• ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Mostly, it comes down to this:
    You're unarmed. You see someone who is armed. You confront them to see if they are up to no good. It turns out they ARE up to no good. Now what? You have no viable means to defend yourself and you just poked the proverbial bear. :stickpoke:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    :dunno: I'm just offering another possible view here. Sometimes people don't necessarily frame their questions in the best manner. It just occured to me, the guy may have just being more curious than accusatory or confrontational. I realize it's entirely possible he was just being a nosey jerk too.
    I understand your point. I just think the two are totally different. VUPD said the guy had an attitude. your cashier was just being friendly/inquisitive.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ever tried to draw and use your weapon against someone at bad breath range who was really trying to stop you?

this isn't part of MY point, just about the 21 ft idea.

Yep, the gun is a non issue at that point when I thunder punch you in the throat. Not that I would punch you or any INGO member in the throat, well, unless I had too.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Yep, the gun is a non issue at that point when I thunder punch you in the throat. Not that I would punch you or any INGO member in the throat, well, unless I had too.

I'm not familiar with a thunder punch, but I'm glad you don't want to do it to me.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What if the cashier asked if you were "ok" to use the tool?
    I've had my ability to handle certain tools questioned because I was a girl. And a gun wasn't one of them. I didn't use my most sarcastic voice when I responded. Expect for that one guy, but he was just rude all the way around; the comment just iced the cake for me.

Funny enough, nobody has "reserved judgement" because he "wasn't there" to see it happen.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I've had my ability to handle certain tools questioned because I was a girl. And a gun wasn't one of them. I didn't use my most sarcastic voice when I responded. Expect for that one guy, but he was just rude all the way around; the comment just iced the cake for me.

Funny enough, nobody has "reserved judgement" because he "wasn't there" to see it happen.

Has it been tweeted about yet?

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    And there's the attitude! LMAO! Are you under cover? Are you embarrassed by it? Or are you confirming my suspicions, that VUPD is the Vincennes University Police Department?
    After I read this comment I gave Scout6a negative feedback. I said "bad form". To this I receive this message in a pm.

"Bad form? The guy looked at all the feedback on a post he started and finally admitted that he let the guy get to him and came right down to this guys level. Hopefully, he'll think about this the next time he has an encounter with John Q Public. He is, after all, a public servant, correct?
    Sometimes people don't like to hear the truth."

I felt it would be best to respond here rather than pm.
    So Yes bad form. you attempted to degrade vupd by trying to call out where you think he works.
    he could be a cop, a soldier, or the guy cleaning the toilets at the restaurant. None of that matters to this situation. It is irrelevant to the argument. So yes, I say bad form.

to vupd. I understand why you were put off by the person asking you about your business. I always find it amazing the people who will walk up to total strangers and speak to them in a manner that would suggest they know each other very well. What I mean is , I had someone walk up to me at a mcdonalds and say "sir, did you know you are printing?" My response was printing what?, he says I can see your gun. and I responded with so? He then started making recommendations for better holsters. I in kind turned him onto ingo.
    this interaction turned out well, what was missing was attitude. if he would have had one, the conversation would have been much different. and a lot shorter.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    After I read this comment I gave Scout6a negative feedback. I said "bad form". To this I receive this message in a pm.

"Bad form? The guy looked at all the feedback on a post he started and finally admitted that he let the guy get to him and came right down to this guys level. Hopefully, he'll think about this the next time he has an encounter with John Q Public. He is, after all, a public servant, correct?
    Sometimes people don't like to hear the truth."

I felt it would be best to respond here rather than pm.
    So Yes bad form. you attempted to degrade vupd by trying to call out where you think he works.
    he could be a cop, a soldier, or the guy cleaning the toilets at the restaurant. None of that matters to this situation. It is irrelevant to the argument. So yes, I say bad form.

to vupd. I understand why you were put off by the person asking you about your business. I always find it amazing the people who will walk up to total strangers and speak to them in a manner that would suggest they know each other very well. What I mean is , I had someone walk up to me at a mcdonalds and say "sir, did you know you are printing?" My response was printing what?, he says I can see your gun. and I responded with so? He then started making recommendations for better holsters. I in kind turned him onto ingo.
    this interaction turned out well, what was missing was attitude. if he would have had one, the conversation would have been much different. and a lot shorter.
    How in the world could you possibly think taking your PRIVATE conversation public was "best?" If this isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For the record, either I misunderstood my pointy-nosed friend, or some of you did. Not really sure which, at this point... But MY point was that I don't get the school of thought that says you avoid something that makes you nervous. I'm not talking abject horror like one might legitimately feel in the presence of clowns, of course, but about seeing someone doing something that makes me believe they're going to be a problem. Some here take the position that being "frightened"(/nervous/concerned/etc) about someone acting in a way that gets MY little voice talking is incongruent with following, watching, approaching, or engaging (hopefully just in conversation) the person.

i read rhino's post as quoting someone else taking that "why would someone confront an armed person" idea and pointing out its flaws... But maybe I misread him. For me, though, I look at it totally differently. Different strokes, I suppose.
    I'm just trying to see if I understand the point you are trying to make. Are you saying that more people should confront an individual when they feel that this individual could potentially be up to no good?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How in the world could you possibly think taking your PRIVATE conversation public was "best?" If this isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black....
    Sounds like a case of "bad form" in return.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    This thread delivers

KatyPerryasElmoKatyPerryhoppingandhopping_890ee9_2447803.gif

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'm just trying to see if I understand the point you are trying to make. Are you saying that more people should confront an individual when they feel that this individual could potentially be up to no good?
    I'm not saying anything about what "more people" should do, other than whatever they think is best for them in their lives.

Top Bottom