Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have another shelving project planned.

I have bought these six foot tall storage shelves I use in my garage/cave. They are quite modular and easy to halve or double.

I have halved some and added to the top of all the ones I have installed to extend the tippy top to nine feet high. Leaving me about a foot and a half above, before the ceiling.

In doing this, I have also removed two walls worth of wire shelves, which were installed with plastic wall anchors.

My plan is to take the wire shelves up top, attic, and using actual metal wire supports, cut them to size, install them between studs up top for organizing things like decorations Wife and Daughter like to play with.

One side is theirs, other side is full of my stuff.
    I believe if installed with hard man forethought, they will work fine.
    Best part of this idea; no laddering!
    I mean, except for getting my tools up there again.

I knew there would be some weight up there, so one of the first things I did when we moved in was to go up with a half bucket of 12in construction screws I had on hand from another project and reinforce all the joints of the trusses where those silly flat plates were nailed in.
    I had one arm in a cast, but running big screws in is something I've done a lot of in the past, while doing some cool installs of sound gear.

I don't know if it helped, but I feel better knowing all that weight is not depending upon stamped steel, nailed in plates, one per joint.

Anyway, more shelves!

Last edited:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    That's a great outcome, Lpherr!

Hope the compressor issue was manageable as well.
    I sometimes worry about the many complicated systems on my wife's Chrysler.
    I could've done the compressor myself, if I had the scan tool. But, with the warranty, they will be fixing the stuff.
    I just won't be using this dealer any longer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I find it odd that an uncooked chicken is so much more expensive than one of those rotisserie birds most stores offer daily.

Last time I found them on sale I stocked up, too.

I prefer the hind quarters, thigh and leg, but Wife and Daughter prefer white meat, so I watch for breasts, as well.
    I watch for breasts all the time! :naughty:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw something I could've done without seeing on the way to work this morning. I was driving up Shadeland just south of 38th St., where there are a few crack motels. Up ahead I could see a guy walking and he looked like he might've had a fanny pack riding low on his waist in back. When I got closer I realized it wasn't a fanny pack. I think he had pooped his pants - severely and with diarrhea! :puke:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I saw something I could've done without seeing on the way to work this morning. I was driving up Shadeland just south of 38th St., where there are a few crack motels. Up ahead I could see a guy walking and he looked like he might've had a fanny pack riding low on his waist in back. When I got closer I realized it wasn't a fanny pack. I think he had pooped his pants - severely and with diarrhea! :puke:
    That's a LOT of poop.:runaway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I emailed someone from OPM about the MyPay thing. She said that they had recently become aware of it and that they had contacted the Office of General Counsel and they were told there's nothing we could do about Chime using that name. :dunno:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I emailed someone from OPM about the MyPay thing. She said that they had recently become aware of it and that they had contacted the Office of General Counsel and they were told there's nothing we could do about Chime using that name. :dunno:
    Kind of what I had figured.

There's the other issue of whether or not an intellectual property is to be employed for internal or external use.

What I was mainly saying is that this "copyright" law mess can be complicated.

See, Metallica, Joe Satriani, Coldplay, Experience Hendrix family estate, Ricky Skaggs, Hank Jr, Ramones, Stevie Ray Vaughn estate, Ray Charles estate, etc, etc.
    :dunno:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom