Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    climb a fence
    cross a fence
    toe may toe
    toe mah toe

You think constitutional carry will fix the people panicking that someone has a gun? So there have been 0 LEO encounters in constitutional carry states?
    No, if we had constitutional carry he could have carried a handgun.
    No permission slip required.

Change public perception with mentoring.
    I was mentored by my male family members.
    That doesn't happen so much now days.
    I really like the youth hunting programs that the DNR puts on.
    I wish more kids could participate.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    climb a fence
    cross a fence
    toe may toe
    toe mah toe

No, if we had constitutional carry he could have carried a handgun.
    No permission slip required.

Change public perception with mentoring.
    I was mentored by my male family members.
    That doesn't happen so much now days.
    I really like the youth hunting programs that the DNR puts on.
    I wish more kids could participate.

The problem isn't constitutional carry. We have constitutional carry of long guns all day everyday. The problem is that someone called LE because he had a long gun. Wait, what? He was investigated because he legally carried something that we have constitutional carry off? Well, that can't be, we have constitutional carry. Obviously constitutional carry isn't the issue.

Oh, did he mention that he has his LTCH? That's right. A LTCH, and no handgun because he would rather buy from a FFL and is not 21 yet. Constitutional carry is not the issue, nor is him carrying a long gun and not a handgun. The issue is the way LE, and some members on INGO, treated him due to what he was carrying.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I don't think the cops should have been called.
    I really don't.
    It makes me sad.
    Once they were called, they behaved badly IMHO.
    I just can't post that enough.

To address the constitutional carry.
    Earlier, someone surmised that the OP's friend didn't have a LTCH so he had an AR.
    I have been thinking that the whole thing would have been prevented if he had a LTCH and could carry a handgun.
    Hence, my statement.
    Then you posted this:
    The carrier's reasoning from this thread? Didn't have a handgun. If that were my case, I'd do what I have to do. Since it isn't, I won't.
    He didn't have a HANDGUN not a LTCH.
    My bad.

Please strike all comments by me about constitutional carry from the record.
    I realize now the he didn't have a HANDGUN and the LTCH was not an issue.

I still don't agree about carrying an AR into a restaurant, bit I stand corrected on the constitutional carry issue.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    guns%20ronald%20mcdonald%20mcdonalds%201360x768%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperto.com_6.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hey guys. Thought I would let you all know that the McDonald's located on Sixth Street in Vincennes is not a supporter of the second amendment and neither is the Vincennes police department. Went to lunch yesterday with my roommates, me carrying a Glock 19 OWB, one of them carrying an XDM 45 OWB and the other carrying a long rifle (begin the trolling). No awkward looks at of any kind and we sat down and began eating. About fifteen minutes later when we were all finishing up we notice two officers pull up outside on either side of the restaurant. One retrieves a shotgun, the other an AR from his trunk. We watch them both peer through the windows, looking for threats and coming up empty. They enter at the same time, weapons at the low ready scanning for threats, still coming up empty. I greet the officer and ask him how he is doing and he shouts, "Who here has an AR?" My roommate chimes in, "I do sir," and all hell breaks loose.

One officer draws down on us as the other rushes up behind my friend, who is sitting down, and jerks his sling up around his neck while saying "What the **** are you doing?" The officer who removed the weapon, later found out to be a major, then disarms my roommate. The other officer is yelling commands for us to stand up and leave the restaurant, saying it is a lawful order and we must obey it or be arrested. After they realized that wasn't going to work, the major walks up in front of the sales counter, holds the rifle in the air and shouts, "Do you want him in here with this damn rifle!?" At which point someone I assume to be the manager, with a terrified look, shakes her head no. Obviously at this time we chose to step outside. Once outside, four more officers show up out of nowhere and begin demanding state ID. Being that I was carrying a handgun I gave them my LTCH though they continued to press for a DL and threatened me with arrest if I didn't present one. My roommates decided to give their DLs. After running all the information they began to tell us how we would never meet a group of guys who were more pro-second amendment than them, all the while attempting to push their beliefs that open carry is wrong. I had recorded the entire thing, up until they gave us our documents back, sadly at that point in time the camera crashed and did not save any of the video.

A couple notes, my roommate that was carrying the XDm, nor myself were ever disarmed, which I applaud them for. I would also like to thank the man sitting behind us that was saying something along the lines of, "It's legal for him to carry that rifle."

I'd still like to know exactly how the AR was carried and handled in the restaurant by the young man?
    Looks like it was slung over his shoulder.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'd still like to know exactly how the AR was carried and handled in the restaurant by the young man?
    Slung over the shoulder, barrel straight down. For what it's worth, he has been been a member of the military for three years and has put thousands of rounds through that weapon. I can't think of many people I would trust more with a rifle.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Too many pages to read...same old, same old.

Now excuse me while I head out to the street corner to scream "F@&K you! at everyone who passes, and thereby secure my First Amendment rights for posterity."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are so many different lists now.
    Here is the one I was taught

1. Treat every firearm with the same respect due a loaded firearm.
    2. Control the direction of your firearm's muzzle.
    3. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
    4. Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
    5. Unload firearms when not in use.
    6. Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot.
    7. Never climb a fence or tree, or jump a ditch or log, with a loaded firearm.
    8. Never shoot a bullet at a flat, hard surface or water.
    9. Store firearms and ammunition separately.
    10. Avoid alcoholic beverages before or while shooting.

Mostly raised with similar rules. If we were taking a break, we would usually break open the doubles, or lock the bolt back on the SA to show there was no shell in the barrel.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Now excuse me while I head out to the street corner to scream "F@&K you! at everyone who passes, and thereby secure my First Amendment rights for posterity."

To not do so, would show your contempt for liberty.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Slung over the shoulder, barrel straight down. For what it's worth, he has been been a member of the military for three years and has put thousands of rounds through that weapon. I can't think of many people I would trust more with a rifle.

Maj Hassan was in the military a lot longer than that.....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I support the OC of long guns. I support the OC of handguns. I do not OC a long gun for one reason: I do not have one.

I support it and believe it's an inalienable right too. However, I don't do it because I can't think of a good reason to do it.

Attn. Whore: "I need to carry my rifle at a fast food restaurant!"
    JettaKnight: "Why?"
    Attn. Whore: "So the sheep will get used to me exercising my rights!"
    JettaKnight: "OK, Why does everyone need to think that carrying your AR15 while progressing through your normal activities is a sane and normal practice?
    Attn. Whore: "So I can carry around my AR15 without having cops harass me."
    JettaKnight: "Yeah, I get that, but why do you want to carry around a rifle all the time? A handgun, yes, a rifle...???"

:facepalm:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

I think I'm going to file a bunch of frivolous civil suits and demand a trial by jury, my rights! my rights!

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I stopped reading about page....now I want to move the thread to 55 pages. About as productive as it is going to get at this point.

Im absolutely shocked by the publics response to carrying an AR into McDonalds! No cure for stupid.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I support it and believe it's an inalienable right too. However, I don't do it because I can't think of a good reason to do it.

JettaKnight: "Why?"
    Attn. Whore: "So the sheep will get used to me exercising my rights!"
    JettaKnight: "OK, Why does everyone need to think that carrying your AR15 while progressing through your normal activities is a sane and normal practice?
    Attn. Whore: "So I can carry around my AR15 without having cops harass me."
    JettaKnight: "Yeah, I get that, but why do you want to carry around a rifle all the time? A handgun, yes, a rifle...???"

:facepalm:

If that's how you wanna claim to support him, so be it. He does not have a handgun, therefore I will support him unconditionally. If he chose to carry a long gun instead of his handgun or in addition to his handgun, I would still support him unconditionally.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Maj Hassan was in the military a lot longer than that.....
    So he must be mentally unstable and out to kill people? Is that what you're getting at? Why aren't you afraid of those who carry handguns?

Top Bottom