Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Of course they lied.

And there wasn't even a reason to. Donald Trump is not, currently, president of the United States. He is a candidate, of which there are typically multiple per election, and the finite resources of USSS have to be balanced between competing demands. It would not surprise me if the Trump campaign simply asked for everything they could get until somebody had to tell them no. Simply admitting that would have been completely reasonable.

But now they've been caught lying.

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Of course they lied.

And there wasn't even a reason to. Donald Trump is not, currently, president of the United States. He is a candidate, of which there are typically multiple per election, and the finite resources of USSS have to be balanced between competing demands. It would not surprise me if the Trump campaign simply asked for everything they could get until somebody had to tell them no. Simply admitting that would have been completely reasonable.

But now they've been caught lying.

He's not just a candidate, though. He is also an ex-president.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't care how the message is delivered. The next generation of voters ain't exactly vibing to Chet Atkins.
    ^This^ I think the audience that McDonald is trying to reach is within his sphere of influence, and it's not Chet Atkins types. I see this song or whatever blowing up in a positive way on a lot of YT reaction videos of which are a majority of young black individuals and up as well as others who are into that genre. I think the message is starting to resonate with them.

In that sense, like his genre or not, IMO McDonald is becoming a valuable social media asset in the awakening. A lot of people are starting to pay attention to him and he's part of the conversation.

Case in point. Look at the reaction of that young lady in the clip that was posted.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump asking questions.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Donald Trump said on Saturday nobody warned him of a problem in the lead-up to the former president's rally in Pennsylvania when a would-be assassin shot him in the ear.

"Nobody mentioned it, nobody said there was a problem. I would've waited for 15, they could've said let's wait for 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 5 minutes, something. Nobody said," Trump told Fox News in an interview.

"I think that was a mistake," he added. "How did somebody get on that roof? And why wasn't he reported?"
    What I wondered the whole time after finding out people saw the shooter on the roof. Why didn't they call out on the radio about it? Why not shut down the event until everything was secured? There's no excuse for that. And as I've said, it's difficult to go with Hanlon's Razor when Occam's Razor makes malice sound like a simpler explanation at this point. I'm not making any claims of conspiracies. I'm just saying it's hard to believe that level of incompetence can be that extraordinary.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't understand the thought process of some people who call a cowardly murderer a "hero" ...
    :n00b:

Imagine the family of that firefighter who was killed seeing this on the streets.

thomas-matthew-crooks.jpg

That same dude holding the poster probably also made a "RIP poster" the day Bin Laden was killed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's a good picture showing where he climbed onto the roof. I'd say he definitely did not need a ladder to get up there.
    View attachment 367544
    View attachment 367545
    I saw a photo of a ladder--not the 9 foot ladder that was propped up near the building the shooter was on. it was on one of the other buildings. There was a ~5 ft ladder that got up onto some platform, from which one could easily climb up. And once you're on any roof, you can get on any other roof in that complex.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't understand the thought process of some people who call a cowardly murderer a "hero" ...

Imagine the family of that firefighter who was killed seeing this on the streets.

That same dude holding the poster probably also made a "RIP poster" the day Bin Laden was killed.
    If I am going to go through the trouble of taking that picture, I would get the face of the person holding it

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Van with IED had Arizona tags. Would-be murderer rode a bike to the AGR building/had a backpack next to it. Hyundai sedan is?? Had a receipt in his pocket for a ladder bought that morning that may or may not have been used.

"Local Officers engaged" story broke, not much else. The shots from a different weapon (up-thread with the sound analysis video,) was it the local officer?

My brain hurts.

The alleged "white van" may be what the press or others quickly posted as an unidentified van from elsewhere in pure speculation -- running around trying to find "suspicious" vehicles obviously not from nearby. Their Prime Directive is being FIRST with Breaking News for fame and fortune. I call it the Drudge Effect. Verification and authentication no longer exists for them. It's then parroted by the lazy using the Internet to generate their news reports.

Bike and backpack were in a photo found on his phone. What does it mean? Are they his? Don't know. One would have to compare backpack in photo to one found on roof which was undoubtedly his. The bike could have been used to get from where his Hyundai was parked to the site versus walking.

More reliable "facts" have emerged now regarding number of "shooters":
    1. Would-be assassin who apparently fired eight shots; three well spaced followed by five rapid.
    2. Non-USSS counter-sniper who fired a single shot that missed.
    3. USSS counter-sniper who fired a single shot that took out would-be assassin.
    Amateur sleuths doing analyses of shots fired are using crappy online videos, attempting to perform precision timing and sound level measurements from them. Measure with a micrometer, mark cut with chalk, then chop with an axe. Another way of putting it is asking someone coming up with an 8-digit calculator answer what they used to measure the input data used and discovering it was a 10 cm steel rule marked in millimeters. How do you get a 1:100,000,000 precision answer from 1:100 precision inputs? Something to be said for those of us who grew up using 10"-12" slide rules with three significant digits on most of its scales and an estimated fourth significant digit on portions of some scales. We learned "significant digit" discipline, and got our knuckles whacked with a ruler if we ignored it. Those who have done design "tolerance stack-up" studies in mechanical designs to verify assembly ability after parts are fabricated will also understand it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If there were a successful assassination of Hitler wouldn’t that guy be considered a hero? The press, Hollywood, Democrat politicians, have been saying Trump is an existential threat to democracy itself! A threat to Americans. To freedom. He will put them all in prison. He must be stopped at all costs.

It’s that the people holding up these “heo” signs are too cowardly to do it themselves, so when someone as deluded as them has the balls to do it they cheer. Because the little ********er had the balls to “save democracy” from the fascist tyrant and his fascist supporters.

What is a freedom loving American supposed to do with an existential threat? Be a hero? The rhetoric is a likely cause for this attempt, and for all the vitriol the left and some on the right have for Trump and supporters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Found him ...
    Well let's hope it's the same moron and not another one who bought the same poster.
    He even said "he didn't kill anybody" ...

See? That guy is convinced, even after experiencing 4 years of not living in a dictatorship under Trump, that Trump is a tyrant. He believes the lies. And now he’s equivocating on the hero thing because he got called out.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    See? That guy is convinced, even after experiencing 4 years of not living in a dictatorship under Trump, that Trump is a tyrant. He believes the lies. And now he’s equivocating on the hero thing because he got called out.
    I agree with you.
    But at the end of the day that idiot who printed the sign is 100% responsible for being an uninformed moron.
    Even though the left and part of the press is partially responsible like you said.

The scary thing is that this dude could have been the would-be assassin.

Top Bottom