• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Headed out this morning. Don't feel like walking real far this morning so I'm hitting the stand about 100 yards from my back door.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Sat out last night and watched several does anywhere from 20 yards to 200 yards. No bucks but a great evening to sit in the stand and shake down the gear. Coyotes went nuts just as it got dark. As many times as I have heard them and I know they don't tend to attack people, it still kind of sends a chill down your spine on the long walk back to the truck.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Seen 6 does in the field. They came to about 120 yards. Had another big bodied deer a couple hundred yards out. It walked right by my stand I put up this year. I was going to wait until gun season to get in that stand but I might set up in it during archery. All the does I saw in the field were in range from that stand when they came out of the woods.

Saw one deer about 70 yards away in the woods but it never came towards me.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    OK, that's good to know. I wasn't sure how to take that story. Sorry sbcman.

:): I'll count this as a failed attempt at sarcastic humor

Sorry to get you worked up :D

Congrats to all that have taken some this year:rockwoot:We've had a little cold snap this week down my way and it's definitely giving us some deer fever!

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Plugged a 140# doe the other morning. She was a beauty. She was enjoyed that very same evening on our dinner table. I nic-named her Backstrap Betty. saw 3 little bucks and about 12 does yesterday morning and a really nice buck yesterday evening, but he was about 100 yrds away. Oh well theres always later in the year. He'll eventually make that fatal mistake.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    heading to the stand here shortly, haven't seen any moving near my stand yet.

Gonna try another spot tonight, even though the wind isn't perfect for it.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Good luck.

I'll be back out tomorrow morning. Tomorrow evening, my 6 year old daughter wants to go with me. We will be in a box blind.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Good evening in the woods, passed on two does hoping this 8 pointer would come in closer, was about 25 yards too far out. Had to wait until dark to slip out. First time I've ever had to make a decision to pass :-)

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I took my oldest daughter hunting last night. Our primary focus was on turkeys, as they are thick in the spot that we were going and the deer seem to be non-existent. We were not set up 5 minutes and 3 hens stepped out catching me totally off guard. They came in where I would have had a perfect 10 yard shot, but I couldn't get my daughter turned the right direction. In trying to get her turned one of the hens saw some movement and they all left. We sat the rest of the evening just talking and laughing. Never saw another thing, which was OK with us.:cool:

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Are the buck trailing yet? I've noticed a change in doe behavior in my neighborhood. Sounds like a productive Archery season so far.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    My first of the year

2dmfbxe.jpg

A tiny tasty doe

Took her Saturday morning but just figured out how to load pics

Had some tenderloin on the grill last night:rockwoot:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Saw a 6 point making the rounds early this morning. He was about 75 yards out. Now sitting in the stand I have 2 does bedded down about 50 yards away downwind. Guess the cover scent is doing its job. I can see them but they are through some brush. Hopefully I can wait them out and when they get up from their nap I can get me some freezer meat.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'll be out again in the morning and probably again tomorrow night.

Part of me wishes I had taken the day off, but I'm saving those vacation days for the fist week of Novemer :D

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Went and pulled memory cards out of camera today. Couple small bucks and does, a couple dogs and a couple yotes. I don't know who's dogs they are but I have a picture of one of them in my woods also.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    been doing a little scouting a work during lunch, think I fould a couple of deer highways. Put in a couple of cameras and will give them a week.

would love to be a tree tonight, but high school football calls.

Will be out tomorrow for sure.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I'm getting ready to head out with my 6 year old daughter. I'm not sure how long she will be able to sit still. I had her put her Nintendo DS in the charger. We'll be in a box blind.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've been out three times and have seen 3 bucks, 2 bucks and 1 buck. No shooters. No does and I find that somewhat strange.

I had three hen turkeys come by yesterday evening.. I let them go on by..

C7FCC10C-5434-48B4-99C1-A6C4FA5295A0-426-0000004E3285F95E.jpg

Top Bottom