• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Guys who have already got their first deer; will you still get up at 0Dark:30 or isn't now an evening season for you? As I got up and ready for work at 05:30 this morning I couldn't help but think my season may become an evening season now, lol. Nothing like being in a tree stand and watching that sun come up though. Aaaarrrggghhh. I'll probably still get up and do it. It'll just be that much harder until I hit the woods and remember how nice it is to be out.

I get up at 3:45AM to go to work. Days I hunt, I get to sleep in:D

DBoller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    This bruiser came in last night:rockwoot: So hopefully me or my dad can put the munch on him. (I know the time and date are off, I'm fixing that today)
    deer036_zps4e0403b8.jpg

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Shot this one today out of same stand my dad shot his out of yesterday morning. He should be an 8 point but is a broke off 6. I'm happy with him. Rattled him in about 8:30 this morning. Shot him at 27 yards with a Parker crossbow. This is my first deer with archery equipment.
    2012-10-25_08-59-32_833.jpg

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Shot this one today out of same stand my dad shot his out of yesterday morning. He should be an 8 point but is a broke off 6. I'm happy with him. Rattled him in about 8:30 this morning. Shot him at 27 yards with a Parker crossbow. This is my first deer with archery equipment.
    2012-10-25_08-59-32_833.jpg

Congrats! When you say rattle was it all out rattling or sparring?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

very nice!!

Buddy of mine caught a few sparring on trail cam this past week.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Guys who have already got their first deer; will you still get up at 0Dark:30 or isn't now an evening season for you?

I try to hunt most nights after work. Have hunted a few weekend morning and seen nothing, but see most of the activity in the last hour of light each day.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    I had to take my treestands and cameras out of the woods last night. My grandpa is having the woods logged out. I told him to leave the maples and white oaks. I don't mind taking them out so he can make some money, but i was pretty teed off when I went out there at about 1245 to take my main stand i was going to hunt in that evening and bumped this guy out of his bed about 65 yards from my stand.
    44720.jpg

oh well hopefully he'll show up around muzzleloader season.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    very nice!!

Buddy of mine caught a few sparring on trail cam this past week.
    Thanks. The deer we have shot the last few days have not showed up on my trail cams.
    I have a couple really nice bucks on camera. I'm hoping my son will get one of them.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Guys who have already got their first deer; will you still get up at 0Dark:30 or isn't now an evening season for you?
    My dad and I have both got our bucks. We will take turns taking my son out during the rest of bow season.
    I don't plan on hunting again until gun season.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Really looking forward to Saturday. It will be tough but I might make it out in the evening. I could try to play my cards right and hunt tomorrow after work but that will put me in a really big hurry to get from the Haute down to Greene Co and get things ready for an evening hunt. Probably not worth the effort. Plus I never know what time I'll be leaving work. So right now plan is Saturday evening (hopefully) and a definate Sunday morning and evening. I haven't even attempted it the last 2 weekends.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    On my way to work this morning at 5:30am, I saw a 6-8 pointer just walking through the high school parking lot. I swear I only see deer when I'm in a car. Gonna try to get out tomorrow morning if it's not to windy.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Scheduled mon and tues off over a month ago. Looks like I hit the weather right. I've been out but nothing in the freezer. Really looking forward to the next few days.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm not much into hunting deer when the weather is as warm as its been lately. But I'm hoping to get back out again this weekend.

One of my buddies took a real nice doe last weekend, she dressed out at 126 lbs. One of his buds took a nice 8-point at Winamac, but don't know what it weighed in at.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Well I decided to take the weekend off. Saw a nice 10 point, mature buck on Saturday. Came within 60 yards checking scrapes. Was going back for him but I went to shoot some new arrows yesterday and my ripcord code red was loose.

Not sure what happened. Had it installed at Outdoorsman but that is kind of a trek to get there and with work I am time restricted. Gonna try to do the vert/horizontal tune off archery talk and then walkback tune this weekend when i get some time. I ahve never had much luck at getting center shot right myself so hopefully this method will work well.

What a bummer.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Well I decided to take the weekend off. Saw a nice 10 point, mature buck on Saturday. Came within 60 yards checking scrapes. Was going back for him but I went to shoot some new arrows yesterday and my ripcord code red was loose.

Not sure what happened. Had it installed at Outdoorsman but that is kind of a trek to get there and with work I am time restricted. Gonna try to do the vert/horizontal tune off archery talk and then walkback tune this weekend when i get some time. I ahve never had much luck at getting center shot right myself so hopefully this method will work well.

What a bummer.

Any close archery shops that could get you set back up in an hour...now is not the time to take a weekend off if you can help it. Sorry about your luck.:noway:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Any close archery shops that could get you set back up in an hour...now is not the time to take a weekend off if you can help it. Sorry about your luck.:noway:

They are the closest other than Gander. I am sure I can do as good as they can. I might make the trek if Outdoorsman can do it while I wait. Typically never do so I def can't make 2 trips.

Hopefully that big boy will be around next week. I am really hutning for a nice doe..he is just icing on my Jerky cake.

Top Bottom