This guy is on his way to walmart!!

Liquid Peeps - People Of Walmart

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The thing that is impossible to convey in an internet posting is inflection. The person who confronted me was neither respectful or friendly. I have zero responsibility or interest in being polite as a peach when I get approached in that manner. Given the chance to repeat the encounter there isn't anything I am dying to change about it. I have no duty to educate or a duty to smother you with sweetness when you approach me with an attitude.

Oh! That explains everything. Now I understand why you keep tasing me every time you see me!

​rhino out!

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    He asked you a question. You HAVE to answer him. What's a matter? You embarrassed? :dunno:
    Ohhhh ... You're JUST a Vincennes Univ. wannabe, Is that it?:rolleyes:

Hey Scout, Relax man, VUPD is a gun carrying member of society, just like the rest of us!
    Does it matter where he works?

Where do YOU work?

Dirtbiker,
    To those around me, I am a pretty relaxed guy. I just thought, "what department do you work for" was a fairly simple question that could be answered with a fairly simple answer. VUPD was the one that jumped on the offense and quickly told me it didn't matter, he didn't have to prove himself to anyone and went as far as saying he didn't have to prove IF he even was a police officer. THAT sounds like a guy that needs to relax.

"Where do I work?"
    No worries. My life is pretty much an open book. I retired from the United States Army after 22 1/2 years. I am now self employed and run three businesses. I do remodeling/construction for upscale clients, mainly judges, attorneys, large scale farmers and other self employed business owners. I manage a small diversified farm, raising fruits, vegetables and I am a state licensed egg producer and finally, I run a small business creating 18th century weapons and accouterments that I sell to the reenacting community and collectors around the world. The rest of my time I waste on my hobbies such as hunting, shooting and camping with my family and friends.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :shady::shady::bacondance::bacondance::shady::shady:

I just had to post in this thread so I can follow it and added some bacon because I don't believe I have seen any awesome bacon in this thread yet!!

Carry on folks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Dirtbiker,
    To those around me, I am a pretty relaxed guy. I just thought, "what department do you work for" was a fairly simple question that could be answered with a fairly simple answer. VUPD was the one that jumped on the offense and quickly told me it didn't matter, he didn't have to prove himself to anyone and went as far as saying he didn't have to prove IF he even was a police officer. THAT sounds like a guy that needs to relax.

"Where do I work?"
    No worries. My life is pretty much an open book. I retired from the United States Army after 22 1/2 years. I am now self employed and run three businesses. I do remodeling/construction for upscale clients, mainly judges, attorneys, large scale farmers and other self employed business owners. I manage a small diversified farm, raising fruits, vegetables and I am a state licensed egg producer and finally, I run a small business creating 18th century weapons and accouterments that I sell to the reenacting community and collectors around the world. The rest of my time I waste on my hobbies such as hunting, shooting and camping with my family and friends.

My exact words were "why does it matter?" It was a question, same as yours.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    VUPD, it was simply out of curiosity. If I offended you, my apologies. I don't know you, no more than you know me and my opinions are just that. Carry on.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Dirtbiker,

"Where do I work?"
    I think the point most of us were making is that it doesn't matter where he works. It doesn't even matter that he is a LEO, since it didn't enter into his interaction.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Dirtbiker,

"Where do I work?"

I am human and I get annoyed from time to time, as do most folks. I was particularly annoyed by the way that Mr. Concerned Citizen approached me regarding my carrying of a firearm. His tact (or lack thereof) influenced my response, and I was quite snarky with the man. Could I have whipped out my badge and told him that everything was "OK"? Sure, but that isn't really the point. The guy didn't ask me any logical questions, and opened with "are you OK". It sounded like he was worried that I was not "OK" for God only knows what reasons. I don't owe random strangers any sort of explanations for my behavior, so long as it is within the law. Had Mr. Concerned Citizen changed his demeanor and altered his opening question to something like "do you have a license for that" then perhaps I would have had a different response. I won't be bullied by busybodies and as I said above, I don't owe Joe Schmoe any sort of explanation for perfectly normal (and legal) actions.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    VUPD - you don't have to continue to explain yourself. Most of us understand your views/situation and those of us that don't aren't likely going to change due to further explanation.

Just my two cents :).

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    It's all good, VUPD. I still think the guy deserves a little credit for even noticing your weapon, lack of tact aside. Most sheeple go through their day with blinders on.
    And yes, I do respect the fact that you didn't see a need to just whip out your badge.

Top Bottom