• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    So he must be mentally unstable and out to kill people? Is that what you're getting at? Why aren't you afraid of those who carry handguns?

Oh hardly. I like people who carry guns!

my point is ones background can not determine ones intent and therefore is irrelevant.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Slung over the shoulder, barrel straight down. For what it's worth, he has been been a member of the military for three years and has put thousands of rounds through that weapon. I can't think of many people I would trust more with a rifle.
    Maj Hassan was in the military a lot longer than that.....
    So he must be mentally unstable and out to kill people? Is that what you're getting at? Why aren't you afraid of those who carry handguns?

Seriously?! That's what you got from that exchange?

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

I thought about trying to explain this to you, but I'm beyond done with this thread...:horse: :ugh: :wallbash:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    being in the military doesn't automatically make you a non threat.

A persons background can not predict their intent.

dont read into it any more than that.
    I believe he was using the military background just to show that he was familiar with the weapon platform, not as an example of his character.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I believe he was using the military background just to show that he was familiar with the weapon platform, not as an example of his character.

Regardless, no one else in the McD's had that nugget of information. So when assessing the threat, his actions speak louder than his resume.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Slung over the shoulder, barrel straight down. For what it's worth, he has been been a member of the military for three years and has put thousands of rounds through that weapon. I can't think of many people I would trust more with a rifle.

Three years in and thousands of rounds, either his been in a lot of fire fights or he sucks at qualifying with his weapon. What was his MOS?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Three years in and thousands of rounds, either his been in a lot of fire fights or he sucks at qualifying with his weapon. What was his MOS?

It was a AR15... not a M16, or what ever the military shoots now days. It was his personal gun in which he put 1000's of rounds through.

Top Bottom