Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That's kind of been the reason we've just been getting take out from a diner or normal restaurant. Same price as "fast food" so we just do to-go from other places when we don't feel like cooking

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I bought one of those Round Up 1.33 gal "Ready To Spray" diddies in a pump up container.

Yes! I've read all the directions, checked everything about it, even took the nozzle apart to inspect for a clog.

The flipping thing will not build pressure! That is the main issue.
    I've pumped it more than most would have and looked at everything and no spray.

Maybe my expectations are too high. I am used to buying sprayers that can spray.

Anyway, I emailed Amazon this morning, about 10AM. Told them I was dissatisfied and I am returning it.

In about twenty minutes Amazon responded, telling me, "DO NOT RETURN IT" but rather to just take the container to my local hazmat recycler and they would send me out a new one to replace the defective one.

The new one ARRIVED JUST NOW!!!!

Seriously, two and a half hours since I was hissy with them, I am replenished. Brand new one just arrived!

I'm having a WOW moment.

Our little recycle facility is horrid, right now, due to construction of the entire grounds and roads near there. The old building is gone!
    I won't bother with that for now.

I have two old cannister sprayers I have not used in a while. One is hand labeled "Poison Only" which I think meant twenty years ago that it was for the yard and I should not use it for the food garden.

That one seems in better shape, so I plan to use my pocket knife and pour both modern (useless) containers into my old trusty sprayer, (check it out some with water, first) and have two for the price of one.

I think that makes me a criminal, guilty of fraud. I don't know.

The Jesus I do know, would applaud me for not sending my problems to someone else to deal with, when solving them for myself seems right. I don't know.

My engenuity has created a moral dilemma.
    At this point, I appreciate Amazon business practices and hope for continued Grace allowed for my many sins.

I'm going to put both containers into the old sprayer, after confirming it still works, and just go forward.
    WOW!

Sorry that got so wordy, but there are concerns here and some admiration for a company I hate to love, but keep finding ways to do both.

Last edited:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    The truck is fixed...for now.
    And got a new key fob. The service guy tried to tell me that the warranty doesn't cover a lost fob. I kindly told him that the Mrs. will email a copy of our contract. He came back in 5 mins and said he called, and Jeep told him it's covered.

The guy was being a douche the whole interaction with him. Everything he said, came back and bit him because he was wrong. Maybe a change in attitude would improve his life.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Since we can't get a quality pizza in this crap town, we've been branching out.
    Found a place in Granger with decent prices and attractive specials.
    We called and ordered the Tuesday special, and to our delight, they are pretty darn good.
    Way too much food, so a reheat later, or tomorrow. But, we will return to test for a fluke occurance.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know everyone likes different types and styles of pizzas. I like Volcanos down on Mishawaka Rd by the Concord Mall.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    The truck is fixed...for now.
    And got a new key fob. The service guy tried to tell me that the warranty doesn't cover a lost fob. I kindly told him that the Mrs. will email a copy of our contract. He came back in 5 mins and said he called, and Jeep told him it's covered.

The guy was being a douche the whole interaction with him. Everything he said, came back and bit him because he was wrong. Maybe a change in attitude would improve his life.
    That's a great outcome, Lpherr!

Hope the compressor issue was manageable as well.
    I sometimes worry about the many complicated systems on my wife's Chrysler.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Yeah, nothing is cheap any more. That is why I have been eating chicken salad so much lately. I bought a bunch of raw chicken when it was on sale.
    I find it odd that an uncooked chicken is so much more expensive than one of those rotisserie birds most stores offer daily.

Last time I found them on sale I stocked up, too.

I prefer the hind quarters, thigh and leg, but Wife and Daughter prefer white meat, so I watch for breasts, as well.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom