• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    One handed shooting is interesting to me. Maybe runners should only be able to hop on one leg? And swimmers must perform in a mermaid outfit so both legs work as one.

Beach Volleyball should also only allow the use of one hand.

How about archery? One handed only.

Let’s make the Olympics Great Again!
    A lot of sports do that.. soccer. Even gridiron football, there are restrictions on what you can and can't do with hands and feet.

Its also the original and classic shooting style. It was taught in the Armed Forces well into the 60s.
    (This is the tactical version, but its still basically the one handed Olympic style

And OI, I am one of the few one handed shooters around, are you telling me I am doing it wrong?
    The modern two handed death grip is a relatively newish thing..compared to the pistol itself.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    A lot of sports do that.. soccer. Even gridiron football, there are restrictions on what you can and can't do with hands and feet.

Its also the original and classic shooting style. It was taught in the Armed Forces well into the 60s.
    (This is the tactical version, but its still basically the one handed Olympic style

And OI, I am one of the few one handed shooters around, are you telling me I am doing it wrong?
    The modern two handed death grip is a relatively newish thing..compared to the pistol itself.

Thanks for sharing! You definitely aren’t wrong. It’s just interesting having single handed shooting as a sport. No different than synchronized diving. Just an odd set of rules for a sport.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side

Video reminds me of Magnum Force.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    No (the guy from Turkey doesn't wear it). But the competitors find it helps them tune out the noise around them,
    Beat me

Everyone said he didn’t have any hearing pro or fancy eye gear but he had foam plugs in I watched him they were deep and orange

charleybravo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2024
    Nashville, Indiana
    images-80-696x391.jpeg
    This guy was ice!

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Thanks for sharing! You definitely aren’t wrong. It’s just interesting having single handed shooting as a sport. No different than synchronized diving. Just an odd set of rules for a sport.
    because that style of shooting focuses on fundamentals and precision.

There are some sports that still resemble their practical applications (running, swimming) but most of the olympic sports are highly stylized with specific and comprehensive rulesets and little relation to practical applications. Weightlifting vs moving furniture. Olympic rowing vs a boat you'd actually rent. Good luck getting the general public to accept USPSA as an Olympic sport or convincing most other countries to allow people to practice it.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    This is what High Standard was making back in 1962, the 102 series known as the "Space Gun". By these standards what they shoot today has hardly kept up...
    1723554510883.png

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Probably doesn't seem so odd to this guy.

There are many different shooting sports disciplines. As stated as soon as something becomes a hard core competition the rules can become interesting and take on a life of their own.

1723555002286.jpeg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    because that style of shooting focuses on fundamentals and precision.

There are some sports that still resemble their practical applications (running, swimming) but most of the olympic sports are highly stylized with specific and comprehensive rulesets and little relation to practical applications. Weightlifting vs moving furniture. Olympic rowing vs a boat you'd actually rent. Good luck getting the general public to accept USPSA as an Olympic sport or convincing most other countries to allow people to practice it.
    Crew or Rowing is what put me through college. It could hardly be compared to propelling a Jon boat.

Your feet are strapped into shoes that are bolted to the keel and you sit on a slide that rolls on tracks while using an oar over 12' long. Sculling, using 2 oars, is done in the same way but the oars are shorter and your hands cross over each other every stroke. Most skulls are set up for the port or left hand to cross above the starboard or right hand.

I had to Denny this, sorry... now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Top Bottom