• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    He was carrying it because he doesn't have a handgun.
    It's America. He can get himself one.
    What about chainsaws. It's not illegal to carry a chainsaw in McDonalds. But nobody does it.

Is that legal to carry a concealed rifle without a ltch?
    I think it is.

Someone exercising their rights is rude, but someone being upset that another is exercising their rights is not?
    More Grandstanding.
    I think it was rude for whoever it was to call the cops.
    But that still doesn't excuse the OP's friends rude behavior.

EDIT:
    Dangit! I posted again.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I don't carry 100% of the time when legally allowed to do so. I usually do a risk assessment before I head out. Knowing that NO PLACE is ever safe there are locations and times of day that are potentially more dangerous than others. So I allow myself to be vulnerable based on a guess that I will be ok, and no firearm is needed. I admit, I could be wrong very easily. In many cases I'd opt to not go to a place if I think a firearm is absolutely necessary.

The point being, is if you carry an AR for self protection 100% of the time - then I support the decision to carry the long gun here. However if the carrier carries 40-60% of the time, then what in his risk assessment thought that this MCD's had a higher probability and warranted the protection of a firearm? Then I ask, should the decision have been to not go at all?

I dont believe the AR here was being carried primarily for self defense. I fully support one doing so, but in this case, I believe it was carried for a different purpose than the weapon was intended for. I believe it was being carried to illustrate a point. I fully support one carrying an AR to prove a point, however the execution was poorly planned.

If you want to prove a point and educate the public, then you need to develop a strategy that meets your intentions. I do not believe this furthered the cause.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Good point....back to that street corner to yell "F*@k you" at everyone who passes.
    See, the difference is that yelling "F*@k you" at people is aimed directly at them. Carrying a rifle and eating your meal peacefully does not (or should not) affect anyone else.

But that still doesn't excuse the OP's friends rude behavior.
    How was I rude? Maybe you should read the thread again, I don't own a rifle. That said, I'm still waiting for someone to explain how exercising your rights is rude, but it's not rude for someone to attempt to limit your rights.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It's America. He can get himself one...

Maybe, but then he'd still have to purchase and wait for his little pink exception to the Indiana code which makes it illegal to carry a handgun, wouldn't he?

Screw Indiana's ridiculous infringement on handguns, carry a rifle. That's obviously how the legislature prefers people defend themselves since they left that right alone.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Maybe, but then he'd still have to purchase and wait for his little pink exception to the Indiana code which makes it illegal to carry a handgun, wouldn't he?

Screw Indiana's ridiculous infringement on handguns, carry a rifle. That's obviously how the legislature prefers people defend themselves since they left that right alone.

I believe it was stated he had is LTCH already, but I could be wrong, and I am not going back and rereading this thread to find it. But I like that second part.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Someone exercising their rights is rude, but someone being upset that another is exercising their rights is not?

You tell me...

blackpanthers_security.jpg

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    See, the difference is that yelling "F*@k you" at people is aimed directly at them. Carrying a rifle and eating your meal peacefully does not (or should not) affect anyone else.

How was I rude? Maybe you should read the thread again, I don't own a rifle. That said, I'm still waiting for someone to explain how exercising your rights is rude, but it's not rude for someone to attempt to limit your rights.

DUDE! The OP's FRIEND'S rude behavior.
    Not you.

And you made me post again. :)

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I don't carry 100% of the time when legally allowed to do so. I usually do a risk assessment before I head out.
    Know that doing so will give an over-zealous prosecutor ammunition to use if you are ever involved in a SD shooting. Why would you go if you felt it was risky enough to carry a weapon when you usually don't? Just looking out.
    The point being, is if you carry an AR for self protection 100% of the time - then I support the decision to carry the long gun here. However if the carrier carries 40-60% of the time, then what in his risk assessment thought that this MCD's had a higher probability and warranted the protection of a firearm? Then I ask, should the decision have been to not go at all?

I dont believe the AR here was being carried primarily for self defense. I fully support one doing so, but in this case, I believe it was carried for a different purpose than the weapon was intended for. I believe it was being carried to illustrate a point. I fully support one carrying an AR to prove a point, however the execution was poorly planned.
    I thought this was covered already. He wanted to join on our open carry lunch but did not have a handgun. No, it wasn't for self-defense. Even if it would have been, does it make a difference? Do people openly carry rifles to the capitol for self defense? This thread is not about the controversial topic of carrying a rifle, despite what you all have made it in to. It is about the gross over-reaction of law enforcement.

DUDE! The OP's FRIEND'S rude behavior.
    Not you.

Totally missed a word. Sorry.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't necessarily think that taking a long gun into McDonald's is a good idea. I really have no opinion one way or the other. My only concern is the police overreaction and expressing their "opinion" rather than what they are paid to do. Whether or not the police officer believes this to be a smart idea is irrelevant. He could have easily walked in without a commotion and said "Hey, fellas, people are uncomfortable with you having the long gun in here and the manager has expressed that he wants you to leave". That would have been the end of it and everything would have been dandy. If you don't have any more info than "MWAG" when you arrive then whoever took the phone call needs some training.

+1 Excellent statement. I agree that would have been wise leadership but the authorities.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Know that doing so will give an over-zealous prosecutor ammunition to use if you are ever involved in a SD shooting. Why would you go if you felt it was risky enough to carry a weapon when you usually don't? Just looking out.

I thought this was covered already. He wanted to join on our open carry lunch but did not have a handgun. No, it wasn't for self-defense. Even if it would have been, does it make a difference? This thread is not about the controversial topic of carrying a rifle. It is about the gross over-reaction of law enforcement.

You're half wrong/half right

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Understood. Ill cross that bridge when and if.

I doubt that MOST of the current LTCH holders carry 100% of the time they are legally allowed to do so.

I thought this was covered already. He wanted to join on our open carry lunch but did not have a handgun. No, it wasn't for self-defense. Even if it would have been, does it make a difference? Do people openly carry rifles to the capitol for self defense? This thread is not about the controversial topic of carrying a rifle, despite what you all have made it in to. It is about the gross over-reaction of law enforcement.

If the facts are as stated, I'll concede to your point. I wasn't there and I've only heard ONE side of the story.

Top Bottom