• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Please explain how the scenario in the OP isn't an example of this. Whether or not you agree with what they did, it is not unlawful. Yet they were publically berated after being assaulted with a deadly weapon.

Well first off the story is coming from the person that was involved in doing what they did. Based on that alone I would already question his judgement and in so question his interpretation of how things actually went. People out to prove a point or make a scene are usually hyper sensitive about being talked to. FWIW there is nothing wrong with being polite and people in the LE occupation are no exception. But there is also nothing wrong with telling someone when they are wrong and acting like a tool. Sometimes...often times it needs done. Many of the younger generation do not like being talked to.

If someone wants to defend some for going out to eat in public carrying a long gun then go for it. But it doesn't make it any less silly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Point is, there are plenty of legal actions that are dumb. And while dumb people make us all look smarter, I'd prefer that people keep their idiocracy out of my field of vision. I won't prevent anybody from doing it, but in most cases, I will remove myself, and gain a lesser opinion of the legal act. And while mine is just an opinion, and fully aware such is legal, there will be that other person that thinks the act is, or worse SHOULD be illegal.... those are the people to worry about.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Well first off the story is coming from the person that was involved in doing what they did. Based on that alone I would already question his judgement and in so question his interpretation of how things actually went. People out to prove a point or make a scene are usually hyper sensitive about being talked to. FWIW there is nothing wrong with being polite and people in the LE occupation are no exception. But there is also nothing wrong with telling someone when they are wrong and acting like a tool. Sometimes...often times it needs done. Many of the younger generation do not like being talked to.

If someone wants to defend some for going out to eat in public carrying a long gun then go for it. But it doesn't make it any less silly.

So self defense is silly? Ok

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Do you KNOW how many people DON'T spank their kids???? I used to get my tail beat so much, that today, I still fear house shoes, dish rags, belts, combs, switches, and above all Hot Wheels tracks.

Kut (has flashbacks walking down toy aisles)
    You have me beat (no pun intended) with the hot wheels tracks and the dish rags. I experienced all the others too and wooden spoons. I still can't stand the sound of a leather belt crack or a whip.
    Id never and have never punished my child the way I was. But I do believe in spankings when the parent is not angry and in a controlled manner that doesn't leave marks.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Wow. Unless I read something wrong, the individual does not have a handgun to carry for self defense. Therefore he shouldn't be able to defend himself?
    He could carry a hammer. It's just as effective, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's silly if that your reasoning for carrying a rifle into a McDonalds.
    Realy? Because I've been in a mcdonalds when some trash pos threatened to shoot a high school kid just because he wanted to cut him in Line. And that was in indy. Violent crime can happen anywhere and when you least expect it. I still stand by my post saying carrying the rifle was extreme.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow. Unless I read something wrong, the individual does not have a handgun to carry for self defense. Therefore he shouldn't be able to defend himself?

Pretty naive to believe that a rifle was carried for self defense in this issue. Do YOU believe that a rifle was carried due to a self defense concern regarding this instance?

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    So self defense is silly? Ok

This is the typical grandstanding that makes this thread tedious.
    NO SELF DEFENSE IS NOT SILLY.
    What he said was carrying a long gun into Mcdonalds to have a hamburger IS silly AND I will add: rude.

I have found that rudeness is typically not seen by the person being rude.
    If they could see it, they wouldn't do it.
    I have also found that pointing it out so they can see it will just make them mad.
    At this point no one is going to change their opinion.
    I think I am just going to let this thread die on it's own accord.
    I am actually feeling a little bad for posting here this one more time.

Oh, and before the grandstanding starts afresh, I am not calling any of you people defending him rude, just the guy in McDonald's.
    I actually think most of you have been respectful and articulate.
    Wrong, but respectful and articulate. :p

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Realy? Because I've been in a mcdonalds when some trash pos threatened to shoot a high school kid just because he wanted to cut him in Line. And that was in indy. Violent crime can happen anywhere and when you least expect it. I still stand by my post saying carrying the rifle was extreme.

And what would the kid have done if he had a rifle strapped to his back? Tell the guy "one moment" unslung it and said "Ok, NOW I'm ready, come at me bro?"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And what would the kid have done if he had a rifle strapped to his back? Tell the guy "one moment" unslung it and said "Ok, NOW I'm ready, come at me bro?"
    Hey I'm in agreement on this with you bro. I basically called the guy an idiot by pointing out how stupid that was and was ready to clean his clock if he took one step towards that kid or me. His wife encouraged his drunk ass to go to the car before he went "back to jail". Idiots are everywhere.

I do want to be clear that I do support anyone who wants to open carry a rifle or handgun anywhere they want, because it's their right. People with slung and holstered guns in public places don't scare me, I just make sure I'm aware of them until I can read their intent. People with guns out in their hands causes me to start a series of personal planned events, even if its a cop. And no I'm not talking about pulling my weapon and acting all mall ninja.

if your gonna carry a rifle for self defense then carry it the right way and if you don't know what that way is then you need to get training before you carry it in my personal opinion.

i don't OC even a handgun anymore because I don't want to draw any attention to myself, Especially police attention! Police interaction does statistically increase your risk of harm. Not to mention I don't like any dicks treating me like a criminal and questioning me like one. That includes non cops.

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Pretty naive to believe that a rifle was carried for self defense in this issue. Do YOU believe that a rifle was carried due to a self defense concern regarding this instance?
    Lol. It doesn't matter what I believe he was carrying it for. He specifically stated that he didn't have a handgun to carry, so he carried a rifle. I am not going to tell people how or what they should carry.

Hornett said:
    This is the typical grandstanding that makes this thread tedious.
    NO SELF DEFENSE IS NOT SILLY.
    What he said was carrying a long gun into Mcdonalds to have a hamburger IS silly AND I will add: rude.
    He was carrying it because he doesn't have a handgun. What would you like him to do? I can't believe individuals are saying that if you're carrying anything else other than a handgun for self defense, it's rude. Or silly. Or whatever. Actually, we should all STOP carrying because it is rude and hurts people's feelings. Being killed by someone who commits an act of violence in a McDonalds (read the articles cited in this thread) is ok because you weren't offending anyone.

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Someone exercising their rights is rude, but someone being upset that another is exercising their rights is not?

Top Bottom