• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We'll be there in a few days, decent hiking? Any considerations not discussed in the "come visit" brochures? Two adults, teen, pre-teen in our group.

Balancing Rock trail is closed, due to fire damage per the sign.

It's a neat place with a lot of views. Trails are mostly short but steep. It's the second time we've been and it's fun for some day hikes but a day is plenty for Natural Bridge itself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Balancing Rock trail is closed, due to fire damage per the sign.

It's a neat place with a lot of views. Trails are mostly short but steep. It's the second time we've been and it's fun for some day hikes but a day is plenty for Natural Bridge itself.
    Thanks for the insight. It'll be our first trip to the Gorge area and Natural Bridge park is where we're spending time before check-in at our VRBO.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Just back from vacation in Branson, MO... I spent a day cruising the TexPlex at Fox Creek Park on their rather extensive mountain trail system on my little old 2001 Kawasaki Prairie 400 I trailered with us. Sweet Lord what a nice place to go wheeling. I love the mountains. Yeah, the pucker factor did get a little bit up there at times on some of the descents, and several places you have to be in 4x4 low to get up. The Ozark Mountains sure as hell lived up to their name. The $30 day fee was well worth it. For an old machine, she handled everything pretty well. Not a lick of trouble the whole day. The main trail itself is around 30 miles long and took me right at 3 hrs to do. Just one long twisty up/down rocky loop. You're almost always going left, right up, or down... hardly a place at all to stop to get photos, (I did get a few, and a couple videos) but to see it from the seat of a quad bike... priceless.

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

Top Bottom