• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I went out to hunt on some of my ground that I own. Got to the stand that I wanted to hunt and found some piece of xhit had stole my treestand. :xmad: They left the climbing sticks, safety static line, pull up rope, and even the ratchet straps. Only took the stand. I hate trespassing thieves!

So I went out to another farm of mine to make the best of the evening. Saw 9 bucks and 2 does. One very nice buck at 200 yards. Let a spike walk at about 15 yards. Good ending to an otherwise crappy evening.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Got a doe today. She ran to an area of the woods where I hadn't been yet and led me to a great area with lots of rubs and scrapes. There aren't any trees straight enough or the right size for the climber, so I'll have to drag the ladder stand out there. Unfortunately, the beans are still in and this spot is as far away from the property entrance as possible. Hoping the farmer takes the beans out this week so I can get back there since I have two weeks off work just before gun season comes in. The area is also thick with honeysuckle bush, so it may be tough to find a good spot with shooting lanes, but I'm going to try. There's a big deer on the property and I'm hoping to take him this year. :D

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Had a spike, a nice young 6, and a doe with 2 fawns all in range Sun. morn. It's just a matter of time before a shooter comes by. I'm hunting a new stand location this year...so far so good.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    Any one here hunt from the ground or are you all up in the trees? I have a stand, but I feel more comfortable tucked away in some brush.

My first outing resulted in a very lonely cold morning. My second outing was a slow afternoon followed by an adrenaline filled 45 min stalk right at dark, but I just couldn't get them to cross the fields fast enough. I felt the 75 yd broadside shot would have been too much that late. I feel good about that decision.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    this made me happy on Friday:

564018_10151121215173528_14965588_n.jpg

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    Hickman: i think it was a combination of fairly dry rails and thick brush, also i think i sat it down to rest it with the stirrup down too hard and that may have gotten it started falling out. today i shot right under a doe's ribcage because i underestimated the range. i guess if i learn a lesson each time i may eventually get to be a half decent hunter.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Been a good year for me even though I haven't made it into my stand. Went one evening and found this doe laying on the ground. She was warm and no one had tagged her, so I decided to field dress her so the meat wouldn't go bad and take her on in. Same thing happened with a really nice buck a little while later. Can't figure out why guys are bagging these deer:dunno:

So, haven't hunted yet but had a guy make me a really cheap deal on some deerstands. Can't wait to set them up.:yesway:

:)::)::)::)::)::):
    (I don't use purple)

Sorry to hear about all the deer being lost! I guess it happens to all of us at one time or another- had it happen to me during muzzleloading season a year or two back. Makes you sick. Thankfully, I hunt off the ground, so I haven't lost any stands. Congrats to those who have taken some and to all the great job the youth hunters did:rockwoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    ah, congrats Sailor!

I'll be in a tree right after work.

Pickin up the boy's deer from the processor, on the way home.

He's been talkin a little smack, so tonight brown is down!

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    you know, it'd be kind of cool to have an INGO deer camp one of these days.

Don't think I've done one since I was a teen.

Would be cool to get a group of us together and find a spot in the Hoosier National Forest or somewhere to camp/hunt a few days.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    Been a good year for me even though I haven't made it into my stand. Went one evening and found this doe laying on the ground. She was warm and no one had tagged her, so I decided to field dress her so the meat wouldn't go bad and take her on in. Same thing happened with a really nice buck a little while later. Can't figure out why guys are bagging these deer:dunno:

So, haven't hunted yet but had a guy make me a really cheap deal on some deerstands. Can't wait to set them up.:yesway:

:)::)::)::)::)::):
    (I don't use purple)

Sorry to hear about all the deer being lost! I guess it happens to all of us at one time or another- had it happen to me during muzzleloading season a year or two back. Makes you sick. Thankfully, I hunt off the ground, so I haven't lost any stands. Congrats to those who have taken some and to all the great job the youth hunters did:rockwoot:

I hope I am jumping the gun on a story that I don't know all the facts, but I have to speak my mind. I am going to look at this from one point of view. If I were the one that shot either one of those deer that you claimed for yourself, and I had been waiting to make sure the deer had died before scaring it into running farther, and I had followed the blood trail only to find someone had dressed it and only left me a pile of guts, I would be pissed.
    I don't know the temperature of the day(s) you are referring, but since you mentioned the body temp instead of a warm air temp as your concern, I can only assume it was still a fresh kill. I really hope you took the time to follow the blood back to the source to make sure the hunter responsible wasn't still in the area. I personally don't know of anyone that would leave a nice buck for the scavengers.
    I hope I am wrong, but if I'm not I hope I never catch you taking one of my kills.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I hope I am jumping the gun on a story that I don't know all the facts, but I have to speak my mind. I am going to look at this from one point of view. If I were the one that shot either one of those deer that you claimed for yourself, and I had been waiting to make sure the deer had died before scaring it into running farther, and I had followed the blood trail only to find someone had dressed it and only left me a pile of guts, I would be pissed.
    I don't know the temperature of the day(s) you are referring, but since you mentioned the body temp instead of a warm air temp as your concern, I can only assume it was still a fresh kill. I really hope you took the time to follow the blood back to the source to make sure the hunter responsible wasn't still in the area. I personally don't know of anyone that would leave a nice buck for the scavengers.
    I hope I am wrong, but if I'm not I hope I never catch you taking one of my kills.

I believe he was being sarcastic

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Hickman- we have three or four deer camps at Hoosier every year, usually have a few ingo members along with other friends and family, we always see alot of deer and turkey and have a good time. Heading down there for the second time on the 19th

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    All right, so heading out tomorrow for deer camp #2. Got Thursday night, coming home Sunday midday.

According to the deer movement charts, this isn't going to be a great weekend for deer movement but I'm hoping to not strike out again. This will be my last shot for October.

Wish everyone good luck this weekend and appreciate the returned favor :D

Top Bottom