• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Just by being involved in this affair (even through no fault of her own) she has compromised her ability to fulfill her duties.

Unless you or anyone else in this thread has access to more information about what happened than is available to the rest of us through the media, I find this statement to be very presumptuous. To assume you know the nature of what happened, and what (if any) responsibility this girl had for it is just plain wrong in the absence of facts to support that.

Lots of opinions here in this thread and few facts. I choose to forego opinions unless I have facts that support them. Just sayin' that might be a good choice for some others here...

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Public Statement by Dave Sevigny, 9/28/11

by Dave Sevigny on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 4:57pm

Now that my 2011 season is over I wish to address what at least one person has referred to as "the elephant in the room". Elephant in the Room | Sass, Brass & Bullets

Please rest assured, I am as shocked as anyone regarding the accusations involving Billy Abbate and a fifteen year old minor. It has been incredibly hurtful to hear some people are speculating that I may have also been involved. Nothing could be further from the truth. Let me be clear: I am not a suspect, nor will I ever be. I also was not a witness to any inappropriate behavior between the two, nor did I have any reason to suspect much less know that Abbate was engaging in a secret and illegal affair with the minor girl.

I have heard criticisms that I somehow should have known about the secret relationship between the minor and Mr. Abbate. I don’t see how, especially when I was not told the truth about their “friendship”. In fact, the family of the minor and Mr. Abbate had a closer relationship than I ever did with either party. I have also heard rumors that I engaged in lewd or distasteful acts with the minor. Rest assured, these disgusting rumors are patently false. I don't know if a specific individual is purposely spreading lies or if people are just widely speculating that I must somehow be involved because of my recent departure from my old sponsor. Regardless, I want to set the record straight and hope this puts an end to these sickening rumors.

Throughout my eleven year association with my former sponsor (eight years of which I served as an employee), I was completely loyal to the company. I acted as a mentor to numerous shooting team members and built a winning record of 150+ major championship wins using products from this company. I am proud of what I have accomplished. Some have said that I am taking the rest of the year off. While I am done competing this season by choice, I will rise above this unfortunate incident and will work hard on building a brand that will endure, just like I did before.

Respectfully,
    Dave Sevigny

ipsc1719

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    There appears to have been some holes in his statement which have come to light since Sevigny posted that statement. I heard investigations into this case are far from over in several states and also the feds. It will be interesting to see what does or does not come out in the future.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There appears to have been some holes in his statement which have come to light since Sevigny posted that statement. I heard investigations into this case are far from over in several states and also the feds. It will be interesting to see what does or does not come out in the future.

Got any links for confirmation of this?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

So . . .

1. Who are you?
    2. Do you have examples of the "holes" to which you refer above?
    3. Where did you "hear" about the investigations?

Top Bottom