• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Coming in late to this discussion, but, I don't think we can hold this _particular_ statement as "proof" of inciting violence, when we argued that Sara Palin's same comment wasn't an incitement that caused Gabby Gifford to get shot. It's a common enough phrase that it shouldn't be ascribed to any particular call to malice without considerably more "zip" added to it.
    The rhetoric of calling Trump literally Hitler, his supporters fascists, and destroying their democracy and such, I think that's something we can point out that is inciting violence.

If you really believe there's a real ass Hitler trying to seize power, what should any responsible person do? Then say that and introduce a bill to take Trump's secret service protection away? I think it's easy enough to know what's on their minds.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I recently got the entire series on DVD, and there are some episodes I will never watch again. I like Alan's character, but if I were in charge, I'd break his arms so much he'd be doing surgery with his feet after some of the s*** he pulled. It was also a show of the times, as I feel the show constantly trips over itself trying to shove it's anti-war message down one's throat. I hate needless loss of life as much as the next guy, but pretending that complex societal problems can be solved by acting like a goofball and being in a constant alcohol induced stupor and engaging in decedent behavior is just naive.
    Isn’t this the basis for being a liberal?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I didn't get the feeling that anyone was generalizing. The woman in question appears to be inept and in over her head. Some tasks are better suited for men and some better suited for women. There are of course exceptions to every rule and I for one didn't mean a woman couldn't do the job. I think you would agree that a protection detail for a President is probably a job more suited for a man but I would never put words in some else's mouth.
    whoa hero, save some machismo for the rest of us.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The rhetoric of calling Trump literally Hitler, his supporters fascists, and destroying their democracy and such, I think that's something we can point out that is inciting violence.

If you really believe there's a real ass Hitler trying to seize power, what should any responsible person do? Then say that and introduce a bill to take Trump's secret service protection away? I think it's easy enough to know what's on their minds.

It's also funny how they're all pretending they don't own the violence their propaganda has brought.
    There's been examples of people being shot for wearing a Trump hat, at this point.

Democrats regularly imply they want violence against anyone opposing them, and have for at least the past 10 years. Sometimes their voters listen and carry out the violence. Now suddenly, something big enough happens that they can't hide it and we're supposed to believe they are sincere in wanting unity? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All of them, down to even the most disconnected and mindless voter, have enabled this and deserve to face the consequences for their actions. Until they face repercussions for having done this, there's going to continue to be an ever growing snowball of violence until we're in a hot civil war. Lack of consequences is precisely why they have been allowed to push the political climate to this extent.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Putting DEI above qualifications is wrong. But some here saying that women can’t do the job because they are a woman is crossing the line. Despite what you think of DEI, this is an inclusive community. We have women here as a part of our INGO community and we have entire threads dedicated to our women members. We want more women members in our community. I want my wife and daughter to feel welcomed and a part of the gun owner community. There are women qualified and who possess the skills. I know several women who serve as police officers and armed services that are bad a**. They work very well under pressure and don’t hesitate to do the job when the job gets tough. The few women on the SS detail that showed a lack of skill and training was just that. Please stop generalizing all women as incapable. Thank you and I’m stepping off the soap box now.
    Very true. The problem is, DEI puts race/gender over competence. It may be that the woman/Black/whatever is highly competent. Or they could be incompetent and hired primarily so their employer can check a diversity box. There is no way of knowing.

I know that if I am ever looking for a new physician, I am going to be looking for an American born Asian-American. They have had the deck stacked against them from the beginning, and if they made it through medical school, they must be incredible.
    :D

Top Bottom