• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is possibly the most 2024 thing ever.

Forbes deleted an article Sunday titled, "Will Surviving Gunfire Be Donald Trump’s Next Appeal To Black Voters?"

Looks like they're not wrong...

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    When I was a teenager, I thought he was funny.

Then after going into the Navy, I couldn't stand him.
    Wanted to yell at the screen and tell him to just do his F'n job and stop whining so much. Everyone was tired of hearing it.
    I recently got the entire series on DVD, and there are some episodes I will never watch again. I like Alan's character, but if I were in charge, I'd break his arms so much he'd be doing surgery with his feet after some of the s*** he pulled. It was also a show of the times, as I feel the show constantly trips over itself trying to shove it's anti-war message down one's throat. I hate needless loss of life as much as the next guy, but pretending that complex societal problems can be solved by acting like a goofball and being in a constant alcohol induced stupor and engaging in decedent behavior is just naive.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Putting DEI above qualifications is wrong. But some here saying that women can’t do the job because they are a woman is crossing the line. Despite what you think of DEI, this is an inclusive community. We have women here as a part of our INGO community and we have entire threads dedicated to our women members. We want more women members in our community. I want my wife and daughter to feel welcomed and a part of the gun owner community. There are women qualified and who possess the skills. I know several women who serve as police officers and armed services that are bad a**. They work very well under pressure and don’t hesitate to do the job when the job gets tough. The few women on the SS detail that showed a lack of skill and training was just that. Please stop generalizing all women as incapable. Thank you and I’m stepping off the soap box now.
    I didn't get the feeling that anyone was generalizing. The woman in question appears to be inept and in over her head. Some tasks are better suited for men and some better suited for women. There are of course exceptions to every rule and I for one didn't mean a woman couldn't do the job. I think you would agree that a protection detail for a President is probably a job more suited for a man but I would never put words in some else's mouth.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I recently got the entire series on DVD, and there are some episodes I will never watch again. I like Alan's character, but if I were in charge, I'd break his arms so much he'd be doing surgery with his feet after some of the s*** he pulled. It was also a show of the times, as I feel the show constantly trips over itself trying to shove it's anti-war message down one's throat. I hate needless loss of life as much as the next guy, but pretending that complex societal problems can be solved by acting like a goofball and being in a constant alcohol induced stupor and engaging in decedent behavior is just naive.

Well, in defense of Hawkeye ( a little bit anyway), all the characters were gross examples.
    Exaggerations.
    Look at Frank Burns and "Hot Lips".

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I didn't get the feeling that anyone was generalizing. The woman in question appears to be inept and in over her head. Some tasks are better suited for men and some better suited for women. There are of course exceptions to every rule and I for one didn't mean a woman couldn't do the job. I think you would agree that a protection detail for a President is probably a job more suited for a man but I would never put words in some else's mouth.
    I think we have a few here that are posting with their wife's looking over their shoulder. :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tagging @jamil since he first referenced Mike Morgan from Outdoors with the Morgans in one of his earlier posts...

Mike is a very thorough man. He is from the area and was in attendance. The first video is the latest video he posted. The second video he posted Saturday night.

The one he posted today had some inaccurate information in it. I think the video someone posted earlier proves who was where and when. But, that doesn't change the outcome. Some people have some splainin' to do.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    With all these people wishing death of Trump and his supporters, I do not believe that they are even close to prepared for the consequences of that mentality. Living in a society where we solve our disagreements by shooting each other is not a good society to live in. Just ask some of the third world banana republics around the world. B****ing about something on the internet is no comparison the hardships armed confrontations would bring.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    FortuneCookie45LC had an interesting observation... Where is/was there any drone footage?

Not sure if anyone has answered yet. I'm still catching up. Yes, there was drone footage, at least after. There are shots of the deceased shooter still on the roof, and the area surrounding on the interwebs. Earlier in the thread there's a video posted of someone who put a lot of research into where all the players were in relation to each other. He used some of those aerial photos in his video.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So she describes the way gunshots sounded on the video and thinks that’s what it sounded like in person? That **** apparently doesn’t understand sound filtering. It works great really. I can fart during a zoom call and no one hears it. :):
    It doesn't filter out peeing, though. ... so I've been told.

Top Bottom