• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was in a lgs the other day. A couple was in there looking for a pistol for her. It was a small shop and I was browsing. I heard the guy ask the clerk about ammo and the clerk said, "man its so hard to get ammo right now, you wouldn't believe". The girl replied, "well its a good thing we can still get bullets". The clerk and I just looked at each other at the same time in disbelief without saying a word. I just said "wow"

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I was in a lgs the other day. A couple was in there looking for a pistol for her. It was a small shop and I was browsing. I heard the guy ask the clerk about ammo and the clerk said, "man its so hard to get ammo right now, you wouldn't believe". The girl replied, "well its a good thing we can still get bullets". The clerk and I just looked at each other at the same time in disbelief without saying a word. I just said "wow"

And yet, she might have had a point... :whistle:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    A buddy hands me his lady-Smith and sez "check out this here pistol !"
    I drop the mag and its loaded.
    I clear it and there is one in the pipe.
    "Don't hand he a loaded gun without telling me its loaded" I sez
    "The safety was on so it wouldnt fire." he sez
    A few months later we we go to trade his smith in on a 6-gun at Kirby road gun store (out of business years ago), and he does the same thing to the gun store guy, who cusses him out like a red headed step child. When we were leaving my buddy sez "That fella don't know much about guns, the safety was on so it wouldn't fire.":bash:

Well, at least he's a good enough buddy to let you use his x-ray for your avatar.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    the owner and all employees are now piling on and agreeing with him while kind of brow beating the customer. Ole' boy goes on to brag about all the shotguns and rifles he confiscated from vehicles over the years...

Man...stuff like that makes me want to mount a gun rack in my ride, toss in my shotgun or AR and just drive up in front of their door and beep relentlessly.

th

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Lemme guess... super skinny guy with peach fuzz mustache?

I'm not sure who that is but if Cameron is in there, I'll try to wait for him before asking to look at something. The older woman (Sharon, I think) has been helpful as well. Funny this is, one time I had a question she couldn't answer so she waited until she could grab Cameron even though one of the other guys was standing around staring off into space. That guy is one of the local LEO guys that usually gives weird answers or flat out lies. He tried talking a friend out of a Kimber and into a RIA .45 because they were basically the same thing and neither were as good as a Glock. The friend had shot my Glock 27 and my 1911 and he was naturally a better shot with the 1911. He knew which Kimber he wanted going into the shop. He saw that I was OC'ing my Glock 27 and complained about OC. He finally shut up when I said I hate CC because I end up with a bulge in my skinny jeans (while wearing baggy cargo pants). There is a pretty big guy in there that has been really good to deal with, usually see him behind the counter on the side with the wall of ARs and other goodies.

About half the guys in the Elkhart shop, I won't even take the time to talk to them. There is a younger, kind of goofy guy there that is pretty decent. One of the LEO that works in there was questioning my AR pistol, not to me...just in general, and the goofy kid had to remind him that it was simply a pistol as there was no possibly way to put a stock on the buffer tube. That LEO guy was kind of funny when we rented an HK G36 and an MP5SD. Said he didn't even know any cops that could handle them like that. Both are really easy to keep on target on rock 'n roll, especially the MP5SD. That guy sold an older couple a S&W Sigma 9mm and talked them into buying a couple boxes of .40S&W. I helped them break down the magazine and offered to buy the .40 so they could get the proper ammo without wasting money.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I'm not sure who that is but if Cameron is in there, I'll try to wait for him before asking to look at something. The older woman (Sharon, I think) has been helpful as well. Funny this is, one time I had a question she couldn't answer so she waited until she could grab Cameron even though one of the other guys was standing around staring off into space. That guy is one of the local LEO guys that usually gives weird answers or flat out lies. He tried talking a friend out of a Kimber and into a RIA .45 because they were basically the same thing and neither were as good as a Glock. The friend had shot my Glock 27 and my 1911 and he was naturally a better shot with the 1911. He knew which Kimber he wanted going into the shop. He saw that I was OC'ing my Glock 27 and complained about OC. He finally shut up when I said I hate CC because I end up with a bulge in my skinny jeans (while wearing baggy cargo pants). There is a pretty big guy in there that has been really good to deal with, usually see him behind the counter on the side with the wall of ARs and other goodies.

About half the guys in the Elkhart shop, I won't even take the time to talk to them. There is a younger, kind of goofy guy there that is pretty decent. One of the LEO that works in there was questioning my AR pistol, not to me...just in general, and the goofy kid had to remind him that it was simply a pistol as there was no possibly way to put a stock on the buffer tube. That LEO guy was kind of funny when we rented an HK G36 and an MP5SD. Said he didn't even know any cops that could handle them like that. Both are really easy to keep on target on rock 'n roll, especially the MP5SD. That guy sold an older couple a S&W Sigma 9mm and talked them into buying a couple boxes of .40S&W. I helped them break down the magazine and offered to buy the .40 so they could get the proper ammo without wasting money.

Ya, as with any line of work, you have good ones and bad ones. Some actually know their stuff, while others will blow smoke just to make a sale. Me... I'm somewhere in between depending on whether the customer is a douche or not.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Cameron is a nice guy and I have dealt with him. Brian is the big guy. He is one of the Managers and works at both stores. Josh is the younger guy at the Elkhart store. He is very well read and can just rattle off stats on just about anything you throw at him. The LEO is Bret he is the Armorer for LaGrange County. He is also a good guy. Some people don't like Midwest Guns and they do have some noobs but they have been good to me. I generally get 30% on accessories. I bought a Galco King Tuk for $42. Midway wanted $59. Plus I will always support my LGS.

Sorry for jacking the thread but wanted to fill in the gaps.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The gun counter at the local Rural King has proven to be a hot spot for a good laugh or a golden opportunity to teach the ignorant. (I mean that literally and with no disrespect, some people are just ignorant of facts. But some are just plain stupid) This has come from both sides of the counter too unfortunately. I know our fellow INGOer .452Browning works the counter there on occasion and I know he knows his stuff. But a couple of those guys need to spend some more time on the range and less at the counter.

I stopped by on Monday and over heard a couple of good old boys talking. I can't remember exactly what was said but it was something along the lines of ARs are going to be illegal after Jan 1 so he was going to buy an AK because they are imported and can't be banned. :n00b:.

several of the people that get pulled behind the counter have no idea what they are doing really. Just recently we lost one guy to knee surgery but gained a guy pretty gun smart. I have corrected so many statements from customers it borders on ridiculous. Such as clips vs. mags, conceal carry vs. ltch, bayonets are illegal, AR's are assault rifles, carry license is going away, .22 has killed more people than any other caliber, 9mm is for sissies, .45 kills you and you disappear into a cloud of smoke along with 3 generations of your family, a man always knows what his wife/gf should carry, etc, etc. after a while I just listen to their conversations and chuckle under my breath. If I spent all day correcting customers I would never accomplish anything. I just let them talk unless they are directly asking me the question.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Recently at work this girl who is dull as paint flakes tells me she wants to buy a gun because she's scared of getting raped. I ease into this convo because she is not really the "rapable" type, at least not for me. She goes on to say that she is really jumpy and nervous when she gets home so she wants something to protect herself so she is looking for suggestions on what type of gun she should get. I give her a few and tell her the first thing she needs to do is take a few firearms courses and get familiar before she starts carrying. She stops me and says "I know, I just want to know when I can shoot someone"...I looked at her and said, why don't you forget the gun and go get a can of pepper spray.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Recently at work this girl who is dull as paint flakes tells me she wants to buy a gun because she's scared of getting raped. I ease into this convo because she is not really the "rapable" type, at least not for me. She goes on to say that she is really jumpy and nervous when she gets home so she wants something to protect herself so she is looking for suggestions on what type of gun she should get. I give her a few and tell her the first thing she needs to do is take a few firearms courses and get familiar before she starts carrying. She stops me and says "I know, I just want to know when I can shoot someone"...I looked at her and said, why don't you forget the gun and go get a can of pepper spray.

Is it wrong that I chuckled? I'm deciding if I need to rep or not.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw

Wow...:popcorn:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Please, for the record, describe what that "type" might be then...

Obviously someone doesn't watch enough Law and Order SVU.

Seriously though folks that was a pretty ignorant comment. Rape is often an act if violence and has little to do with physical appearance.

I think I might think twice about selling her gun after the question about shooting people though.

Top Bottom