Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    need to call the surgeon this morning, the doc took a chunk of my ear the week before and now wants them to take some more
    Good luck with that, hope it isn’t melanoma. Guess you didn’t actually say skin cancer or dermatologist but we assume such.

I have had several basil cell types removed from face. 2 ear surgeries, not melanoma or basil cell but forget the name. One required stitches. One was inside outer ear. No stitches but took forever to heal, still have a ‘hole’ where removed. Light skin, severe sunburns as a kid, 50 years of outside in the sun farming stuff, no sun screen use = various skin cancers in old age. It is a proven formula !

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Breeeze out of the north from my perspective. Fairly constant. Chill still, past 9:30AM.

Makes me wonder where all this expected heat is coming from.
    The Gulf can do that, though. Just seems early to have the Gulf warm enough to do that much.
    Yesterday I heard them say gulf water is extremely warm, especially for this early. That has led to the tropical storm, hurricane season forecast.

Our heat is coming from the existing dome in SW, W and blocking ridge setting up as it slides in.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Had a look, too, Hardscrable. I think you have it nailed up straight.

I don't look forward to 90s before summer even arrives.

Did I miss a bug I should have eaten?
    :):

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    On a positive note, all this spraying I've been doing to weedy things, this spray will work much better in the heat than the cool.

Thistles are a pain this year.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On a positive note, all this spraying I've been doing to weedy things, this spray will work much better in the heat than the cool.

Thistles are a pain this year.
    I still have thistles but I've definitely made a dent with spraying this year. I will need to make it a point to do more once the heat arrives. It is definitely more effective when it's hot.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Tuna's about done. Been wanting blackened tuna for awhile. Susan doesn't like it but she has leftover filet and sweet potato from yesterday.
    Your earlier mention spurred me to thaw a portion of haddock I got last week.

Risotto is yet to start, soon though. Wife is making her mushroom onion version.

Pulling some Brussell's sprouts out of the freezer to go with it all.
    Fish is already baking.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ha! She admitted that she'd never tried blackened tuna before and I got her to try a little bite. She liked it! I'd been telling her it tastes more like steak or a pork chop than fish but she didn't believe me. :):

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Ha! She admitted that she'd never tried blackened tuna before and I got her to try a little bite. She liked it! I'd been telling her it tastes more like steak or a pork chop than fish but she didn't believe me. :):
    Nice.
    Get her on some shark some day.
    I'm not a surfer, so no karma to deal with.

Hard to find here, but our local monger has some sometimes. Worth it!

I flame grille mine. She might like that, too.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've never tried shark before. Sounds interesting!
    We used to catch them all the time fishing the Gulf. We were going for sea bass, usually. Pompano or redfish sometimes.
    Depends on how the sand bars had changed.
    Now I pay a premium.

Sharks were kind of like when you're fishing for gar and keep getting bait stealing catfish. Catfish are fabulous, but annoying when you're trying to rope a gar to drag to shore.

3ft shark in the boat needs to get dead right away. Cut the head off and use it for bait.
    Don't leave it by!

Last edited:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Spent a lot of time this week sorting two buckets of spent brass I've gathered.
    Got it sorted to caliber.

None has been tumbled. Tumbler has been going steady for almost three weeks.

Sounds like a winter job, but we were so glad to have Wife back home after her troubles last fall, when we almost lost her.
    I did nothing out here at all over winter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom