• ...and so much more!
  • Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    I’m not watching the Olympics, but I’m seeing pictures of the shooters all over the place and for the life of me I can’t figure out what the guns they are using are. They all look like sci-fi props. Are they using actual firearms or are they dressed up airguns?

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks, to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I’m not watching the Olympics, but I’m seeing pictures of the shooters all over the place and for the life of me I can’t figure out what the guns they are using are. They all look like sci-fi props. Are they using actual firearms or are they dressed up airguns?
    All of them I’ve seen (pictures) are air (bb, pellet ?) guns. There may be others but I’ve not seen them.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I don't watch that pointless crap either, but the ones that have been posted everywhere are airguns.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Olympic target 22s are pretty wild. Even the older ones. the airguns are weirder.

Most are in 22 short.

Here is an 80s Beretta one.

1722635229836.png

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    images-80-696x391.jpeg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Y'all need to get out more. High quality precision firearms are rarely produced from an injection molder using black polymer pellets. And the people who shoot them don't do mag dumps. Just sayin'...LOL

If you aren't doing a mag dump into a trash can, are you really even shooting?

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Only 2 types i seen while watching the shooting matches were rifle with abunch of scrap looking do-hickies stacked on each other with some eye piece looking tiny scope and then the pistol with a funky wood hand grip enclosure aroubd the hand. It also was iron sights. Both setups were single shot hand loaded pellet guns with small lever to close the chamber. Air guns at their weirdest looks. I understand why the pistol had the enclosed hand grips..because they are shot 1 handed at 10m.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Pretty sad, the state of US competitiveness in the shooting sports. Just 1 silver medal so far. China has 7 Medals, Korea 5.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bam1127
    Top Bottom