Official INGO WWII shoot Saturday, June 6th 2009.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I just read a page back .30-06 ammo might be needed. I have a couple hundred mil. surplus (Greek though) m2 ball 150gr .30-06 ammo. I bought about 600rds but don't plan on having all that by June.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    This is the exact reason I even own a gun. Bought my (first) M1 garand 3 weeks ago with the goal of having hands on history. I have since cought the fever and desperately want to shoot a round or two from as many ww2 weapons as I can own, borrow, or trade. Count me and my m1 in, my wife has been informed that date is not to be messed with (and pending her approval it won't be.)

Cool! I'll add ya to the list!

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I found some boxes of 30 carbine at the local hardware store, but don't know if its a good buy or not. I think it was UMC(yellow box) and it was $23/50 rds, should I get it? He only has 3 boxes of it.. If I do get to come I want to be able to bring something to feed the guns. I have got some 7.62x54r that I can bring also.

Fire

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    MAn I would love to attend this with my Springfield 1903 Mark1 and my
    M1 .30 cal Carbine, but alas my 22nd wedding anniversary is on that day.

So while you guys are having fun I'll be celebrating the 65th anniversary of D-Day, my anny and my late grandma's b-day.

RyanWsly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St.Bernice
    Close to home for me, I'll try to be there and spread the word around, I live north of Terre Haute, and work there, bet about half the guys I work with would like to go. Thanks for organizing this, and so close to home too.

RyanWsly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St.Bernice
    Forgot to ask, this is for members correct? so to go you need to join and let you know? Just asking because if I tell anybody about it I need to let them know.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Forgot to ask, this is for members correct? so to go you need to join and let you know? Just asking because if I tell anybody about it I need to let them know.

The club has been rented by Wabash valley Practical Pistol Shooters and Adaptive Consulting and Training so that the World War II crowd may shoot for a small nominal range fee. There will be range supervision to assist shooters for a fun and safe day.

Anyone wanting to join WVPPS, RCC or take a class from ACT will be greatly appreciated but there are no strings attached. I personally will be in southern Indiana preparing for the USPSA state match, but wish I could be there.:patriot:

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

You do not need to be a member of Riley Conservation Club to attend this shoot. As Coach said, we have had the range reserved for us for the day. We do, however, need to chip in for the range rental. That will be $10 per person.

Should I add you to the list!?!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    What the hell, I think I'm going to load up the van and bring all my WWII era stuff. US (2), Brit (2), Swiss (2), German (1), Swede (1), Russian (1). I might even sneak in my Spanish Gaurdia .308 even though it was converted to .308 after the war.

I'll be busy cleaning for days. :laugh:

Anyone wanting a ride from the Castleton area, drop me a PM.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    What the hell, I think I'm going to load up the van and bring all my WWII era stuff. US (2), Brit (2), Swiss (2), German (1), Swede (1), Russian (1). I might even sneak in my Spanish Gaurdia .308 even though it was converted to .308 after the war.

I'll be busy cleaning for days. :laugh:

Anyone wanting a ride from the Castleton area, drop me a PM.

Great!

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Crap

I have to work that day. I was going to bring my 1919 semi belt fed.

I used to work for a Class3 dealer a few years ago. What I learned was that if you show up with factory or surplus ammo, not reloads most people will let you shoot their stuff. Not everyone works that way but, I never got turned down. If you have the hots to shoot a weapon you might just happen to have some ammo on you. Read up on your dream weapon. That way you can ask intelligent questions. A genuine attitude and extra politeness will normally allow you to weasel your way into some pretty cool situations. Bribe them with Bacon if you have to.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I just noticed this event. It sounds awesome! I will work on the wife to see if she'll handle the kids for a day alone. I will bring my Lithgow No I Mk III Enfield.

-Calvin
    Bloomington

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hope someone is going to have a camera there taking pictures and posting them and some video on here for those of us tied up someplace else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom