• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I don't buy it. You are talking millimeters but what I see is he basically missed and Trump is a big target. He did hit four different people. I doubt if they were sitting in the same seat. I suspect they each had their own seat and they may not have been right next to each other either. That is not a tight group, that is feet not millimeters.

The other victims were hit with the next 5 shots, apparently fired indiscriminately.
    Shooter triples, sees Trump go down, and starts cutting loose to create havoc. Those shots were cut short by the countersnipers bullet.
    Alternatively, the follow up shots were just sprayed in the area where Trump disappeared to, in hopes of more hits.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Until there's something more of significance about USSS incompetence, or the would-be assassin, I'm returning to what had been my regularly scheduled movie watchlist.
    • The American
    • The Jackal
    • Jack Reacher
    • Leon: The Professional
    • Shooter
    • Two-Minute Warning
    • The Day of the Jackal
    • Spy Game
    • American Sniper
    What!?! No John Wick?? Amateur!
    OK . . . so I didn't include my entire watchlist with some older stuff (yeah there's more):
    • John Wick (should make many happier; trivia: the Red Circle club is a nod to Francois Truffaut's movie, Le Cercle Rouge)
    • The Dead Zone (1983)
    • Dirty Harry (1971)
    • The Manchurian Candidate (1962 original)
    • The Manchurian Candidate (2004 remake)
    • Suddenly (1954)
    • The Parallax View (1974)
    • Twilight's Last Gleaming (1977)
    • The Sniper (1952; not the 2009)

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Small fraction, mostly with preexisting programs and likely overstated as politicians are prone to do.

But this is really about the specific parents and it's weird to make specific allegations about them at this stage. Let's see what the actual facts are.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Pulse of the room.

To all those wondering why the shooter wasn't detained. What meets the threshold for detaining someone, especially if they are outside an established security perimeter?

Having a rangefinder?
    Lawful possession of a firearm?

Do the rules OUTSIDE the perimeter change if its the president being protected?

I thought the purpose of establishing a perimeter was demarcation of where the rules changed.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The other victims were hit with the next 5 shots, apparently fired indiscriminately.
    Shooter triples, sees Trump go down, and starts cutting loose to create havoc. Those shots were cut short by the countersnipers bullet.
    Alternatively, the follow up shots were just sprayed in the area where Trump disappeared to, in hopes of more hits.
    So your opinion is that he was secretly a really great shot. My opinion is different, that's cool.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Pulse of the room.

To all those wondering why the shooter wasn't detained. What meets the threshold for detaining someone, especially if they are outside an established security perimeter?

Having a rangefinder?

I thought the purpose of establishing a perimeter was demarcation of where the rules changed.
    The threshold for approach or detention at an event like this is low. Yes, they absolutely can stop and question you for using a rangefinder. Open carry of rifles doesn't exist in rifle range of an event like this.

Criminal charges are different, but yes they absolutely can approach you, question you, and turn you away. Many, many such interactions happen every day.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Pulse of the room.

Having a rangefinder?

Irrelevant. The problem is the ridiculously insufficient perimeter, not the legalities.

Top Bottom