• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Went to my bud's dad's. Not too good a spot in early bow.
    Jumped a button when going to stand. 15 mins later his twin is bleating and wandering around me. 'Bout an hr later I hear and see turkeys from behind, and then a deer (all on edge of field through trees, 25 yards away). Both buttons are surrounded by the 8 hens.
    Ears back, a little fancy footwork, they didn't like being surrounded.

The turkeys didn't care and when they had gone farther into the field the two buttons came in and went right back the the same clump of bushes I spooked them from.

When the wind died I saw in the next field over, a deer. Called and got him mad, he chased off another deer I didn't see (200 yards, picked corn). He hung up still over 100 yds out, and with it very quiet I doe bleated.

Came in like he was on a string, but just a 6 pt. So at 5 yards I just watched him pass.

Recurve hunting..............why couldn't he have been a 125" :(

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    My dad has been trying to get a nice doe. He didn't go yesterday morning because he was "tired." Even though he spent the previous evening sitting in a ground blind with my son sleeping while my son was on watch. Anyhow, I pulled my memory cards from my trail cams and this doe is about 16 yards from the stand dad normally sits in.
    004.jpg

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    My dad has been trying to get a nice doe. He didn't go yesterday morning because he was "tired." Even though he spent the previous evening sitting in a ground blind with my son sleeping while my son was on watch. Anyhow, I pulled my memory cards from my trail cams and this doe is about 16 yards from the stand dad normally sits in.
    004.jpg

Awesome pic. Just got my first deer of the season. Big doe. Very happy. I passed on a spike 6" I hope he makes it another year so. No great pics tho. I was stalking her and dropped her at 25yds. She might have run 5' before the went down.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    anyone get out this evening? I really wanted to but ended up having to pick up dinner after wife worked a long day.

Friday/Saturday looks very promising.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    anyone get out this evening? I really wanted to but ended up having to pick up dinner after wife worked a long day.

Friday/Saturday looks very promising.

No, decided to take the lady to Hacienda for margaritas. :D Seeing a lot more bucks now, 3 the other night...plus 10 does. Gonna be a great end of October I feel. :rockwoot:

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I went out this morning and saw nothing!

My dad, on the other hand, got this nice 9 point. He shot it with his bow about 8:15 this morning. He shot at another smaller buck TWICE and missed because he hit tree limbs. He saw this deer in the field about 5 minutes later. He had to put out his cigarette to shoot it. The deer was straight down wind from him.
    2012-10-24_10-18-58_841.jpg

2012-10-24_12-53-09_175.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    now that I've filled my archery doe tag on Crane last week, I saw 6 does and a spike buck in range.

Saw a nice 3.5yo 8 point around 90 yards off. We're gettin there!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I've only been out about 4 times this season. Haven't seen a darn thing. All the hunts have been in the evening. Taking the day off from school Friday to get out in the morning since the temperature is coming down. Hoping for a better hunt.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    This weekend looks REALLY good. All of the bucks I have seen have been in the evening, about 30 minutes to dark. I've seen does at all random times of the day.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Got my first deer tonight...

Arrow went in the front of the left front shoulder and exited in front of the right rear leg... She only made it 30 yards before she went belly up... Both lungs were hit, nothing else... I am definitely sold on how hunting now :)

And in case you want to know, she was taken with a Mathews Prestige at 65lbs using beman arrows and g5 broadheads...

IMAGE_04428299-5FE4-48B3-8805-1812593F645D.JPG

IMAGE_B7D2897B-9504-4920-B938-45CBCE55DD0D.JPG

Last edited:

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    At 8:00 am in Marion county. I seen a 115 8 point checking bedding areas this morning. Just for fun I threw a couple doe bleats his way and he turned around so my guess is the little guys are getting curious!!!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Guys who have already got their first deer; will you still get up at 0Dark:30 or isn't now an evening season for you? As I got up and ready for work at 05:30 this morning I couldn't help but think my season may become an evening season now, lol. Nothing like being in a tree stand and watching that sun come up though. Aaaarrrggghhh. I'll probably still get up and do it. It'll just be that much harder until I hit the woods and remember how nice it is to be out.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Guys who have already got their first deer; will you still get up at 0Dark:30 or isn't now an evening season for you? As I got up and ready for work at 05:30 this morning I couldn't help but think my season may become an evening season now, lol. Nothing like being in a tree stand and watching that sun come up though. Aaaarrrggghhh. I'll probably still get up and do it. It'll just be that much harder until I hit the woods and remember how nice it is to be out.

Nope, I actually like mornings more. Work just doesn't allow me to get out in the mornings as much as I would like.:(

Top Bottom