• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't see anything wrong with it. If a law abiding citizen can do it, why shouldn't a LEO?

Agreed.

You see nothing wrong with law enforcement officers carrying long guns strapped to their backs during every single instant they deal with the public? And you think this is something that the public should happily embrace? Lol, well allow me to step away from those would support this and say that I would never ever want to ever see that day come to pass. And if it did, hope that I had turned in my badge long ago, and found a society a little less threatening.

I see absolutely no problem with them carrying a long gun. If it helps them do their job, of going home at the end of the night, and try are okay with it, so am I. You of course wouldn't have to carry a long gun on every run, but it would definitely be an option that you could choose to use.

and on their own property!!!!

Why do they have to be on their own property? Yes, private property rights trump others, however until you ask me not to do something, how am I to know the stance of the property owner? Am I not allowed to carry my firearm on another's property for fear of having the police called?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ok, here's a question then. Earlier someone stated that a rifle was a better weapon for self-defense than a pistol. Others have stated that carrying a rifles should viewed as being no different than carrying a handgun. Let's assume both are acknowledged. Does having those beliefs indicate that be that belief such would be totally ok with every member of law enforcement carrying rifles during their everyday duties while serving the public. Surely, this wouldn't be viewed negatively, right? And if it is, why exactly.

Kut (plays the trump card and waits to see if someone wants to distinguish themselves as a hypocrite- not pointed at you Buns)
    Why wouldn't I be okay with it?

You see nothing wrong with law enforcement officers carrying long guns strapped to their backs during every single instant they deal with the public? And you think this is something that the public should happily embrace? Lol, well allow me to step away from those would support this and say that I would never ever want to ever see that day come to pass. And if it did, hope that I had turned in my badge long ago, and found a society a little less threatening.
    Here we go with that logical fallacy again. What makes the rifle so different from a handgun that the carrying of a rifle is somehow indicative of a more dangerous society?

The same thing can be said of carrying a handgun: I don't want to live in a society where people feed the need to carry a handgun to defend themselves. Wait a minute. Where have I head that before?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Slung rifles still must be handled. One cannot move much if any without handling the rifle let alone sitting or vehicle manipulation. The trigger is always exposed. You are carrying a continual opportunity for an AD or ND.

Holstered handguns can go all day without being touched. Many a drunk person has carried them completely secure.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

You don't get out of the Country much do you? LEOs with long guns is pretty common in "other" societies.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ok, here's a question then. Earlier someone stated that a rifle was a better weapon for self-defense than a pistol. Others have stated that carrying a rifles should viewed as being no different than carrying a handgun. Let's assume both are acknowledged. Does having those beliefs indicate that be that belief such would be totally ok with every member of law enforcement carrying rifles during their everyday duties while serving the public. Surely, this wouldn't be viewed negatively, right? And if it is, why exactly.

Kut (plays the trump card and waits to see if someone wants to distinguish themselves as a hypocrite- not pointed at you Buns)

I think LEO should CC so they do not look as intimidating. :):

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Routinely? Doubtful but I'm not really concerned with backwards "other," societies.

You should be. If we are not careful, that's where we will be. Our government and Nato will have us there if they have they're way. Some people don't think we should carry our rifles now.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    How about one of these bad boys?
    $%28KGrHqV,%21pUE7BcvinrzBPD3CYIT-Q%7E%7E60_12.JPG

There might be some ice on the sidewalk on your way out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You should be. If we are not careful, that's where we will be. Our government and Nato will have us there if they have they're way. Some people don't think we should carry our rifles now.

Some people would say that the first indication of a coming Gov't/NATO weapons confiscation will be officers carrying long guns the same as they do handguns.

Top Bottom