Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    My custom made leather holsters do what they're supposed to do. Where does a "rule" like this come from, the cops or the organizers?

One word -liability-. Just take it for what it is, use your best judgment.

However if you look like you are gonna pull a Plaxico, Or if its going flippity-flopity all over the place be prepared to be told to leave.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As an aside, and not something I've seen addressed, but you guys might want to make sure that the firearms you bring are ones for which you have a clear proof of ownership. Just in case things go north and something happens. Marion County, as I recall makes it hard to get seized weapons back without clear proof of ownership. While I don't think you guys are at much of a risk, it couldn't hurt to cross your t's.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As an aside, and not something I've seen addressed, but you guys might want to make sure that the firearms you bring are ones for which you have a clear proof of ownership. Just in case things go north and something happens. Marion County, as I recall makes it hard to get seized weapons back without clear proof of ownership. While I don't think you guys are at much of a risk, it couldn't hurt to cross your t's.

I don't see this as a big deal. Not unless someone was to get into a SDS and I highly doubt it. Sure, it's better safe than sorry, but I really don't see this as an issue.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

It's in my possession and there is no stolen gun report on my serial #.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Question? Sorry, didn't bother reading all through to see if it was already addressed.

▲In order to join the walk in the possession of a long gun the owner/carrier must posses and will be required to present a Valid Indiana License to carry a Handgun, Military ID, verification of veterans status, or LEO credentials.
    If I read the above correctly...if my wife would like to walk alongside me and I am the owner of a rifle she wishes to carry, by me possessing a LTCH, then that satisfies the quote above?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Question? Sorry, didn't bother reading all through to see if it was already addressed.

If I read the above correctly...if my wife would like to walk alongside me and I am the owner of a rifle she wishes to carry, by me possessing a LTCH, then that satisfies the quote above?

As long as you take resposibility for her actions, all is good! :D I say this cause I know all is good with you two. Anyone who would stand with us in front of the State House has my upmost respect! :patriot:

Look guys, I know this whole list isn't perfect and is confusing and probably a lot of overkill. I just want to make sure this goes smoothly and no one hits US with a sledgehammer out there. I hope you can all understand.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It's better to be on the safe side of things than to just try and wing-it.
    Ryan, you have really done a great job thus far on organizing this.
    I just wanted to make sure we were legit, so my wife wouldn't have to wait in the car for 3 hours.:):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's better to be on the safe side of things than to just try and wing-it.
    Ryan, you have really done a great job thus far on organizing this.
    I just wanted to make sure we were legit, so my wife wouldn't have to wait in the car for 3 hours.:):

We could always send her to my house and she could help my wife watch my kids! :D

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When do you really want us to arrive? I've seen arrive at 11:00, walk at 12:00 and just a few posts ago, arrive at 12:00 and walk at 1:00.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    When do you really want us to arrive? I've seen arrive at 11:00, walk at 12:00 and just a few posts ago, arrive at 12:00 and walk at 1:00.

I'm so sorry I didn't update that. We are trying to avoid the 12noon news so we will be MEETING at noon and walking no later than 1pm. Please be there by noon and no later that 12:30. Otherwise we may not be able to start by 1pm for donig the safety check and going over the route once we get there. I have it memorized and I'm sure the two others that helped me plan it do as well. The route will only be announced before the actual walk.

Tomorrow the word gets spread to all the media outlets. Glenn Beck and Fox News got theirs yesterday. :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We were supposed to memorize that ? RUUH ROH ! :ugh:

anim_head_slap.gif

:laugh:

It's ok. I have it. I didn't expect you guys to memorize it really. I was just joshin ya! :D Seein if yall were paying attention. :):

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm so sorry I didn't update that. We are trying to avoid the 12noon news so we will be MEETING at noon and walking no later than 1pm. Please be there by noon and no later that 12:30. Otherwise we may not be able to start by 1pm for donig the safety check and going over the route once we get there. I have it memorized and I'm sure the two others that helped me plan it do as well. The route will only be announced before the actual walk.

Tomorrow the word gets spread to all the media outlets. Glenn Beck and Fox News got theirs yesterday. :D

Saturday is a very slow TV news day in Indy. No Noon News and evening coverage is lighter than Mon-Friday. IMO If you want TV coverage someone should make a friendly contact with any pro gun (at least not anti) TV media that we (Indy) have available. Anyone know a pro gun TV Media reporter here in Indy?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Something to play the National Anthem on and a good copy to play would be nice. This will be played at a pre-determined location and will need to be heard for as loud and as far as possible. Since there will be free parking in the area of this, it could be vehicle-mounted. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Saturday is a very slow TV news day in Indy. No Noon News and evening coverage is lighter than Mon-Friday. IMO If you want TV coverage someone should make a friendly contact with any pro gun (at least not anti) TV media that we (Indy) have available. Anyone know a pro gun TV Media reporter here in Indy?

The guys who covered the Brady debacle last month were very pro-gun, but the idiot who did the on-air piece made us look like idiots... :dunno:

Top Bottom