Open carry bike (motorcycle) ride/meet-greet/shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGO Shooters and Scooters T-shirt colors

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So if it was set up poker run style at different gun ranges, I think it would be cool to shoot cards to see who can get the best possible hand.

Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm for it. Just PM me or let me know where to show up. I'm in Fishers area so I'll go almost anywhere in Indiana for a ride.
    I have a buddy that would join also.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I'd do it, but I'm just going to be taking the ABATE BRC this weekend. I don't have a bike...yet.

Make it an annual event and I'll probably be more than ready next year.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I might have a bike by then. Maybe. But if you're going to pick the 21st, it'll have to be in the afternoon for me. Two would be cutting it close but three would be better. Or depending on the route and plans, I might be able to meet up with the group.

I'll keep an eye out for the plans.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Poker runs like this ALWAYS take off early in the morning. No way you could get to 4 or 5 destinations and do everything required if you started at 2:00pm. Some ranges close at 5:00 (I know Eagle Creek does).

Usually you gather between 8:00-9:00, sign in, register, have coffee, etc. Kick stands up at 9:30 and off you go.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Well, let's see. I've been riding Harleys all my life (well, 30 years anyway), and I operate ECPR. We can help make this happen, and we'd be honored to be the staging area for the beginning of the ride - and maybe the end-point too. We could arrange to have some refreshments and maybe have a grill fired up.

I've ridden in hundreds of poker runs and there's no reason we couldn't figure out a really fun activity for participants to engage in while at ECPR.

The only thing we'd need to consider is that - while I respect 100% the right of Indiana citizens to open carry (and do so very often myself, including on my Harleys) - we would still have to ask for compliance with ECPR's range rules, which don't allow loaded or holstered firearms on the premises - except on the firing line.

If that doesn't inspire a storm of protest, Eagle Creek would love to be a part of this.

Guy

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Poker runs like this ALWAYS take off early in the morning. No way you could get to 4 or 5 destinations and do everything required if you started at 2:00pm. Some ranges close at 5:00 (I know Eagle Creek does).

Usually you gather between 8:00-9:00, sign in, register, have coffee, etc. Kick stands up at 9:30 and off you go.

I agree with this, I think we should only really "shoot" or whatever game we have decided on at one location. You and I are on the same page time frame wise.

Well, let's see. I've been riding Harleys all my life (well, 30 years anyway), and I operate ECPR. We can help make this happen, and we'd be honored to be the staging area for the beginning of the ride - and maybe the end-point too. We could arrange to have some refreshments and maybe have a grill fired up.

I've ridden in hundreds of poker runs and there's no reason we couldn't figure out a really fun activity for participants to engage in while at ECPR.

The only thing we'd need to consider is that - while I respect 100% the right of Indiana citizens to open carry (and do so very often myself, including on my Harleys) - we would still have to ask for compliance with ECPR's range rules, which don't allow loaded or holstered firearms on the premises - except on the firing line.

If that doesn't inspire a storm of protest, Eagle Creek would love to be a part of this.

Guy

Thanks Guy! I really appreciate all of the help you are willing to offer. I think ECPR would be a great staging location. If we can all agree on this for a staging location, we may be able to plan a route of some sort.

I really love the ideas that are coming in. Keep 'em coming, I don't want to take all of the credit for this!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    One thing to consider: ECPR closes to the public at 5:00 pm, but under my contract with the city, we can shoot until 6:00 pm.

How about a private range for an hour?

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If Guy has ECPR as a start/stop to the event I am in if we have enough staff working at ECPR that day. I don't want to leave the RO's short handed.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    If Guy has ECPR as a start/stop to the event I am in if we have enough staff working at ECPR that day. I don't want to leave the RO's short handed.

That is a critical point and I agree 100%, but with a little advance notice and planning, I'm sure we can make it happen.

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I agree with this, I think we should only really "shoot" or whatever game we have decided on at one location. You and I are on the same page time frame wise.

Thanks Guy! I really appreciate all of the help you are willing to offer. I think ECPR would be a great staging location. If we can all agree on this for a staging location, we may be able to plan a route of some sort.

I really love the ideas that are coming in. Keep 'em coming, I don't want to take all of the credit for this!

Think it would be a great staging location, just need to plan a few more places.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    we would still have to ask for compliance with ECPR's range rules, which don't allow loaded or holstered firearms on the premises - except on the firing line.

How would one go about disarming/rearming for an open carry ride with these rules? Would you be able to designate a corner of the parking lot for riders to unload when they show up or would you expect everyone to arrive with an unloaded firearm? I understand rules are rules, so I'm not looking to complain; I just want to figure out the logistics.

PS, thank you for offering to help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom