• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Due to the slope of the roof they likely could not see a rifle until he popped it up to assume a shooting position. Whatever happened between him and the police officer who tried to climb onto the roof was out of view and, at minimum, several seconds behind comms relaying any of that information to the sniper. They can't just smoke somebody for crawling on a roof, absent any other information on the threat.

Now, if the radio told them "target observed with a rifle", they probably don't have to wait. Based on the timeline in the videos I'm not surprised they didn't get that information in time.

Imagine if some dumb teenager climbed up on a roof behind he wanted a better view and then immediately got splattered when he popped his head up over the ridge. There has to be PID of a threat if you're gonna smoke somebody over the heads of a crowd of people, it's not optional.
    I think the better point is no one should have access to that roof. It was even flagged as a concern.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Wha??

You need to google the opening for petticoat junction
    I took your advice and realized you guys may be a bit older than me....;) Those gals could have been with a couple find gents trained for observation\eliminating of potential threat and we wouldn't have this thread.... or maybe that explains the incompetence. :dunno:

Top Bottom