• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    Long winded ******** explanation trying to convince us they don't have a digital list. Manual search in 30 minutes otherwise? Impossible.

From an earlier post in this thread; Nat'l firearms database info starts at :25 sec mark

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Until there's something more of significance about USSS incompetence, or the would-be assassin, I'm returning to what had been my regularly scheduled movie watchlist.
    • The American
    • The Jackal
    • Jack Reacher
    • Leon: The Professional
    • Shooter
    • Two-Minute Warning
    • The Day of the Jackal
    • Spy Game
    • American Sniper

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    From an earlier post in this thread; Nat'l firearms database info starts at :25 sec mark

So they got DPMS to tell them what dealer they sold that serial # to. By some amazing coincidence, that dealer had closed, so the FBI had their paper records. Then they looked through their books by hand all within 30 minutes?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Even back in 1977, I remember thinking how cool Han was, and what a whiny bitch Luke was.

:):

This is the new thing for all of these jackasses. Mocking Trump's ear dressing calling it a political prop. Yeah, well how bout you get the tip of your ears shot off in an assassination attempt and put a hello kitty bandaid on it you ****ing a**holes.

Joe Concha tells MSNBC host Ari Melber to go to hell for his comment on Trump's ear bandage calling it a "spectacle"

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When the media first reported the identity of the shooter, they said that the serial # of the rifle was traced back to his father, which led them to social media posts/photos that matched up.

If the building in question couldn't be secured, due to a lack of manpower, then SS should have requested the staging company to erect a scrim to block the sight lines to the stage. They carry a ton of that material, and it can be easily done in less than 1 hour, at minimal cost (less than $300). Can't shoot what you can't see.

Also, for the earlier posters suggesting a lack of skill on the shooters part, consider this: The shooter triple tapped without adjusting his point of aim, and all three rounds followed a trajectory within millimeters of one another.
    Some ballpark figures to make a point....sound travels 1120 fps at sea level (temperature and humidity levels can push that number up or down). It was hot and humid that day so it would travel slower.
    At a range of 135 yards (405ft) the sound took .385 seconds to register on the podium mics ( the first pops heard on the video we've all seen).
    Assuming the ammo was 55gr ball, a velocity of 3000~3200fps is possible, resulting in a travel time of approx .135 seconds.
    The duration was about .4 seconds ( not Jerry Miculek territory, but respectable nonetheless.
    The bullets arrive between .135 and .535 seconds, the sound arrives between .385 and .785 seconds. So when you hear the first pop, the second round (and possibly the third) already passed by Trump.
    What I see is the sound of a supersonic bullet passing within millimeters of Trump's ear caused enough pain or alarm to make him reach for his ear. While his hand was in motion the second round passed by, and the third followed, passing between his hand and ear, striking the ear just before he grabbed at it.
    The appearance of spray (pink mist...a minimal amount, thank God) would seem to confirm this. If Trump reacted faster he would have lost his hand. I don't yet know what type of sights/optic was used, but, for comparison, if I stood 135 yards away from you, and made an "OK" sign with my hand, and you could put three rounds thru that circle without hitting me, in less than half a second....I would not consider you to be an "unskilled" shooter.
    In this case the angles, and Trump's fortuitous head movement, averted a real tragedy (other victims notwithstanding).
    Just food for thought, to point out how lucky we (generally) and D.J. Trump (specifically) got on this occasion.

And kudos to the SS countersniper for threading a fine shot thru a huge tree at a partially obscured target.
    I don't buy it. You are talking millimeters but what I see is he basically missed and Trump is a big target. He did hit four different people. I doubt if they were sitting in the same seat. I suspect they each had their own seat and they may not have been right next to each other either. That is not a tight group, that is feet not millimeters.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

Just a reporter so he could have mis-spoke. Or they actually told him that. Either way, no way that a manual search took place within 30 minutes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So no ladder used...........

For me, this is the most interesting new factoid from that article:

"Law enforcement officials also said Tuesday that a remote transmitter was discovered inside Crooks' pocket and that it was set up to detonate devices in his car and home, according to the report.

The makeshift bombs never exploded, and officials continue to assess their purpose and capacity for damage."

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    When the media first reported the identity of the shooter, they said that the serial # of the rifle was traced back to his father, which led them to social media posts/photos that matched up.

If the building in question couldn't be secured, due to a lack of manpower, then SS should have requested the staging company to erect a scrim to block the sight lines to the stage. They carry a ton of that material, and it can be easily done in less than 1 hour, at minimal cost (less than $300). Can't shoot what you can't see.

Also, for the earlier posters suggesting a lack of skill on the shooters part, consider this: The shooter triple tapped without adjusting his point of aim, and all three rounds followed a trajectory within millimeters of one another.
    Some ballpark figures to make a point....sound travels 1120 fps at sea level (temperature and humidity levels can push that number up or down). It was hot and humid that day so it would travel slower.
    At a range of 135 yards (405ft) the sound took .385 seconds to register on the podium mics ( the first pops heard on the video we've all seen).
    Assuming the ammo was 55gr ball, a velocity of 3000~3200fps is possible, resulting in a travel time of approx .135 seconds.
    The duration was about .4 seconds ( not Jerry Miculek territory, but respectable nonetheless.
    The bullets arrive between .135 and .535 seconds, the sound arrives between .385 and .785 seconds. So when you hear the first pop, the second round (and possibly the third) already passed by Trump.
    What I see is the sound of a supersonic bullet passing within millimeters of Trump's ear caused enough pain or alarm to make him reach for his ear. While his hand was in motion the second round passed by, and the third followed, passing between his hand and ear, striking the ear just before he grabbed at it.
    The appearance of spray (pink mist...a minimal amount, thank God) would seem to confirm this. If Trump reacted faster he would have lost his hand. I don't yet know what type of sights/optic was used, but, for comparison, if I stood 135 yards away from you, and made an "OK" sign with my hand, and you could put three rounds thru that circle without hitting me, in less than half a second....I would not consider you to be an "unskilled" shooter.
    In this case the angles, and Trump's fortuitous head movement, averted a real tragedy (other victims notwithstanding).
    Just food for thought, to point out how lucky we (generally) and D.J. Trump (specifically) got on this occasion.

And kudos to the SS countersniper for threading a fine shot thru a huge tree at a partially obscured target.

I don't buy it. You are talking millimeters but what I see is he basically missed and Trump is a big target. He did hit four different people. I doubt if they were sitting in the same seat. I suspect they each had their own seat and they may not have been right next to each other either. That is not a tight group, that is feet not millimeters.
    Sure makes me believe there was a 2nd shooter, an actual marksman, who really took the shots at Trump

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So they got DPMS to tell them what dealer they sold that serial # to. By some amazing coincidence, that dealer had closed, so the FBI had their paper records. Then they looked through their books by hand all within 30 minutes?

Those paper records were scanned into the BATF database giving them real time access to an agent on the phone.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Remember this from a couple years ago?

Wait wait wait... I was told in the Bradis thread that the ATF is trustworthy and just a bunch
    of hard working law enforcement folks that would NOT kill your wife or dogs at the drop of a hat.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I step away from INGO for one evening, but now I hear that the USSS director is blaming the lack of roof coverage on a Vietnamese guy? I don't understand this at all.

a8067400-fbef-4cee-b3ab-64fd9e9da196_text.gif

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Until there's something more of significance about USSS incompetence, or the would-be assassin, I'm returning to what had been my regularly scheduled movie watchlist.
    • The American
    • The Jackal
    • Jack Reacher
    • Leon: The Professional
    • Shooter
    • Two-Minute Warning
    • The Day of the Jackal
    • Spy Game
    • American Sniper
    What!?! No John Wick?? Amateur!

Top Bottom