Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    On a positive note, all this spraying I've been doing to weedy things, this spray will work much better in the heat than the cool.

Thistles are a pain this year.
    I still have thistles but I've definitely made a dent with spraying this year. I will need to make it a point to do more once the heat arrives. It is definitely more effective when it's hot.
    As thistles are a perennial not an annual plant, all you are doing is burning off the foliage vs. actually killing the plant unless treated correctly. That means spraying in the fall while the plant is pumping intake to the roots. They need to be allowed to grow adequate foliage prior to treatment. Equivalent of 2 qts./acre 41% glysophate tank mixed with broadleaf killer such as 24-D applied in late October. Do not cut off the plant after application.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As thistles are a perennial not an annual plant, all you are doing is burning off the foliage vs. actually killing the plant unless treated correctly. That means spraying in the fall while the plant is pumping intake to the roots. They need to be allowed to grow adequate foliage prior to treatment. Equivalent of 2 qts./acre 41% glysophate tank mixed with broadleaf killer such as 24-D applied in late October. Do not cut off the plant after application.
    I sprayed early in the spring. Last year they just kept coming back but this year they haven't. I used Ortho Ground Clear that is supposed to (allegedly) kill the root. That's what makes me think I've been more successful this year.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just had to go pick Susan up at Meineke. Her van has been making a noise when she drives it and she thought it might have been in her exhaust system, so she took it for an inspection. Turned out to be her CV axle (?). $994.00, but if she'd have continued driving it it could've messed up her transmission.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been drinking these "ICE" sparkling waters from Kroger now and then. It's pretty good. Only 5 calories, lots of different flavors and the flavors are a little lighter than pop.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom