Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How many people is going to this? I am almost talked myself into it.

INGO members that have said Yes/Maybe total 27 counting me plus a couple more I have not recieved info from. Plus there are 37 members on Facebook. Now, I'm not sure who all is on the facebook page and how many are actually INGO members, or if they plan on attending, but I think you're starting to get a good idea. Plus we haven't heard back from any of the other Pro2A groups in Indiana yet. Probably wont until we set a date.

Also keep in mind that I've heard reports people in others states are taking notice and because of the same events that inspired me, they have inspired others to do the same as we are. I'd like to corrdinate with any other state that's doing the same thing, but I've yet to hear from any one about this. I may start fishing around and see what I can find....

And a $100 + fine for the driver for permitting violation.

It's ok. We'll only use the idea as a last ditch effort SHOULD anything go bad. I don't honestly think we'll have to worry about it. Who in their right mind is going to mess with 30 armed men walking down the street anyway? I figured that was kinda the point.... :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OK people. I need an idea of who all is FOR SURE coming to the meeting tomorrow.

This meeting is CRUCIAL as it will lay out the foundation for the march, including the route.

I don't know how to set up an IRC chat or how to tell people how to access it so for those who cant make it TO the meeting can still be included in real time.

If you plan on attending the meeting please PM or Email me so I know how many to expect. I would appreciate it! Please, if you can and want a say in the route we take please make the meeting!

Thanks guys!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OK people. I need an idea of who all is FOR SURE coming to the meeting tomorrow.

This meeting is CRUCIAL as it will lay out the foundation for the march, including the route.

I don't know how to set up an IRC chat or how to tell people how to access it so for those who cant make it TO the meeting can still be included in real time.

If you plan on attending the meeting please PM or Email me so I know how many to expect. I would appreciate it! Please, if you can and want a say in the route we take please make the meeting!

Thanks guys!

Tinychat is really easy to use. There is no registered room called IndyMarch. So you can use Tinychat. tinychat.com/indymarch

The first person in will be the chat Mod and can make other people mods, kick/ban etc.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sweet I got it down. I even have a mini webcam that we can use if need be. I don't think it has a mic though...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow, so far I've only got about 4-5 people helping me pound out the details tomorrow. That's good that people are coming, but I guess I figured some more people would want a say. It's ok though! We'll get it worked out regardless make sure there's a second meeting for the fine details. Maybe to discuss the route further.

Also, I know some people had thought about contacting other groups for the march. Has anyone heard back from any of them? The second meeting was going to be mostly for them and their input if they wished to attend.

Just let me know guys.

Remember, tomorrow, 5pm here in Plainfield at the Panera Bread.

If you can't make it I will post the chat webpage if you would still like to be included.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Wow, so far I've only got about 4-5 people helping me pound out the details tomorrow. That's good that people are coming, but I guess I figured some more people would want a say. It's ok though! We'll get it worked out regardless make sure there's a second meeting for the fine details. Maybe to discuss the route further.

Also, I know some people had thought about contacting other groups for the march. Has anyone heard back from any of them? The second meeting was going to be mostly for them and their input if they wished to attend.

Just let me know guys.

If you can't make it I will post the chat webpage if you would still like to be included.

I'll be there...

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Sure the wording is not there...is used to be. The law used to say that vehicles plates as trucks were exempt from the seatbelt laws. The legislature removed the exemption with the agreement that they would ban seatbelt checkpoints. That was the give and take. The legislature said that they would remove the truck exemption if they could ban the seatbelt checkpoints. That is how the revised law passed.
    Terre Haute News, Terre Haute, Indiana- TribStar.com - New Indiana seat-belt laws will affect nearly all passengers on Hoosier roads

This is where the current law came from: Amendments to House Enrolled Act 1237
    Enrolled Act, House Bill 1237

:hijack:

I got stopped by a seatbelt checkpoint and ticketed in my truck !@@!@>?!!!!! gahhhh FUt4ergohCK Carmel ! ! !

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll see what I can do about getting in on the webcam chat, but can't make the meeting. What site or program you gonna use?

Gonna use an online chat thing. I'll post the URL tomorrow before the meeting. Just check the thread.

:hijack:

I got stopped by a seatbelt checkpoint and ticketed in my truck !@@!@>?!!!!! gahhhh FUt4ergohCK Carmel ! ! !

Now, to jack my own thread... I got a seat belt ticket a couple months back and sent my MO in for it a month and a half ago. I never got a reciept in the mail but never thought anything about it. I get a letter in the mail from the BMV saying my license would be suspended INDEFINATELY until the ticket was paid!!! Of course I went in they never got the MO and I paid it... AGAIN.. but indefinately... over a SEAT BELT TICKET????? :fawk: the seat belt laws! If I want to flirt with death that's my business!!!! :xmad:

Now back to your regularly scheduled March organizing.... :D

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Sure the wording is not there...is used to be. The law used to say that vehicles plates as trucks were exempt from the seatbelt laws. The legislature removed the exemption with the agreement that they would ban seatbelt checkpoints. That was the give and take. The legislature said that they would remove the truck exemption if they could ban the seatbelt checkpoints. That is how the revised law passed.
    Terre Haute News, Terre Haute, Indiana- TribStar.com - New Indiana seat-belt laws will affect nearly all passengers on Hoosier roads

This is where the current law came from: Amendments to House Enrolled Act 1237
    Enrolled Act, House Bill 1237
    So what happened to the "ban checkpoints" part of the bill?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Folks, I've only just learned about this board and about this planned event...am I to understand that there is a meeting TODAY (23 August) concerning this event?

Yes, and :welcome: to INGO. Are you related to the Colonel?:D

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Just let me know guys.

I won't be able to make it to the meeting. From my vantage point up here in Fort Wayne, Plainfield resides squarely in Indy's anus...141 mile drive to get to you guys.

In my absence, I strongly suggest we march on 9/12 to coincide with events in DC. And this is the route I recommend because of the landmarks along the way.

from: 39.777425,-86.157693 to: Monument Circle - Google Maps

I'm assuming that we can either pay or get permission to park in the parking lot directly west of where point A is. The route would take us past several monuments and is just shy of 1 mile.

There appears to be a Federal building along the route, but I can't find information about what it is, so you'll probably need to take that into consideration.

I went ahead & searched the area for day cares & schools & here is a map of what I found:

w2oz1l.jpg

33mmqux.jpg

You can download the original files here Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

I'm unsure whether the 1,000ft rule applies to day cares, but this needs to be verified quickly because of the location of Au Pair Care at location A. If it does apply, then the Circle is not an option. If it doesn't, then the route I've suggested will likely work well (assuming that location "L", "Indianapolis School District" is an office & not an actual K-12 School).

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom