Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    FYI, during the Tea Party march from the Circle on Independence Day, someone (not from our group) dumped some sort of colored liquid in the fountain at the circle. Nobody knows who did it, but there were certain nameless officials who thought it was someone in our group. We never knew whether it was someone who might have supported us, or maybe someone who wanted to make us look bad. Either way, it wasn't what we wanted, and we took some flak for it.

What we learned is that you can't have too many video and still cameras running. Having documentation of your actions is a good thing, especially if you run up against someone who wants to cause trouble.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    FYI, during the Tea Party march from the Circle on Independence Day, someone (not from our group) dumped some sort of colored liquid in the fountain at the circle. Nobody knows who did it, but there were certain nameless officials who thought it was someone in our group. We never knew whether it was someone who might have supported us, or maybe someone who wanted to make us look bad. Either way, it wasn't what we wanted, and we took some flak for it.

What we learned is that you can't have too many video and still cameras running. Having documentation of your actions is a good thing, especially if you run up against someone who wants to cause trouble.

Which is why I'm also asking anyone without a LTCH or won't be carrying a long gun to carry a camera. Great suggestion! Thanks!

:patriot:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Tomorrow's MoveOn appearance in support of Carson and Obamacare would be a great time/place to do like the did in AZ...

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

:+1:

In addition, taking photos is fun...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tomorrow's MoveOn appearance in support of Carson and Obamacare would be a great time/place to do like the did in AZ...

I seen that. I would love to go but I have two kids that aren't mine and are waaaaay too unruly to even walk up to CVS with let alone take to any protest... :laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Good. Thank you.

I don't believe I got an email from you did I? I'll go check my spam filter, but I don't think I got one.

Please remember to check to OP if you plan on attending to make sure your ID is listed!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Including me, that's 23 people on the Yes/Maybe list. That's more than the last time! I'M SOOOO PROUD to see all these great Patriots standing up for freedom! I can't wait!!!!

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Including me, that's 23 people on the Yes/Maybe list. That's more than the last time! I'M SOOOO PROUD to see all these great Patriots standing up for freedom! I can't wait!!!!

Is that including the facebook group and invites to different gun rights organizations? And once you have a date/time/meeting location/route Do you know if we have any clever photo shop users or anything that can do up a fancy invite?

Edit:

Or i could get bored and try it myself

3841510018_3ecbef6bd0_b.jpg

Its quick and dirty mind you but it should be good for inviting people

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Is that including the facebook group and invites to different gun rights organizations? And once you have a date/time/meeting location/route Do you know if we have any clever photo shop users or anything that can do up a fancy invite?

Not counting the Facebook group. I need to add the email info to that group so I can get their info too. I may have to redo my list a little bit, but that's ok. I haven't heard from any other organization, but I"m not worrying about that until the date is set anyway.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    I know it's soon so you might not have time to get organized, but have you thought about doing it next weekend? You will likely get your message out to more people due to the GP race being in town and the spectators it draws.

You don't have to tell me if you like my idea or not, as I have less than 50 posts and haven't been here more than a week.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I know it's soon so you might not have time to get organized, but have you thought about doing it next weekend? You will likely get your message out to more people due to the GP race being in town and the spectators it draws.

You don't have to tell me if you like my idea or not, as I have less than 50 posts and haven't been here more than a week.

:laugh: It's not that I'm discluding anyone from this march. I'm just not telling people with less than 50 posts the route until the day of and when we get there. Everyone will get a meetup location but that's it. Don't feel left out! WE LOVE YOU! :laugh:

I would love to do it this weekend, but too many people need to request off work to come. It's just not feasible. I'd like to do it tomorrow, but it's not possible.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Meach, that's a good start. I'm sure there's plenty of talent to come up with something. I can also use my contacts in the Tea Party group to get some printing done if need be. :D

Da Meach IZ Awesome!!! :rockwoot:

:laugh:

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    :laugh: It's not that I'm discluding anyone from this march. I'm just not telling people with less than 50 posts the route until the day of and when we get there. Everyone will get a meetup location but that's it. Don't feel left out! WE LOVE YOU! :laugh:

I would love to do it this weekend, but too many people need to request off work to come. It's just not feasible. I'd like to do it tomorrow, but it's not possible.

I gotcha. No hard feelings here. I would seriously consider the 29th however. There will be plenty of people from all over the country (the world?) visiting our fine city.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I gotcha. No hard feelings here. I would seriously consider the 29th however. There will be plenty of people from all over the country (the world?) visiting our fine city.

Oh, next weekend. I read that wrong. :): Again, it would be nice, but it's not enough time for people to request the day off. We'll find a good day I promise.

Top Bottom