• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the rifle is slung properly and they are not handling it, I don't care.

Ok, here's a question then. Earlier someone stated that a rifle was a better weapon for self-defense than a pistol. Others have stated that carrying a rifles should viewed as being no different than carrying a handgun. Let's assume both are acknowledged. Does having those beliefs indicate that be that belief such would be totally ok with every member of law enforcement carrying rifles during their everyday duties while serving the public. Surely, this wouldn't be viewed negatively, right? And if it is, why exactly.

Kut (plays the trump card and waits to see if someone wants to distinguish themselves as a hypocrite- not pointed at you Buns)

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Ok, here's a question then. Earlier someone stated that a rifle was a better weapon for self-defense than a pistol. Others have stated that carrying a rifles should viewed as being no different than carrying a handgun. Let's assume both are acknowledged. Does having those beliefs indicate that be that belief such would be totally ok with every member of law enforcement carrying rifles during their everyday duties while serving the public. Surely, this wouldn't be viewed negatively, right? And if it is, why exactly.

Kut (plays the trump card and waits to see if someone wants to distinguish themselves as a hypocrite- not pointed at you Buns)
    I don't see anything wrong with it. If a law abiding citizen can do it, why shouldn't a LEO?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Cops should carry as they wish. Whatever works for them and their departments.

I do think the rifle might get in the way while writing tickets though.

I have found that it is much easier to eat donuts carrying a handgun vs a rifle. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't see anything wrong with it. If a law abiding citizen can do it, why shouldn't a LEO?

You see nothing wrong with law enforcement officers carrying long guns strapped to their backs during every single instant they deal with the public? And you think this is something that the public should happily embrace? Lol, well allow me to step away from those would support this and say that I would never ever want to ever see that day come to pass. And if it did, hope that I had turned in my badge long ago, and found a society a little less threatening.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I have found that it is much easier to eat donuts carrying a handgun vs a rifle. :rolleyes:

That is just a matter of technique though. If you put the barrel of the rifle through the hole of the doughnut and eat it like a pop-sickle or taffy apple, problem solved. Rifles for everybody.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    You see nothing wrong with law enforcement officers carrying long guns strapped to their backs during every single instant they deal with the public? And you think this is something that the public should happily embrace? Lol, well allow me to step away from those would support this and say that I would never ever want to ever see that day come to pass. And if it did, hope that I had turned in my badge long ago, and found a society a little less threatening.
    Sorry but it doesn't bother me. I did live in NYC for a while though, and was around LEO's with long guns every day in the subway system. I find no reason to restrict their mode of self defense, even if it hurts someone's feelings.

Top Bottom