• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Went to sight my CVA Optima in for tomorrows gun hunt on Crane.

Just went I get it dialed in, the KonusPro scope that came with it broke. The bottom of the crosshair looks like a big ink splotch.

Grrr, time to go find another scope...

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Girlfriends daughter stuck a arrow through her first buck yesterday right before last light.Very nice 9 pointer.Talk about hyped up.Just glad it didn't happen on a school night cause she was wound for sound til 2am lol..I'll put a pic up once I'm on the computer..She's enjoying teasing the heck out of me that I won't get one as big as hers when I start hunting during gun season

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Well I have been shut out so far this year. Only been out 4 Saturdays though with the bow. I have seen more deer this year than any year past. I am hunting som new ground...much larger property and have yet to fully pattern the deer. I have seen a nice 10 point and today saw a tall 8 across the field in some CRP bedded down with a doe. I have seen numerous doe without any bucks trailing though. Must only be a few in the area. I would have expected more Rut action than I am seeing.

Gonna setup a blind in the area I saw them in prep for next weekend.

The H&R .44 mag is humming them in practice. Touching at 75 yards..can't wait.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    tara.jpg

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Congrats on an awesome buck! I got lucky and arrowed a nice doe this morning. I have seen a couple of bucks in the last two days, but no shots on them yet.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    the wind was brutal today, I hunted all day since it was a mil refuge gun hunt and only saw two does.

Didn't see any walking after sundown either as I drove out.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I saw a small buck and doe being hauled out of the Jefferson proving grounds yesturday. It was warm and windy down here too, felt like deja vu from last years gun season. :noway: But it's supposed to drop here al day so hopefully this weekend is going to be good.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Got out and dialed my Optima in with it's new Nikon.

Driving back about 5:00, saw a big buck standing out in the middle of a picked corn field.

Bet I know what he was doing ;)

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Here is a video from a doe that I shot about 10 days ago. I will note that this is REAL hunting, and in real hunting things happen that you regret. In this video I also blow a "gimme" 20 yard chip shot on a decent buck. We looked for this buck for hours and reviewed footage many times on a 55" HD TV. The shot was too low and I'm pretty confident that this buck is recovering from a superficial wound. It sucks, I failed at my job in putting a good shot on him, and unfortunately this stuff happens.

Enjoy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbOZzh5_7JQ&list=UU3gc_CXTt9PD3-tLYGQf3Nw&index=1&feature=plcp

Top Bottom