• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Customer: I can get this gun @ shop x for $6 cheaper. You need to match them
    Shop: Sorry sir, that's a low price firearm, it's priced @ lowest possible cost.
    Customer: Fine, I'm going to shop x.
    Shop: Sorry sir, have a good day.

Note: Shop X is ~60 miles 1-way, & in different state. Gun was GSG 1911. 120 mile round trip & $20 xfer fee from the guy that goes to shop x on Saturdays to bring back xfers . Hmmm, $6 savings, what a bargain

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Gander Mt told an older lady who they sold a sw sigma 40 too. "Start of with Fmj practice bullets, after you get where you can hit stuff with that I will sell you real bullets".WTF fmj rounds are non lethal nerf gun darts?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Customer: I can get this gun @ shop x for $6 cheaper. You need to match them
    Shop: Sorry sir, that's a low price firearm, it's priced @ lowest possible cost.
    Customer: Fine, I'm going to shop x.
    Shop: Sorry sir, have a good day.

Note: Shop X is ~60 miles 1-way, & in different state. Gun was GSG 1911. 120 mile round trip & $20 xfer fee from the guy that goes to shop x on Saturdays to bring back xfers . Hmmm, $6 savings, what a bargain

Tripping over $5.00 bills to pick up quarters...................:dunno:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Man, I could write a book filled with stuff from BOTH sides of the counter.
    Easy one. I really don't know anything about these guns.
    Yeah, I do that. I'm not gonna BS my way through something I don't know. cough*muzzleloaders*cough
    However, when I don't know, I do my dangedest to hook you up with whoever does.
    We all kind of have our niches...It's nice to have that, actually.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I got one.

Young guy behind the counter started bragging to this older couple about how much he knew about AR15's. Even called one of the other guys over and said "tell them about all the AR15's I have built".

The older man then said to the young guy behind the counter "that's nice, but I really don't care. I just want to buy that 38 special revolver."

It was at one of my preferred gun shops.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I am looking for a revolver in either 454 casull or 500 smith and wesson.
    What are you planing to hunt with it?
    Oh I don't hunt, I just want to do some plinking.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Outdoorsman on 135, couple years ago...customer is bringing in a highpower bolt rifle to be worked on and/or traded for something else. Seems he "didn't have confidence" in it anymore, couldn't hit anything with it, and was either going to get it fixed or move 'er down the road. "Check the trigger on this thing," he says. I hear a snap behind me, then the sound of the bolt being worked, then...the sound of a metallic "clink" as something hits the floor. "Oh yeah," the customer says, "I always keep that in there, it protects the firing pin." I had to turn around and look at his dummy round rolling around on the floor, just so my eyes would believe my ears.

I got out of there...immediately. My footsteps on their creaky wooden floor were a little faster going out, than coming in. (I'm lucky my ears aren't ringing uncontrollably to this day, not to mention the fact that there were archery shooters directly overhead where this happened...a 3,000 fps rifle bullet goes through a lot of floor). Needless to say, I don't shoot archery there anymore, either.

Second place award for me goes to Gander Mountain, anytime I hear them giving their ripoff schpiel to an inexperienced gun buyer about how you "Need to buy our $XX protection plan" or whatever the heck it is, you know the drill..."If anything happens to the gun, we'll completely cover the cost of sending it back for you and if you ship yourself, it's going to cost yadda yadda..."

The first example was one inexcusable slip-up by an employee on a bad day, but Gander is stupid every day of the week, by matter of management policy.

I prefer to deal with reputable places like Beech Grove, Plainfield SS, Elmore's, USDS, and Indiana Gun Club (best kept secret on the NE side). I haven't had any problems with any of them.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Here's one from the other side of the table / counter. A friend of mine was set up at a gun show. A young man walked up and picked up a handgun. Looked it over from every conceivable angle and said "Does this come with an extra magazine"? My friend told him no and he said "My buddy said not to buy it if it doesn't come with an extra magazine". IT WAS A REVOLVER.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Today I heard that a .30-06 pretty much shoots the same bullet as the .243.

They are both pointy on one end and have a primer on the other end. If you want to get all technical about bullet diameter and cartridge length...

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Here's one from the other side of the table / counter. A friend of mine was set up at a gun show. A young man walked up and picked up a handgun. Looked it over from every conceivable angle and said "Does this come with an extra magazine"? My friend told him no and he said "My buddy said not to buy it if it doesn't come with an extra magazine". IT WAS A REVOLVER.

HAHA! winner! Don't you wonder just a little bit if he was pulling your chain though? either way, that's funny.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    HAHA! winner! Don't you wonder just a little bit if he was pulling your chain though? either way, that's funny.
    No I don't think he was pulling my chain because a few weeks earlier I had a guy look at my blued Smith 586 from every possible angle and ask me "Is this nickel"? THE SAME GUY was set up right next to me at that show.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    D-Bag: "It won't cycle. I heard you're the guy to talk to about it.", referring to the AR he built.

Shop Owner: "What have you got there?"

D-Bag: "I bought the lower from A, the build kit from B, the upper from C, and so on". Nothing bought in the shop he's at asking for advice.

Shop Owner after spending about 20 minutes going through everything: "It's the rings" and then he spends 5 more minutes explaining how the gas system works and common mistakes in the build process.

D-Bag: "Thanks"

D-bag, hearing the customer next to him ask about ammo: "You should check out Gander Mountain. They're having a great sale this weekend."

He deserved worse than the heave ho he got.

Last edited:

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    A long time ago I was buying a gun at Galyans, and the salesperson asked me the questions as he filled out the background check paperwork. I went to sign it and I reviewed it to make sure he filled everything out correctly. Under "complexion", the jerk wrote "bad". Had to be the dumbest salesperson ever.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Was in my LGS right in the middle of the last scare, after Sandy Hook. The gunshop owner, a second customer and myself were discussing assault weapons, bans, etcetera.
    The customer, on his way out the door, said, "I don't know why anyone needs an AR-15 anyway." (All pissy like) "I have a Ruger Mini 14 at home that will do the same thing." and walked out.
    The shop owner and I looked at each other and he said, "Did he really just say that?"

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I recently overheard one of the counter kids at the GM in Lafayette telling a customer that he didn't need a "permit" for his gun since he planned to open carry.

Top Bottom