• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow, yes it was.
    I know the FJ40 market is a little soft, I watch those and Datsun z’s, my two project cars.
    The whole market is a little soft but that was stolen.

Power Wagons are still holding pretty solid, I think maybe because Ram is producing a lot of Rebel 2500s for each Power Wagon 2500 they are making and the back order is still significant. That auction didn't hit the right audience, I think.

My PW remains the best truck I've ever owned. I'm hoping to head out to Utah next year with it. I saw a pretty fun sticker on a guy's dash that read "don't do anything stupid, remember you have to drive this home"... and that's me. :D

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I had a 1970 240z drove it so long the front fenders waved from the rust all over. Was still running when I let it go with over 300k. Loved that little semi sports car.
    IMG_7869.jpeg
    My wife was so mad when I brought this home, said I need to finish the project I have. PO pretty much took it 100% apart and quit.

Offroad pic because that’s what you came here for…! Oldie but a goodie.
    IMG_1608.png

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Wow, yes it was.
    I know the FJ40 market is a little soft, I watch those and Datsun z’s, my two project cars.
    The whole market is a little soft but that was stolen.
    Really? Doesn’t seem so to me because I’ve been looking for an FJ 40 project. There’s almost nothing under 20k.

There was one in Michigan for sale a month ago but no hardtop for 5900. I should’ve bought it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Really? Doesn’t seem so to me because I’ve been looking for an FJ 40 project. There’s almost nothing under 20k.

There was one in Michigan for sale a month ago but no hardtop for 5900. I should’ve bought it.
    Hmmm how much of a project do you want?
    I’ve got one that could be pretty easily turned into a good runner/off road, or with some body work be put back close to original.
    Hey isn’t about time you came out to shoot again? (and look at FJ’s?)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

Also, my perspective is just from Bring a Trailer sales, specs, and the comments. We’re talking people that thought something should bring 75k only bringing 50k. Which is crazy, it’s a cult following. But apparently the moneys out there.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Also, my perspective is just from Bring a Trailer sales, specs, and the comments. We’re talking people that thought something should bring 75k only bringing 50k. Which is crazy, it’s a cult following. But apparently the moneys out there.
    Good fixer uppers are getting very rare. I am hoping I didn’t miss the boat.

Maybe I should just spend 35K and be done with it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Hmmm how much of a project do you want?
    I’ve got one that could be pretty easily turned into a good runner/off road, or with some body work be put back close to original.
    Hey isn’t about time you came out to shoot again? (and look at FJ’s?)
    Sure!

LMN a good time. I still have some 500 Smith & Wesson testing to do too. I’ll take a look at that FJ.

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Have a 5th gen 4Runner that has a few mods. 285s, Bilsteins, roof rack, snorkel, and some LEDs.

Waiting till next year to pull the trigger on Long Travel and a Goose Gear slider setup

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    That truck has been built very nicely. Know that truck very well.

Don’t think it’s impractical at all personally

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Unconfirmed and nothing publicly sourced yet, but the F-250 Tremor is likely to get optional 37" tires soon-ish. There are also at least two new PHEV hybrids being considered on a longer time line. Both are based on existing ICE V8s, one would be smaller displacement with forced induction and the other would be larger displacement NA. Smaller FI makes more power across the band. Electric boost would put peak torque at roughly 1000-ish ft/lbs for either option. Non-electric would be at least as good as the current 7.3L Godzilla. (430 hp/ 475 ft/lb). Unclear if the new ICE motors will be offered as standalones with hybrid as an option or only in conjunction with hybrid. Fuel economy unknown. Premium fuel requirement unknown but presumed likely for peak numbers. Running empty, likely electric only range of 50-70 miles.

Ram, however, appears to have no new V8s under consideration and is going all in on the I6 model. Existing 6.4L to stay in the HD trucks for the near term but they are testing the waters to see if consumers will accept the I6 Hurricane Hi-po.

No idea what, if anything, Chevy/GMC is considering.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Unconfirmed and nothing publicly sourced yet, but the F-250 Tremor is likely to get optional 37" tires soon-ish. There are also at least two new PHEV hybrids being considered on a longer time line. Both are based on existing ICE V8s, one would be smaller displacement with forced induction and the other would be larger displacement NA. Smaller FI makes more power across the band. Electric boost would put peak torque at roughly 1000-ish ft/lbs for either option. Non-electric would be at least as good as the current 7.3L Godzilla. (430 hp/ 475 ft/lb). Unclear if the new ICE motors will be offered as standalones with hybrid as an option or only in conjunction with hybrid. Fuel economy unknown. Premium fuel requirement unknown but presumed likely for peak numbers. Running empty, likely electric only range of 50-70 miles.

Ram, however, appears to have no new V8s under consideration and is going all in on the I6 model. Existing 6.4L to stay in the HD trucks for the near term but they are testing the waters to see if consumers will accept the I6 Hurricane Hi-po.

Are you looking to trade-in the PW already? Um, 1000ft/lb torque... I can't even imagine that kind of power. My Ford has 425ft/lb of torque. I can't imagine needing more but I can imagine looking for reasons to use it (Tim Allen Tool Man voice) Arr, arr, arr!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They're doubling down on EV's. Still saying they'll be all electric by 2035. I believe them. They're lead by bat **** crazy.

In the mean time you can still get the 2.7L turbo I4, 3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel. 5.3L and 6.2L V8's in a Silverado 1500. Plus, there's the new 6.6L V8 for HD's. I mean, really, **** GM.

I was a Chevy fanboy years ago. Until Chevy beat that out of me with constant disappointment in the company, and even in their products. Don't be a fan of brands. When you need a truck, buy the best deal you can get that has the features you want. But they all suck.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Are you looking to trade-in the PW already? Um, 1000ft/lb torque... I can't even imagine that kind of power. My Ford has 425ft/lb of torque. I can't imagine needing more but I can imagine looking for reasons to use it (Tim Allen Tool Man voice) Arr, arr, arr!

Definitely not, I'm in the PW for the long haul. Just some information I found of interest and thought others may as well. There's a lot more behind NDAs. This wasn't, but I wasn't supposed to know it was for Ford. I pieced together who based on existing features, though it's possible I'm wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    lol. Chevy's new 6.6L makes a whopping 464. All them big ass pistons thrashing about for that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More pistons produce the power easier and smoother. See Jag's v12's for an example. Also, I'm not interested in turning this in to a Ford v. Chevy v. Ram thread. They all have their pros and cons.
    Well, as I said in my previous post, they all suck. If you're in the market for a new truck, get the best you can find for your needs. Brand doesn't matter.

Top Bottom