Official INGO WWII shoot Saturday, June 6th 2009.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm bringing my M1 (I'm already on the list) and a lot of ammo for it, but I am developing quite a list of other ww2 guns others are bringing that I am dying to shoot a round or 5 out of. Someone mentioned earlier that people are pretty OK with letting you shoot a their weapon but the asker should supply the ammo. From the standpoint of the gun owner it seems to make sense that if someone wants to shoot my gun I would rather use my ammo since I know exactly what it is. I don't want to buy a bunch of odd ammo for guns I want to shoot on the hopes that 1 that style of gun will be there and 2 the owner is ok with me shooting it and 3 they haven't done some modification that makes my ammo not the best for it. I am the newbie here so anyone can trump this but here are my random thoughts and suggestions:
    ---If you have it available bring more ammo for your weapon than you think you will need.
    ---I don't want to make money (do I need to reference Don here to avoid copywright infringment?) but if we figure a cost per round that we paid (or that the ammo is going for now) for our ammo then if someone wants to shoot our weapon they can just reimburse us for the rounds they used.
    ---If this concept or rule of etiquette (or a greatly improved one other than mine) became somewhat accepted or known ahead of time then it would be easier for the owner not to feel like a tight %$# for charging a buck or two to shoot his gun because he knows and he knows everyoe else knows that is what the ammo costs for that weapon.
    ---For the non owner I would be more comfortable asking to shoot someones weapon knowing I was not going to contribute to the shoot slowly becoming a financial burden on the owner as possibly more people ask to shoot it througout the day.
    ---When I visualize this I fear the shoot ends up looking like a garage sale with people hanging signs next to their ammo box "$.50 per round". My point is not weather we use signs or not. I think if everyone expected to have a financial discussion up front like "Can I shoot your weapon...what does ammo cost for this thing, and can I buy the 3 or so rounds that I put down range" then we could all be there to enjoy the atmosphere the event was intended for and not feel we are contributing to making it commercial.
    ---last point- I promise not to post messages again when I have had this much coffee.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hmmm... I will have my Mosin Nagant 91/30 by then, and my wife has her 1911A1. Being a RIA gun it's a "fake" 1911, but it will have to do. I think we'll try and make this :)

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    This is shaping up nicely. Don't forget, we have to cover the cost of the range. It'll be $10 a person. Also we're planning on having a weenie roast at the range for lunch. We do need to bring targets to shoot. And all these weapons will be worthless without ammo. We're gonna need:

.30-06 of the M2 ball variety (most folks will not allow commercial .30-06 to be fired in their M1's, it can bend the op rod)
    8MM Mauser
    .30cal Carbine
    7.62x54
    .45ACP
    9MM
    .303 Enfield

If I'm missing any just holler out what you'll need. Feel free to come even if you don't own any WWII guns, but it would be nice if you would bring something to feed these beasts!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If things work out, I will try to make it with the following.

M1
    K98
    A few Mosins, maybe one of each length?
    Radom P35 Pistol

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    reunion for guns

This is shaping up nicely. Don't forget, we have to cover the cost of the range. It'll be $10 a person. Also we're planning on having a weenie roast at the range for lunch. We do need to bring targets to shoot. And all these weapons will be worthless without ammo. We're gonna need:

.30-06 of the M2 ball variety (most folks will not allow commercial .30-06 to be fired in their M1's, it can bend the op rod)
    8MM Mauser
    .30cal Carbine
    7.62x54
    .45ACP
    9MM
    .303 Enfield

If I'm missing any just holler out what you'll need. Feel free to come even if you don't own any WWII guns, but it would be nice if you would bring something to feed these beasts!

Add a 1943 Mosin Nagant and a 1940 Mauser 98k to my '43 M1 garand. I'll have ammo for all 3. I can also bring a rubbermaid folding table if it would come in handy. SOMEONE PLEASE bring a WW2 era thompson smg, or let me know where to get one. I seem to be focused on obtaining it next.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Add a 1943 Mosin Nagant and a 1940 Mauser 98k to my '43 M1 garand. I'll have ammo for all 3. I can also bring a rubbermaid folding table if it would come in handy. SOMEONE PLEASE bring a WW2 era thompson smg, or let me know where to get one. I seem to be focused on obtaining it next.

Updated! I think the table would be helpful. A Thompson would be really cool, but we can't fire it in full auto.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'd like to come, and bring my dad. I think he'd get a kick out of it. I'll bring a 91/30 and hopefully some add'l ammo to shoot a couple other rifles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom