• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Let me explain it, first drop the word weak, replace it with the word vulnerable. Preying on the vulnerable.

My daughter is very intelligent and from about age 9 I taught her how that could be a weakness. Intelligence does not equate to street smarts. An intelligent child is no match for a motivated, focused, savy, street smart adult. The smart kids think they have it under control but they don't know squat. They don't know or understand evil.

An adult with half the IQ can and will outsmart an intelligent child.

The other issue is adults tend to treat children who look like adults as adults. They are not adults. Along with that, parents of these kids often give them too long a leash and way too much freedom to make their own decsions. Hence why they look like an adult in the first place.

Then along comes the molester.

:+1:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Well god help you all when you find out what teenage girls are actually into these days because there's gonna be a lot of boyfriend killins and suicides around here.

Mine is 14... let a MAN get anywhere near my daughter and my wife will read these posts to me in jail, if she doesn't beat me to a gun...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mine is 14... let a MAN get anywhere near my daughter and my wife will read these posts to me in jail, if she doesn't beat me to a gun...

All I can say is pray daily that you never have to make that choice. Three years ago, I was forced to, and I decided my family needed me more than I needed revenge. Not too long ago, my daughter (now 17) hugged me and thanked me for being there for her.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I was out of town over the weekend and away from the net.
    I have been slowly catching up on the news reports and this sure seems like a mess for all involved .
    What a sad situation for a supposed mentor and coach to take advantage of a student in this way. He deserves everything he gets

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    If we focus on the positive, this Jesse chick is now single, on the rebound and owns her own guns.

Good point...

Still this girl is probably ruined at least for a while. Hopefully her family unit is strong and she can make a recovery and a quick one.

As for the dirtbag.........they like them there types in the pen.....a lot.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    :dunno:So now that the evil Billy Abbate is in jail, the threat is over right?

I know that I sometimes fail to remember that all of the people who agree with me politically and who have similar interests are not necessarily good people. Most of them are, but I think too many of us are a little too trusting of other shooters just because they are shooters. Any group can have a variety of very bad people among them.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    I know that I sometimes fail to remember that all of the people who agree with me politically and who have similar interests are not necessarily good people. Most of them are, but I think too many of us are a little too trusting of other shooters just because they are shooters. Any group can have a variety of very bad people among them.

INDEED.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    :dunno:So now that the evil Billy Abbate is in jail, the threat is over right?

For those of us with young daughters this threat is never over .
    This particular situation is talked about here because those that are effected are involved in the sport that we all enjoy. We know their names and recognize their images,some of us have followed their carreers closely.
    This is a bad situation, I am really concerned about the time lag between the incident and the reporting of it.

I just helped my youngest move into the dorm at IU and I am sure that she is tired of hearing my speeches about situational awareness and being very careful about who you put your trust in.

kettlebell03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    What really saddens me about this whole situation is that it will follow this girl around for a long time. While most, if not all, of the legal blame should be assigned to Billy she was in a professional position with responsibilities entrusted to her. These responsibilities included positively representing the shooting sports, and being a professional representative for Glock's products, among others. Just by being involved in this affair (even through no fault of her own) she has compromised her ability to fulfill her duties.

The tragedy in this is particularly stunning given the advantages that this young girl had over other shooters. A supportive and connected family, the opportunity to travel and train with some of the top shooters in the world, and full sponsorship with one of the leading firearms manuacturers. Many of us would love to have these opportunities, and they have been rendered useless by poor decision making.

The ramifications of this situation are wide ranging. When I think about all of the people affected by this it makes me sad: Dave, Randi, and everyone else at Team Glock, the girl's parents, Jessie, and I'm sure many others. When you're a professional representative to a company and in the spotlight, as this girl was, the situations you are involved in will have wide ranging consequences.

As of about an hour ago - Randi posted on FB that Team Glock has not been disbanded and she and Tori will be finishing their season. So who knows....

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    What really saddens me about this whole situation is that it will follow this girl around for a long time. While most, if not all, of the legal blame should be assigned to Billy she was in a professional position with responsibilities entrusted to her. These responsibilities included positively representing the shooting sports, and being a professional representative for Glock's products, among others. Just by being involved in this affair (even through no fault of her own) she has compromised her ability to fulfill her duties.

Ummm not really seeing this

Last edited:
    Top Bottom