• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    he has a lot of cash MILLIONS and good atty and glock wont want anymore dirty laundry shared and her family wont as well i bet

I say he gets a light sentence family gets a pay off....(as crude as it sounds it might happen) plus his group of investors will run as well i bet....he is a hunk of ****

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Agreed.
    It also might be of assistance to other parents who think it might be "OK" to allow their young teenage daughters to be sexualized in photography.:twocents:

Seriously! The sexualization of teen and even pre teen girls makes me sick to my stomach. You can't walk through the mall without seeing ridiculous outfits on these young women. Why aren't they being taught that their self worth has nothing to do with their sex appeal?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    she's a public figure, gave up the right of anonimity a long time ago. Sure the cops won't announce it, doesn't mean we can talk about it here amongst ourselves.

I'm sure every other USPSA shooter came to the same conclusion.

IMO, it's one thing to gossip among the sewing circle. Another to say on a public forum "here's the victim." I'm a USPSA shooter, but I don't follow the sponsorships or teams closely at all, and I'd have never known if you hadn't said it here. Not to mention all the other non-uspsa shooters seeing this thread (I saw 45 people viewing the sports forum when this was posted... most ever?).

:twocents:

-rvb

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    she's a public figure, gave up the right of anonimity a long time ago. Sure the cops won't announce it, doesn't mean we can talk about it here amongst ourselves.

I'm sure every other USPSA shooter came to the same conclusion.

I guess a mod doesn't think it's okay for me to post her pic but it was okay when everyone made lewd comments about her when we talked about her joining Team Glock and I had to remind a few that she was only 15...

I have a 14yo daughter... I know what the bounderies are and really don't need to be policed here....

IMO, it's one thing to gossip among the sewing circle. Another to say on a public forum "here's the victim." I'm a USPSA shooter, but I don't follow the sponsorships or teams closely at all, and I'd have never known if you hadn't said it here. Not to mention all the other non-uspsa shooters seeing this thread (I saw 45 people viewing the sports forum when this was posted... most ever?).

-rvb

Guys thanks for bringing up two sides of a touchy coin.

We (the Staff) agree with portions of both views, but decided to err on the side of caution and removed the picture.

Thanks for your understanding.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Seriously! The sexualization of teen and even pre teen girls makes me sick to my stomach. You can't walk through the mall without seeing ridiculous outfits on these young women. Why aren't they being taught that their self worth has nothing to do with their sex appeal?

part of me sees this in two ways:

one: the old man perv appeal

second: in my case, my daughter sees a girl close to her age doing "boyish" things, yet still can be girl like, with hair and makeup, etc.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Guys thanks for bringing up two sides of a touchy coin.

We (the Staff) agree with portions of both views, but decided to err on the side of caution and removed the picture.

Thanks for your understanding.

it's okay, it's not like there aren't plenty of her in previous threads ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

-rvb

understood... and again, I'm only guessing.

I've been trying for ages to get my daughter to come out and shoot with me, so this sucks...

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    With all the charges thus far, I doubt he'll be able to skate under the radar with this. Just a shame :noway:

Henry County businessman charged with child molestation, rape - CBS Atlanta News, Weather, Sports, Traffic - WGCL 46

another news story, apparently pictures were also taken.

He was denied bond, so he is going to sit in there until the trail, unless his lawyers can get him out on bond, but I would suspect that he is considered a flight risk since he access to planes, money and is a pilot.

http://www.henryherald.com/news/2011/aug/19/shooting-coach-businessman-facing-molestation-char/

I think the statements in this new article make it pretty clear. This is just a sad situation for everyone involved.

Last edited:

kettlebell03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Henry County businessman charged with child molestation, rape - CBS Atlanta News, Weather, Sports, Traffic - WGCL 46

another news story, apparently pictures were also taken.

He was denied bond, so he is going to sit in there until the trail, unless his lawyers can get him out on bond, but I would suspect that he is considered a flight risk since he access to planes, money and is a pilot.

Henry Daily Herald | Shooting coach, businessman facing molestation charges

I think the statements in this new article make it pretty clear. This is just a sad situation for everyone involved.

That's just messed up.....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I guess a mod doesn't think it's okay for me to post her pic but it was okay when everyone made lewd comments about her when we talked about her joining Team Glock and I had to remind a few that she was only 15...

Pardon me. I was not aware that such comments existed. I would absolutely have put a stop to it had I seen it. No, I don't think posting her picture and implying that she was the likely target of a pedophile was appropriate on INGO.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I understand where you are coming from Scutter, you don't know her or the fact that we've discussed her recently after joining Team Glock. You couldn't know the context of our conversations of this up and coming junior shooter or the fact we've shared tons of pictures of her and Jesse, the perp's soon to be ex-wife.

I'll go back an remove her name from this thread as well.

kettlebell03

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Copied from: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=464186

"Team Glock was dissolved supposedly as a result of a scandal that has just recently come to light, according to press reports today, one of the teams trainers, Billy Abbate, former husband of Team Glock's Jessie Abbate and a Glock Team Trainer (supposedly the divorce was final about two months ago) was charged with

■Aggravated Child Molestation
    ■Child molestation
    ■Statutory Rape
    ■Sexual Exploitation of Children
    ■Enticing a Child for Indecent Purposes.

No bail, federal charges pending for it happening across state lines.

The alleged victim was one of the 15 year old female Glock team members."

I was unaware that Abbate was an official team coach for Glock. I thought his only connection to them was through Jessie. Crazy.....

Last edited:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Wow. Looks like this sicko managed to utterly screw up an incredible life--gorgeous and talented wife, travel, guns...lots and lots of shooting!!!--and it just wasn't enough somehow. Incredibly sad that he would choose to not only throw it all away, but that he would muck up a FIFTEEN year old GIRL's life to do it. To put it into the least offensive words I can think of right now, I seriously hope he gets the worst that all the other inmates can possibly dish out in whatever prison he finds himself incarcerated. Sick, sick, sick. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    WOW!
    So many things about this news.
    1. I hope justice is served.
    2. Lots of comments in this thread by people we have not seen before.
    3. Gut feeling is that Dave S. is not guilty of of anything with this. Maybe I am just hoping that is the case. He might have been drug down by it but may be a victim himself. For example,Team dissolved because of it but he did not know or do anything.
    4. Billy Abbate stepped across the line no question but the parents of the victim share some responsibility as well. Their trust of a friend was violated but they should have had more closely monitored the situation.
    5. I could confine myself to just Jesse, and forsake all others.
    6. We all suspect who the victim is but that might not be the case. Be patient everyone.

Good point BWFRAME on the pattern.

Top Bottom