Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    That's something I've not been able to do. If anyone knows a place that would be great! I've just been to busy to ask around. Plus I never go out to eat so I know zero places that are mom and pop.

I would suggest it be someplace we drive to after, as not to be seen loading rifles into our vehicles and then walking away.
    So who has ideas on where?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It should be someplace fairly reasonably priced, as not everyone in the group is a lobby fund taking politician and have families to take care of. :)
    I vote for a wings place.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I vote Denny's. The food is decent and not to expensive. I've never had a problem carrying in a Denny's restaurant. One time I got half off on my bill because the manager thought I was LE. Even after I told him I wasn't he still took half off.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    It should be someplace fairly reasonably priced, as not everyone in the group is a lobby fund taking politician and have families to take care of. :)
    I vote for a wings place.

A wings place?

I'll just leave my vote here...

Hooters_narrowweb__300x333,0.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Family friendly and preferably a place that's not a franchise. Something so we can put into our community and not a coporate office. That was the thinking with this part. I don't really care where.

Do keep in mind there will be several bring little ones with them. Hooters, while a GREAT place to eat, isn't the most family friendly place... :twocents:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Family friendly and preferably a place that's not a franchise. Something so we can put into our community and not a coporate office. That was the thinking with this part. I don't really care where.

Do keep in mind there will be several bring little ones with them. Hooters, while a GREAT place to eat, isn't the most family friendly place... :twocents:

Did you follow up on the info that I had sent to you earlier about such an establishment ?

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky

Whatchu talkin' bout? My dad took me to Hooters all the time as a kid. And look and me now, a fully functioning productive member of society...:draw:

But i guess i can feel ya on the "franchise" front

How bout the Red eye cafe? They make one mean tenderloin.

Red Eye Cafe

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Okay boys and girls... Here comes the meeting point!!!

Ready?

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Almost....

BLAM!

Indianapolis - Google Maps

That parking lot next to the parking garage just to the south of Maryland (US40). It's an elevated surface parking right next to the Heliport. This is where we will meet.

I'm updating the OP to show the meeting point.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just had a thought, and I'm too lazy to search 55 PAGES of replies.

Has the topic of security for the walk participants vehicles been addressed?

Should we have a contingency of volunteers to sit back and watch the lot?

Forgive me if this has been covered.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There shouldn't be a problem. The parking lot is a pay to park lot and is nose to butt with the Heliport. No need to worry.

I do need someone to drive the van for just in case. The van that will hold water and medical supplies (which I have none of) and take people to their cars if they need to suddenly leave.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    There shouldn't be a problem. The parking lot is a pay to park lot and is nose to butt with the Heliport. No need to worry.

I do need someone to drive the van for just in case. The van that will hold water and medical supplies (which I have none of) and take people to their cars if they need to suddenly leave.

Do you have even a ballpark figure of estimated attendance? How much water, and how many first-aide kits do we need?

I would volunteer to drive the van, but I'm lost in Indy:dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Do you have even a ballpark figure of estimated attendance? How much water, and how many first-aide kits do we need?

I would volunteer to drive the van, but I'm lost in Indy:dunno:

I'm ruffly estimating 30 people. I'm going to encourage all of you to bring one bottle of water. It might not make the cooler, but it'll be there. I don't know about medical supplies though.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Sounds great! Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on this board with a good reputation that can vouch for you? Don't take it personally, it's just that this is a very important role and you have a very low post count.

:patriot:[/quote]

I don't think I no anyone on this site personally

Top Bottom