Organizing an OC event in Indy! Stand up for your Rights!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    If there were to be someone with authority ( mayor, chief of police,councilperson,etc.) that were opposed to this cause and didn't want it to go well, are there laws against organized groups of people gathering without a permit that could be used to disrupt this? Is there a assembly or parading without a permit law that could be used? I sure would hate to turn on the news and see people being loaded onto paddy wagons and their guns being confiscated, or even worse being one of them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If there were to be someone with authority ( mayor, chief of police,councilperson,etc.) that were opposed to this cause and didn't want it to go well, are there laws against organized groups of people gathering without a permit that could be used to disrupt this? Is there a assembly or parading without a permit law that could be used? I sure would hate to turn on the news and see people being loaded onto paddy wagons and their guns being confiscated, or even worse being one of them.

Nothing they can technically do to us that wouldn't be against our civil rights. Also, a parade would constitute blocking traffic (Cars or people), and an assembly would mean that we were going to stay in one place for a length of time. That's not the plan. We will be walking down the sidewalk, either in a formation of sorts, or just in a group, and not be stopping anywhere for any real length of time. So, no, there's nothing they can really do to us. Legally. I doubt the mayor, being a Marine, would have any issues. Maybe the Sherrif or the Prosecutor, but still, nothing they can legally do to us unless we screw up somehow.

Rest assured we will hammer through these details in the face to face meetings to make sure we are complying and that everyone will be safe. Otherwise we will scrub the idea until we find a city or town with less resistance.

:patriot:

Also, don't forget to email me if you plan on attending or even if you're a maybe. It's easier to go through my email than search through 20 pages of posts.... :n00b:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Nothing they can technically do to us that wouldn't be against our civil rights. Also, a parade would constitute blocking traffic (Cars or people), and an assembly would mean that we were going to stay in one place for a length of time. That's not the plan. We will be walking down the sidewalk, either in a formation of sorts, or just in a group, and not be stopping anywhere for any real length of time. So, no, there's nothing they can really do to us. Legally. I doubt the mayor, being a Marine, would have any issues. Maybe the Sherrif or the Prosecutor, but still, nothing they can legally do to us unless we screw up somehow.

Rest assured we will hammer through these details in the face to face meetings to make sure we are complying and that everyone will be safe. Otherwise we will scrub the idea until we find a city or town with less resistance.

Also, don't forget to email me if you plan on attending or even if you're a maybe. It's easier to go through my email than search through 20 pages of posts.... :n00b:

So who's gonna call cadence?

ETA: :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Do you really think it will matter????

No, but that's the point isn't it? We can't worry about walking on eggshells with this carry issue any longer. Why are we so worried about whose feelings we're going to hurt? This is America. Get over it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hmmm... Can you imagine the looks if we had 2 people picking up trash behind us as we walk?

"OMG! Look at those guys with gu... What are they doing? Oh looky! They're picking up trash! How odd....."

:laugh:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Hmmm... Can you imagine the looks if we had 2 people picking up trash behind us as we walk?

"OMG! Look at those guys with gu... What are they doing? Oh looky! They're picking up trash! How odd....."

:laugh:

Community service cannot help but bring feelings of goodwill from the onlookers who are so enamored with it :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's why we and everyone else is always picking up trash we see laying around... :D NOT!

I do every now and then, but not very often. I do, however, make my kids pick up trash in the neighborhood even if it's not ours. Not so much in public places though. They have people who get paid for that. :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is just a reminder for those who plan to attend the FTF meeting Sunday....

Please don't forget to write down your route suggestions, march suggestions, dinner suggestions, critisims, complaints, praise, what have you. Write them down as they come to you. Just don't forget to write them down! :D

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Interested

I'm definitely interested in attending the open carry march. Once a date can be established, I'll be able to match it up with my schedule and verify that I can make it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You will have a good 2-3 week window in which to find out if you can make it. The date will be set and announced Sunday or Monday. The route will not be published if it is even decided on.

Once the date is set everyone is more than welcome to spread the word to every Patriot in the Country. If this happens in other cities, that would ROCK, but I'm only worried about here. Media outlets I'm sure will be notified well in advance, but I don't plan on giving them an official letter of intent until a week before the March. The IMPD will be notified probably once everything is set in stone so calls of "mob with guns" calls can be answered appropriotely. More than likely we will have some LEO's in the group and most definately active or Ex- military persons with us. Security will be a small issue. :): I've said it multipule times, but I will say it again... Safety is the top priority. Education is the purpose.

Top Bottom