a combination of vaguely human and human targets is a way to condition soldiers or police to be able to squeeze that trigger when the moment comes that it must be done.

And if we don't dehumanize our enemies in that particular way, we dehumanize them by perjoratives: "Jap" "Kraut" "Nazi" "Commie" "Red" "Greaser" "Eyetie" "Raghead" "Rif" "Charlie (Cong)" etc.

We have a choice of using "dehumanizing" tactics in certain circumstances which enable us to triumph over a determined enemy, or we can surrender ourselves. Either way, in a protracted conflict, past experiences indicate we're going to end up more like our enemy than we would like to be. Our choice is whether or not we will be the victors or the vanquished.
    I know all about that. Even in my non-combat career as a LEO, we tend to dehumanize. You get your hands dirty enough in the worst neighborhoods and you stop seeing them as people. There is a time and place for it but we must be vigilant as this mindset, left unchecked, leads to a very dark place. That is how seemingly "normal" people are able to do monstrous things.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Palin has more cahonies than any liberal and most republicans! she should be president, she would protect this country with everything she has. love her

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Borrowing a great point (made by Pintcraft) from another thread: How does INGO, or at least those "outraged in this thread" care more about a silly comment, likely made thru emotion, than the obvious coverup over the Bhengazi incident.

If I was judged by things said more out of emotion than wisdom, I'd be in big trouble, guessing most of you would be as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Borrowing a great point (made by Pintcraft) from another thread: How does INGO, or at least those "outraged in this thread" care more about a silly comment, likely made thru emotion, than the obvious coverup over the Bhengazi incident.

If I was judged by things said more out of emotion than wisdom, I'd be in big trouble, guessing most of you would be as well.

The :sheep: have been told she is bad so they are most easily offended by any statement she makes that is sensitive.
    To much :koolaid:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No Koolaid needed CM. Some of us have actually paid attention to her royal highness, caribou Barbie. This is just the latest stupid thing she's said, among many. She should be held as an embarrassment by republicans, instead of looked at like one of your political rockstars.

Top Bottom