• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    My thought when I read there were officers inside the building. Someone clambering around on an industrial manufacturing building's corrugated steel roof makes a racket. Heavy rainfall makes one. Unless there is significant ambient noise from equipment inside the building, you'd definitely hear it.
    Ummmm, metal building, a bastion of sound proofing itself, the sun hitting it makes loud pops and cracks, insulation, not to mention the finishing material, drywall, paint, plumbing, electrical, all above the rafters. 6 million degrees F. Air conditioning-HAVC, 50 cops amped up on coffee, testosterone running down the walls. Coms in everyone’s ears, what ambient noise? I’m thinking you could hear a pin drop. :ugh:

ya, that’s purple.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Most "incidents" seem to be a conglomeration of mistakes.
    That add up, and you wonder how it happened.

. . .
    Having had to do military and industrial investigations to identify "root cause" failure mode . . . the most serious having been the military ones . . . there were invariably multiple failures of designs, procedures and/or physical devices required for the cataclysm to occur. Had any one of them not occurred, the culminating event would have been prevented. There's always a "proximate cause", the straw that broke the camel's back, but all the rest are major contributors. My findings always cited this, and recommendations always addressed all of them.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    This was an out of control knife-wielding homeless dude two miles away from the convention center. Never underestimate the ability of MSM to click-bait the headlines.
    Homeless for sure, on drugs very likely. It is Millwaukee. In 2020(last year they reported) they had 544 Fentanyl deaths. Things have not gotten better,they did stop publicly reporting it. So far in 2024 they have had 997 robberies(not including 1020 burglary and 3853 thefts),227 rapes,3436 assaults,265 car jackings...those are official figures( https://city.milwaukee.gov/police/Information-Services/Crime-Maps-and-Statistics ).

Note the complete absense of any drug crime? It is a festivus miracle!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Homeless for sure, on drugs very likely. It is Millwaukee. In 2020(last year they reported) they had 544 Fentanyl deaths. Things have not gotten better,they did stop publicly reporting it. So far in 2024 they have had 997 robberies(not including 1020 burglary and 3853 thefts),227 rapes,3436 assaults,265 car jackings...those are official figures( https://city.milwaukee.gov/police/Information-Services/Crime-Maps-and-Statistics ).

Note the complete absense of any drug crime? It is a festivus miracle!
    Saw the media report by the Milwaukee PD Chief. The dude was from a homeless "encampment" in the immediate vicinity. He got into an argument with another dude (who looked like he was also from the encampment), and then pulled out two knives to attack him. At that point, the pair of Ohio officers opened fire on him after yelling at him to drop the knives.

Witness (from homeless encampment) told media it was clearly "Another Black Man Murdered by Cops" -- in spite of the reporter asking about the dude shot by cops attacking another person with a pair of knives. Can't let facts get in the path of the "narrative" some will spew.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Well I could go on and on about 3 Mile Island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima reactor incidents.
    Each one you look at boggles the mind.
    How could this sequence of events happened? It must have been done on purpose.
    But, throw in bad conditions, then sloppy practices, sloppy workers, lackadaisical attitudes.. and it all adds up to a BANG!

I'm not saying this wasn't planned, or competence/incompetence.. or saying what did or didn't happen.
    Just saying, sometimes seemingly complex sets of things.. happen.
    I hear you and some things do boggle the mind. But this is different. Like you, I try to be as objective as possible and just look at the facts. The fact is that someone made a conscious decision to leave that roof unsecured. Up thread the SS Director was quoted saying:

“That building in particular has a sloped roof at its highest point. And so, you know, there's a safety factor that would be considered there that we wouldn't want to put somebody up on a sloped roof. And so, you know, the decision was made to secure the building, from inside.”

She admitted to a conscious decision to not secure the roof. Her reasoning “we wouldn’t want to put someone on a sloped roof”. We know she is lying because there are pictures of SS snipers on a sloped roof on the building behind the stage. This isn’t incompetence, this is something else. And unfortunately we probably will never know how deep the “something else” goes.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Back when I was serving on the NRA Board of Directors, there was a group of us that had the opportunity to view the unedited forward looking infrared radar (FLIR) tapes from the Branch Davidian Genocide.

I personally watched as armed individuals (some said FBI, other sources said Army Delta Force), at the rear of the complex where news cameras could not see, rode on the decks of tanks and directed automatic weapons fire into people attempting to flee the burning complex.

I was also there when Colonel Rex Applegate, world renowned expert on riot gear, with whom I had the honor of serving on the NRA Law Enforcement Committee, identified two empty 37mm cartridge cases that had been photographed by the Texas Rangers after being recovered from the rubble. They were from the incendiary rounds that the FBI had fired into the complex to start the fire. He referred to them as "black contract" items, purchased under the table, since no domestic law enforcement agency could possibly justify having munitions for starting fires.

Congress "investigated" the debacle. They saw and heard everything that my fellow directors did.

Remember what Congress did, who they held responsible, for a deliberate, premeditated act of mass murder against a harmless group of psalm-singing religious nuts, an act committed in front of the entire world?

My expectations are not high.

Top Bottom