• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    So, just so we're perfectly clear, this happened yesterday (Friday, Oct 25), and you were present and personally witnessed these events correct?
    I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I hope the OP wasn't lying about anything.
    Would you happen to be a Vincennes University officer? Just judging by your name.

Last edited:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    After hours of reading the posts, I'm still on the fence on this subject. I do think its just a big "DIG ME!" Thang. I'm sure all three kinda giggled while seeing the officers pulling up. And also I'm sure they at the time felt like the baddest MOFO's playing in the ball pit that day. But I also go back to all the struggles this country has had, I'm sure more then one person at that dock over 200 years ago said" Hey Stanley, don't go dumping all that tea in that harbor with the rest if those idiot, you'll just cause trouble!" And I'm sure Rosa Parks caught alittle hell from some African Americans who didn't want the trouble that not giving up that seat was going to start. I guess maybe it comes down to intent, if your doing it for the instant gratification of yourself, then lock yourself in the bathroom for 5 mins. But if your really trying to make a stand for the better of all, I guess then it should've been better planned out!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After hours of reading the posts, I'm still on the fence on this subject. I do think its just a big "DIG ME!" Thang. I'm sure all three kinda giggled while seeing the officers pulling up. And also I'm sure they at the time felt like the baddest MOFO's playing in the ball pit that day. But I also go back to all the struggles this country has had, I'm sure more then one person at that dock over 200 years ago said" Hey Stanley, don't go dumping all that tea in that harbor with the rest if those idiot, you'll just cause trouble!" And I'm sure Rosa Parks caught alittle hell from some African Americans who didn't want the trouble that not giving up that seat was going to start. I guess maybe it comes down to intent, if your doing it for the instant gratification of yourself, then lock yourself in the bathroom for 5 mins. But if your really trying to make a stand for the better of all, I guess then it should've been better planned out!

As much as I agree I have to say the references you are using are way off here. The fellas that pulled this stunt were not making a point about much of anything. No tea in the harbor to rub in on the royals....no Rosa to the back of the bus to make a point. We already have the freedoms they were pushing to the limits. All their actions can do is set a chain of events in motion to reduce or eliminate those freedoms.
    Refer to some of the posts on yes, you can but should you.

These 3 were being idiotic to take a long gun into a family burger joint. To prove what. To make what point.......:dunno:

I have to say it set off the chain reaction I speak of.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Apparently you can't if everytime you do there is someone with a badge to tell you that you can't.

No I am not....any more. But I do have an open line to the Vincennes cops.....
    I would appreciate hearing their side of the story since nobody wanted to talk to me when I went there.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It's not my responsibility to tell you their side of the story. The things I heard about your history with the local cops and your motives for this little stunt (as well as others) make me ashamed to be represented by you as a fellow gun owner.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    It's not my responsibility to tell you their side of the story. The things I heard about your history with the local cops and your motives for this little stunt (as well as others) make me ashamed to be represented by you as a fellow gun owner.
    I think we can just go ahead and close this thread now. Case closed

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    As much as I agree I have to say the references you are using are way off here. The fellas that pulled this stunt were not making a point about much of anything. No tea in the harbor to rub in on the royals....no Rosa to the back of the bus to make a point. We already have the freedoms they were pushing to the limits. All their actions can do is set a chain of events in motion to reduce or eliminate those freedoms.
    Refer to some of the posts on yes, you can but should you.

These 3 were being idiotic to take a long gun into a family burger joint. To prove what. To make what point.......:dunno:

I have to say it set off the chain reaction I speak of.
    I agree, with the other scenarios, they all were acting for the better of all. But it appears that the three men in the OP's story was just simply waiting for a reaction and when they got it, seemed satisfied. That's why it all comes down to " intent". I guess if when the officer raised the rifle over his head and said " when they pry it from my cold dead fingers, as all 200 hundred patrons raised their AR's into the air with a glorious yell! Then it becomes a tea dumping movement! Until that happens, it's just spitting in the wind.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just because you can doesn't mean it's always a good idea.

span7.jpg

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The only history I have is with VUPD when they attempted to illegally search my dwelling, which I provided a video of to INGO. Unless you are talking about when I retrieved my sidearm from the assistant chief and he made a fool of himself shouting obscenities at me inside the station. Otherwise, you're making things up, are being told lies, or have me confused with someone else.

As far as motives go, I was not the one carrying the rifle and I am not going to tell someone they can't carry a weapon to defend themselves. Explain what my motives are as well as any other "stunts" I may have taken part in, because this is news to me.

Have had no negative contacts with Vincennes PD before this incident. Although when I did have positive contacts with them, I was disarmed every time prior. Judging by some private messages I have received, I am inclined to think you're either needlessly defending the blue line or are being told lies because I have had many people message me with comments about the officers that were involved. None of them being positive.

Last edited:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

The only history I have is with VUPD when they attempted to illegally search my dwelling, which I provided a video of to INGO. Unless you are talking about when I retrieved my sidearm from the assistant chief and he made a fool of himself shouting obscenities at me inside the station. Otherwise, you're making things up, are being told lies, or have me confused with someone else.

Have had no negative contacts with Vincennes PD before this incident. Although when I did have positive contacts with them, I was disarmed every time prior.

So this is not the first time something similar to this has happened?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    So this is not the first time something similar to this has happened?
    No, it is. The only dealings I have had in the past have been with university police and involved a firearm secured within my legal dwelling. I have no idea what VUPDblue is talking about and I look forward to him enlightening us all if he isn't just throwing statements around trying to make me look bad on the internet.

Unless you mean my positive contacts? Those were both vehicle accidents during which I was open carrying. Once again, since you guys don't seem to get this, I was not the one carrying a rifle, nor have I before.
    Regardless of your claims, imo, you are an idiot and so are your friends. Thanks loads for making things more unpleasant for those that want to OC or CC without getting looked at like we're freaks.
    I respect your opinion. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Gun owners hating on other gun owners for exercising their rights. I love it. Excuse me while I go hide in the closet for fear of offending someone else. Those damn gays, how dare they. Let's all hide all of our guns and determine how the person next to us should defend themselves. Oh that would be a wonderful country.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So the part about your "legal firearm inside your legal dwelling" wasn't in University owned/operated housing where your contract for housing forbids firearms? I don't defend the "blue line" wholesale but there are a few cops in this world who I trust to tell me the truth 100% of the time and one of them happens to be familiar with you and your shenanigans. It is not me or them who has stretched the truth, embellished the truth, or omitted important details to bend the story to my "cause".

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    So the part about your "legal firearm inside your legal dwelling" wasn't in University owned/operated housing where your contract for housing forbids firearms? I don't defend the "blue line" wholesale but there are a few cops in this world who I trust to tell me the truth 100% of the time and one of them happens to be familiar with you and your shenanigans. It is not me or them who has stretched the truth, embellished the truth, or omitted important details to bend the story to my "cause".
    Correct, as was fully discussed in the thread I made at the time. It was also discussed how the housing manager and assistant chief agreed that they had no right to search the private rooms, only the common areas of the apartment. It was also discussed how the officers attempted to charge me with a crime (Violation of GFSZA, resisting law enforcement, failure to ID) only to later be told by their supervisor that there was nothing they could do. How is not consenting to an illegal search "shenanigans?" Breaking a lease is a civil issue and does not allow law enforcement to take action without a court ruling, surely you should know that. This is not at all related to what this thread was about nor does it have any bearing, as I was in the right or I would have been expelled from school, evicted from the property, or arrested. Instead, I got an ass chewing from the assistant chief and was told something along the lines of "we can do whatever the hell we want and you will deal with it, son." Very professional.

Want to know how I know without a doubt it was an illegal search? As soon as the camera came out they decided not to do it, after telling me they would toss the room with or without my permission. Maybe you should ask the officers that you trust so much about that.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Once again, since you guys don't seem to get this, I was not the one carrying a rifle, nor have I before.

I respect your opinion. Have a nice day.

You may not have been in possession of the long gun but you were a part of this. You knew it was going to happen. You went there with the intent of it happaning and you were a major part of it happening....yes or no.

If I met friends for a burger and one was sporting a long gun one of two things would happen...(1) he would not take it inside or (2) I would call him a freaking idiot, leave and never let him/her around me again. This action was ridiculous and I believe staged for the effect you desired and got. There is a 3rd possibility that involves surgically removing the rifle from the lower unit but that would involve a violent action on my part.
    Please Do me a favor, you and those idiots stay south east of us.

Top Bottom