• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Y'all need to get out more. High quality precision firearms are rarely produced from an injection molder using black polymer pellets. And the people who shoot them don't do mag dumps. Just sayin'...LOL
    Will take that into consideration if my main consideration in firearms selection is punching tiny holes really close together on a piece of paper on a one-way range.

:)

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    That Walther is a 22lr pistol used in Bullseye shooting. They are using air pistols (pellets).

View attachment 370542
    Very similar to my LP5. Mine is a 5 shot repeater using a harmonica magazine. A 13 year old girl used one last week to shoot a 39x40 and win high lady/high junior at the IHMSA silhouette Championship in Kentucky.

Her mom used an Anschutz bolt action 22 handgun to shoot 59x60, tying for 2nd overall in that event among 34 shooters in that category. Targets ranged from 25m-100m.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Vincent Hancock and his training partner went 1-2 in Mens skeet medal round. It was Hancocks 4th gold medal in the same event in 4 olympiads, joining only 3 other American athletes, Al Orter (discus I think, maybe shot put) Carl Lewis in Long Jump, and Michael Phelps in a swimming event.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Kim Rhodes used to be the leading Gold medal winning Olympian, with 6, or 7 Gold medals, but haven’t heard much from her, if she’s competing..

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Vincent Hancock and his training partner went 1-2 in Mens skeet medal round. It was Hancocks 4th gold medal in the same event in 4 olympiads, joining only 3 other American athletes, Al Orter (discus I think, maybe shot put) Carl Lewis in Long Jump, and Michael Phelps in a swimming event.
    Add Katie Ledecky to this list ... 4x Gold in 800 Freestyle!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Of all the guns the trap shotguns will be the most recognizable to you all. They are all high end over unders.

The gunny often had one of the US lady trap shooters on his show

IMG_9719.jpeg

Beretta DT-11 wins another gold medal, Hancock shoots a 30” gun. I am interested to see if he switches to an SL2 next year. Apparently the DT11 has won more medals than any other shotgun now, they are very very nice shotguns.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Pretty sad, the state of US competitiveness in the shooting sports. Just 1 silver medal so far. China has 7 Medals, Korea 5.
    Motivation and dedication. We all do it just for fun. They're selected by the party and trained from an even earlier age, structured training not just cans and squirrel hunting out back. Culture of perfectionism (note the high suicide rates in eastern countries if that perfection isn't met). Their family's taken care of while they train and while they're winning. If they lose, back to the sweat shop, they're just another of (several) million warm bodies.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    An INGO Trainer (From afar...) helped start Hancock on his road by helping out the local 4-H trap/skeet stuff years and years ago.

A more regular INGO trainer-adjacent feller from Terre Haute actually knows the other trainer IRL...

So we now have a 2x separation to a 4x gold medal winner here on INGO. So that's kind of neat to someone who thinks like I do.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    One handed shooting is interesting to me. Maybe runners should only be able to hop on one leg? And swimmers must perform in a mermaid outfit so both legs work as one.

Beach Volleyball should also only allow the use of one hand.

How about archery? One handed only.

Let’s make the Olympics Great Again!

Top Bottom